wearing around your children

puddlefeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Please do not get the wrong idea about this post, I am being serious and want your thoughts. If your child was under 3 years old, would you wear your diapers and onesies around them? I mean... would that be so wrong if everything was covered up properly? Do you think it might subconsciously imprint an idea about something... Idk, just spitballing here. My partner and I have a 4 month old baby and she told me that I can wear my onesies and diapers to bed. but tben I'm thinking, "Well what if she wakes up and needs a bottle? Should I just pick her up while wearing everything?" Overall I think it's awesome and will do it, but does anybody have experiences to share about a similar situation?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: littledreamers333, Diprs2, Freddie07601 and 2 others
Because my partner and I have discussed adopting after I finish grad school, its something Ive been thinking about too. I think 3 might be a bit too old. the easiest thing you can do is keep a pair if shorts nearby so if your child wakes up during the night, you can cover your diaper area. i dont think a 3 year old would think youre in a onesie and would just see it as your pajamas. A 4 month old wouldnt be cognizant of it though so i agree with your wife in that you can do it. Reaching around 2 id probably be more discrete about it for sure.

Reactions: LeifErikson, anton, Diprs2 and 4 others
puddlefeet said:
Please do not get the wrong idea about this post, I am being serious and want your thoughts. If your child was under 3 years old, would you wear your diapers and onesies around them? I mean... would that be so wrong if everything was covered up properly? Do you think it might subconsciously imprint an idea about something... Idk, just spitballing here. My partner and I have a 4 month old baby and she told me that I can wear my onesies and diapers to bed. but tben I'm thinking, "Well what if she wakes up and needs a bottle? Should I just pick her up while wearing everything?" Overall I think it's awesome and will do it, but does anybody have experiences to share about a similar situation?

This really is a complex issue for which it is near-impossible to give a totally balanced definitive answer.

My initial thought was - NO! it's not appropriate to let your children see you in diapers full stop. But then.....
but then...

..... but then I thought what if a parent of a child of any age needed to use any sort of aids or equipment because of a medical condition, or a disability of some kind - anything like crutches or a wheel chair, - an oxygen cylinder, or an asthma inhaler, - taking regular medication, - having physiotherapy in the home, ..... then it would be hard if not impossible to completely hide these things from a child, even if the parent(s) wanted to do so .. . and another question that must also be asked is: would it be 'right' to hide these things from a child? Disabilities and medical conditions can be explained to children (in an age-appropriate way of course), and it could be argued that children should not be totally shielded from these realities of life, as they will almost certainly have to encounter them at some stage in their lives

So, the question regarding diapers might be - are they being worn for a medical reason (incontinence), or physical injury of some kind - and if so, is it right or proper to hide this medical condition from children?

But then if they are worn for comfort, pleasure, sexual gratification ... or whatever non-medical reason ... then should they be kept secret from children?

I'm not sure how much we can really hide from children anyway! Even very young children can be hyper-aware of what is going on around them.

---
Below is a personal perspective on the general principle of 'hiding things from children', from my own experience:

As a child, my parents did a lot of talking 'behind closed doors' in (what I now see as) a misguided attempt to prevent my sister and I hearing anything that they thought might distress or upset us. When I was 7 years old, my grandfather, who had been living with us, was suddenly whisked away to hospital in an ambulance. No explanation was given to me, and I never saw him again. (I was not allowed to visit him in hospital with my parents, or to go to his funeral) I subsequently learned that he had died, but it was not for a long time that I learned he had died of cancer.

That left me wondering for many years why I had not been told that he was dying of cancer until years after he had passed away. In retrospect, I believe I should have been told and given the opportunity to understand that he was an old man (of 70) who was ill and dying, and I should have been allowed to properly grieve his loss.

Many years later, as an adult, I was told by my parents that "You were only a child then. It' was best if you didn't know!"
My view about this has always been: Best for whom?

---

Puddlefeet: My apologies for this long response to your post!

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: Malk, Unorthodoxengineer, Diprs2 and 6 others
No.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: Woncrinklz, puddlefeet, TexHagrid and 3 others
Puddlefeet, I personally wouldn't be comfortable with a three-year-old seeing me in a onesie. I likely wouldn't have a problem if the child were still two years old or even younger, but I well remember things when I was three and I fear I'd imprint something on the child that would invite questions or scrutiny at some point.

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: skunk053, Diprs2, Cottontail and 3 others
I’ve worn diapers from the beginning. We have two teen sons that have known about me needing diapers from a very young age. When they were old enough to recognize the diapers or feel them while on my lap, etc, they have both asked the questions, for which we provided truthful answers. They have never seen my diaper on me except under daytime clothes and my nightshirt. Long ago, we recognized that It’s impossible to hide my diapers from them, especially my thick overnight diapers and felt that explaining the situation in words that they could understand was best.

• Love
  • Hug
Reactions: Fetishbuddy, Dinotopian2002, LeifErikson and 15 others
I think one thing you need to keep in mind is little kids don't have a filter on their mouths. Seriously. Ask any daycare worker and they will almost certainly know all your family's little secrets. So while you may be OK with your kid seeing you and your wearing as a normal thing, be aware that things will get talked about outside of the home. The more you try to stop that the more likely the kid is to talk about it, because you will have made it a bigger deal.

Having said that, many parents are perfectly OK with wandering around their homes naked when their kids are young so....

I think it's all about how you approach it really. And the reasons you give the child for the why you do it - because at some point they will ask you about that. But if we want to break down the shame and help develop our kids to be more tolerant people then I personally don't believe it is something that should be completely hidden from your child.

• Love
Reactions: camdendl, ianwee, Floodingpants and 3 others
ianwee said:
This really is a complex issue for which it is near-impossible to give a totally balanced definitive answer.

My initial thought was - NO! it's not appropriate to let your children see you in diapers full stop. But then.....
but then...

..... but then I thought what if a parent of a child of any age needed to use any sort of aids or equipment because of a medical condition, or a disability of some kind - anything like crutches or a wheel chair, - an oxygen cylinder, or an asthma inhaler, - taking regular medication, - having physiotherapy in the home, ..... then it would be hard if not impossible to completely hide these things from a child, even if the parent(s) wanted to do so .. . and another question that must also be asked is: would it be 'right' to hide these things from a child? Disabilities and medical conditions can be explained to children (in an age-appropriate way of course), and it could be argued that children should not be totally shielded from these realities of life, as they will almost certainly have to encounter them at some stage in their lives

So, the question regarding diapers might be - are they being worn for a medical reason (incontinence), or physical injury of some kind - and if so, is it right or proper to hide this medical condition from children?

But then if they are worn for comfort, pleasure, sexual gratification ... or whatever non-medical reason ... then should they be kept secret from children?

I'm not sure how much we can really hide from children anyway! Even very young children can be hyper-aware of what is going on around them.

---
Below is a personal perspective on the general principle of 'hiding things from children', from my own experience:

As a child, my parents did a lot of talking 'behind closed doors' in (what I now see as) a misguided attempt to prevent my sister and I hearing anything that they thought might distress or upset us. When I was 7 years old, my grandfather, who had been living with us, was suddenly whisked away to hospital in an ambulance. No explanation was given to me, and I never saw him again. (I was not allowed to visit him in hospital with my parents, or to go to his funeral) I subsequently learned that he had died, but it was not for a long time that I learned he had died of cancer.

That left me wondering for many years why I had not been told that he was dying of cancer until years after he had passed away. In retrospect, I believe I should have been told and given the opportunity to understand that he was an old man (of 70) who was ill and dying, and I should have been allowed to properly grieve his loss.

Many years later, as an adult, I was told by my parents that "You were only a child then. It' was best if you didn't know!"

---

I think that also depends on what your issues exactly are. I mean, I have Classic Autism and have ADHD. I am truly actually emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old. Am I supposed to pretend to be something I am not? Granted, I don't wear diapers and I haven't done so since I was 4 1/2 or 5 years old (ironically I was potty trained at age 3 to 3 1/2. I didn't even talk till I was 3 1/2, or even closer to 4, according to my mom's notes). The only reason why I wore a diaper (Pampers) from age 3 1/2 to 5 years old is because my parents, notably my dad more so, has OCD, and he didn't want me using public restrooms. That was the only reason I was wearing diapers till age 5. But, for example, I like childish and childlike things and toys as a direct result of my Autism, Autism be damned as a disorder. I am not going to pretend to be an adult when I am not even capable of doing so in an emotional / social aspect (or sometimes even in a mental aspect). That's unreasonable and like expecting an actual nonautistic normal 4 year old to act like an adult. I have also worn these outfits that are somewhat like overalls, that look more like jumpers, which are called "long-alls" in the Deep South, along with children's T strap shoes. I've worn that in public at one of my local county parks during COVID 19 quarantine isolation time every week, and since the county park was about the only thing that was open during that time, plenty of people went to the county park. I absolutely no qualms or any regrets of wearing a longall or T strap shoes to my county park during that maddening insanely crazy COVID 19 quarantine time period. Plenty of young children saw me wearing my outfit and personally I don't think their parents or the children gave a rat's ass (sorry for my childish French cussing) about what I was wearing at all, not with the developmental disability I have. It's not like it was totally inappropriate or wrong, and it's not like any parents put their hands over their child's eyes. I have never gotten anything except positive comments, if anything was said at all. Even wearing regular clothes, most people can clearly see I have Autism a mile away figuratively just by how I walk in itself. Some higher functioning Autistic people mask their Autism (which isn't easy and can cause mental health issues and even suicide attempts, and I don't recommend that at all if you are Autistic), BUT I can't even mask my Autism even if I wanted to. I'm totally unable to do that. It's pretty obvious to pretty much anyone (adult or even a child) that I'm really quite developmentally disabled after a few minutes with me. Anyone even from ADISC would realize this after talking to me for even 5 minutes, if you didn't know me and just happened to pass me by. I'm not going to apologize for wearing a longall, or for acting like a 4 year old, or apologize for my having Autism. I feel sometimes people think Autism is a criminal act or something. I didn't choose to have Autism, it's not like when you choose to commit a crime or something. I didn't choose having Autism any more than anyone who had Down Syndrome "chose" to have Down Syndrome or anyone who had terminal cancer "chose" to have terminal cancer. I'm not going to seek forgiveness from society for something that wasn't my fault to begin with!!

Also, yes, I've even worn a longall in front of my nephews who are 7 and 11 years old now. So?? My nephews know I have developmental issues and so does my nonautistic brother and sister in law obviously.

My mom tries to limit me to wearing a longall to my county park, and to Halloween if I wear it to my community college. She doesn't let me wear my longall at my community college. It's also weird / interesting and rather annoying how she says that she "understands and agrees that I act like a 4 year old, but that doesn't mean I have to dress like a 4 year old". More notably, wearing a longall is more like what a little boy from Alabama or South Carolina might wear to church or preschool. You don't really see that on the West Coast nearly at all. Even Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls are rather unusual here. Most children here wear very boring and ordinary clothes, very casual stuff. My mom might not be so against even me wearing children's clothing as most kids here wear mini-me casual clothing. Maybe it's more like because I am trying to wear clothes that seem to scream that I am a child or preschooler from the 1980s or even the 1970s.....you saw more children wearing that sort of stuff when I was a young child chronologically / physically, in the early to mid 1980s. Children dressed differently then and were actually dressed better.

If I was a parent and had a son, I'd have absolutely no qualms of them seeing their dad wear a longall, or jon jon. We could even do a "Like father, like son" outfit where both of us could wear long-alls or overalls. Very cute actually. There have been actually a few children's clothing companies in the South who more recently have made adult jon jons, since COVID 19 happened. These usually began as a Christmas joke or a April Fool's Day joke, but it turned not to be a joke, and those things sold out quite fast. 🤷😁😱

Ironically 25 years ago in university, I was bullied for being Autistic and called absurd names. I didn't know what a longall was then, but when I started wearing Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls like a little boy, the bullying actually suddenly stopped and everyone was nicer to me. Very odd. Maybe they thought I had lost my mind from the bullying or maybe they thought the next thing that was going to happen was that I was going to explode. My mom thinks that maybe they were worried I was going to explode. I'm a sweet and kind little boy, and it takes quite a lot to really anger me, but even if you push a baby lamb too far, eventually even a baby lamb or a piglet will snap. I hate bullies. There is no excuse for being a bully, especially if you are bullying someone has Autism.

For some reason, my dad thinks the oldies songs I like are childish silly songs even when they aren't.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ianwee, Diprs2, artemisenterri and 1 other person
Not being IC, I would not visibly wear diapers around my kids. At a young enough age, it probably would have no effect, but there's also really no need to--it's easy to throw some shorts on over a diaper/onesie.

It's also worth bearing in mind that just because the child is not old enough to comment on it, repeat it at daycare/wherever, or even form lasting memories, does not mean that it has no effect on the child. Presumably a lot of our own attitudes towards diapers have been shaped by experiences that happened so early we cannot remember them.

Just a completely unnecessary thing to do.

• Love
Reactions: puddlefeet, TexHagrid, LeifErikson and 7 others
The car crash that resulted in my become 24/7, U-IC occurred shortly after my son's first Birthday. It was clear from early on that I would be in diapers forever and to hide them from my son and then daughter was useless as the size of cloth diapers and plastic pants back in the Stone Age was something that was not going to be hidden as the clothesline was filled with diapers everyday.

With full disclosure: I am an Old, Male, Vanilla and I have worn diapers, plastic pants and a T-shirt during the heat of the Summer. My kids were clearly aware that I wore diapers and so did my grandkids. NO, I have not paraded around in my diapers. But have not hidden them either.,i.e. clothesline filled with diapers everyday.

Our biggest concern was with potty training, but that was never an issue.

If my story was different, I would not recommend it.

Last edited:
Reactions: puddlefeet, LeifErikson, Floodingpants and 6 others
mammalun said:
Having said that, many parents are perfectly OK with wandering around their homes naked when their kids are young so....

Or worse yet, perfectly okay with their children running out of their house onto the street totally naked..... yikes!! 🤷🤦 🤦😱😱

- longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, artemisenterri and puddlefeet
ianwee said:

but then...

---

---

Your post evoked memories of my childhood, when serious illness and death weren't considered things children (below their teens) needed to know about. My favorite uncle's cancer was glossed over with "uncle Joe isn't feeling well. When he reached the terminal phase of illness, we kids were no longer allowed to see him. My mother said later that he didn't want the kids,whom he loved, to see him in a physically wasted condition. We weren't permitted to attend uncle Joe's funeral. I remember how awkward it felt when my mom told us he had died

My overactive imagination created a vision of my uncle, of death, and of the funeral that probably were more gruesome than the reality of the situation. I remember nightmares.

I believe kids need to be introduced to the facts of disabilities and illness in a way that is appropriate to their understanding and emotional state. Every kid is different. For some, continuing to visit seriously I'll and dying family members is actually healing. It helps them understand the life cycle, to look at life as more precious.

Kids can also become accepting of wheel chairs, other assistive devices, and even diapers, to see them as things some people need to live comfortably. Again, every kid is different.

Children, and adults also, I think, almost certainly should not be exposed to parents' recreational diaper wearing, just as they should not be exposed to any part of their parents' sex lives. Those things should always be private.

I never had kids, but I WAS a kid, as we all were. I'm speaking from that experience.

• Hug
Reactions: puddlefeet, Lilschoolfox, Floodingpants and 7 others
diaperbutt09 said:
Because my partner and I have discussed adopting after I finish grad school, its something Ive been thinking about too. I think 3 might be a bit too old. the easiest thing you can do is keep a pair if shorts nearby so if your child wakes up during the night, you can cover your diaper area. i dont think a 3 year old would think youre in a onesie and would just see it as your pajamas. A 4 month old wouldnt be cognizant of it though so i agree with your wife in that you can do it. Reaching around 2 id probably be more discrete about it for sure.
Yeah, 2 probably sounds about the limit.

Reactions: Diprs2
ianwee said:

but then...

---

---

No apologies needed! My biggest concern would be if my baby has an excellent memory and told somebody, "I remember when I was 1 year old and it seemed like my dad was dressed like a baby! Onesie and diapers!"

But then, children can be scavengers too! So they'd probably find it somehow anyway. Scary thoughts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and longallsboy
Ellyn said:
I’ve worn diapers from the beginning. We have two teen sons that have known about me needing diapers from a very young age. When they were old enough to recognize the diapers or feel them while on my lap, etc, they have both asked the questions, for which we provided truthful answers. They have never seen my diaper on me except under daytime clothes and my nightshirt. Long ago, we recognized that It’s impossible to hide my diapers from them, especially my thick overnight diapers and felt that explaining the situation in words that they could understand was best.
Are your diapers mainly for medical rations or abdl, too? Mine is strictly abdl reasons.

Reactions: Diprs2
Freddie07601 said:
Your post evoked memories of my childhood, when serious illness and death weren't considered things children (below their teens) needed to know about. My favorite uncle's cancer was glossed over with "uncle Joe isn't feeling well. When he reached the terminal phase of illness, we kids were no longer allowed to see him. My mother said later that he didn't want the kids,whom he loved, to see him in a physically wasted condition. We weren't permitted to attend uncle Joe's funeral. I remember how awkward it felt when my mom told us he had died

My overactive imagination created a vision of my uncle, of death, and of the funeral that probably were more gruesome than the reality of the situation. I remember nightmares.

I believe kids need to be introduced to the facts of disabilities and illness in a way that is appropriate to their understanding and emotional state. Every kid is different. For some, continuing to visit seriously I'll and dying family members is actually healing. It helps them understand the life cycle, to look at life as more precious.

Kids can also become accepting of wheel chairs, other assistive devices, and even diapers, to see them as things some people need to live comfortably. Again, every kid is different.

Children, and adults also, I think, almost certainly should not be exposed to parents' recreational diaper wearing, just as they should not be exposed to any part of their parents' sex lives. Those things should always be private.

I never had kids, but I WAS a kid, as we all were. I'm speaking from that experience.
I agree completely.
My husband and I explained the issues surrounding my need for diapers many times and as their ability to understand would allow. Questions were always encouraged and though we never treated the subject as a private family ‘secret’, our openness seemed to satisfy their curiosity and, as far as I know, was not discusser with their friends.
Our children were never exposed to -any- situation not socially and morally appropriate.

Reactions: BBBen, Floodingpants, Diprs2 and 7 others
Agreed
mammalun said:
I think one thing you need to keep in mind is little kids don't have a filter on their mouths. Seriously. Ask any daycare worker and they will almost certainly know all your family's little secrets. So while you may be OK with your kid seeing you and your wearing as a normal thing, be aware that things will get talked about outside of the home. The more you try to stop that the more likely the kid is to talk about it, because you will have made it a bigger deal.

I think it's all about how you approach it really. And the reasons you give the child for the why you do it - because at some point they will ask you about that. But if we want to break down the shame and help develop our kids to be more tolerant people then I personally don't believe it is something that should be completely hidden from your child.

Agreed! As long people are decent about whatever and also depending on the culture around them, I'd say something like this is ok. It's not like my partner is breastfeeding me or anything like that in front of our child lol

Reactions: Diprs2 and ianwee
longallsboy said:
I think that also depends on what your issues exactly are. I mean, I have Classic Autism and have ADHD. I am truly actually emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old. Am I supposed to pretend to be something I am not? Granted, I don't wear diapers and I haven't done so since I was 4 1/2 or 5 years old (ironically I was potty trained at age 3 to 3 1/2. I didn't even talk till I was 3 1/2, or even closer to 4, according to my mom's notes). The only reason why I wore a diaper (Pampers) from age 3 1/2 to 5 years old is because my parents, notably my dad more so, has OCD, and he didn't want me using public restrooms. That was the only reason I was wearing diapers till age 5. But, for example, I like childish and childlike things and toys as a direct result of my Autism, Autism be damned as a disorder. I am not going to pretend to be an adult when I am not even capable of doing so in an emotional / social aspect (or sometimes even in a mental aspect). That's unreasonable and like expecting an actual nonautistic normal 4 year old to act like an adult. I have also worn these outfits that are somewhat like overalls, that look more like jumpers, which are called "long-alls" in the Deep South, along with children's T strap shoes. I've worn that in public at one of my local county parks during COVID 19 quarantine isolation time every week, and since the county park was about the only thing that was open during that time, plenty of people went to the county park. I absolutely no qualms or any regrets of wearing a longall or T strap shoes to my county park during that maddening insanely crazy COVID 19 quarantine time period. Plenty of young children saw me wearing my outfit and personally I don't think their parents or the children gave a rat's ass (sorry for my childish French cussing) about what I was wearing at all, not with the developmental disability I have. It's not like it was totally inappropriate or wrong, and it's not like any parents put their hands over their child's eyes. I have never gotten anything except positive comments, if anything was said at all. Even wearing regular clothes, most people can clearly see I have Autism a mile away figuratively just by how I walk in itself. Some higher functioning Autistic people mask their Autism (which isn't easy and can cause mental health issues and even suicide attempts, and I don't recommend that at all if you are Autistic), BUT I can't even mask my Autism even if I wanted to. I'm totally unable to do that. It's pretty obvious to pretty much anyone (adult or even a child) that I'm really quite developmentally disabled after a few minutes with me. Anyone even from ADISC would realize this after talking to me for even 5 minutes, if you didn't know me and just happened to pass me by. I'm not going to apologize for wearing a longall, or for acting like a 4 year old, or apologize for my having Autism. I feel sometimes people think Autism is a criminal act or something. I didn't choose to have Autism, it's not like when you choose to commit a crime or something. I didn't choose having Autism any more than anyone who had Down Syndrome "chose" to have Down Syndrome or anyone who had terminal cancer "chose" to have terminal cancer. I'm not going to seek forgiveness from society for something that wasn't my fault to begin with!!

Also, yes, I've even worn a longall in front of my nephews who are 7 and 11 years old now. So?? My nephews know I have developmental issues and so does my nonautistic brother and sister in law obviously.

My mom tries to limit me to wearing a longall to my county park, and to Halloween if I wear it to my community college. She doesn't let me wear my longall at my community college. It's also weird / interesting and rather annoying how she says that she "understands and agrees that I act like a 4 year old, but that doesn't mean I have to dress like a 4 year old". More notably, wearing a longall is more like what a little boy from Alabama or South Carolina might wear to church or preschool. You don't really see that on the West Coast nearly at all. Even Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls are rather unusual here. Most children here wear very boring and ordinary clothes, very casual stuff. My mom might not be so against even me wearing children's clothing as most kids here wear mini-me casual clothing. Maybe it's more like because I am trying to wear clothes that seem to scream that I am a child or preschooler from the 1980s or even the 1970s.....you saw more children wearing that sort of stuff when I was a young child chronologically / physically, in the early to mid 1980s. Children dressed differently then and were actually dressed better.

If I was a parent and had a son, I'd have absolutely no qualms of them seeing their dad wear a longall, or jon jon. We could even do a "Like father, like son" outfit where both of us could wear long-alls or overalls. Very cute actually. There have been actually a few children's clothing companies in the South who more recently have made adult jon jons, since COVID 19 happened. These usually began as a Christmas joke or a April Fool's Day joke, but it turned not to be a joke, and those things sold out quite fast. 🤷😁😱

Ironically 25 years ago in university, I was bullied for being Autistic and called absurd names. I didn't know what a longall was then, but when I started wearing Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls like a little boy, the bullying actually suddenly stopped and everyone was nicer to me. Very odd. Maybe they thought I had lost my mind from the bullying or maybe they thought the next thing that was going to happen was that I was going to explode. My mom thinks that maybe they were worried I was going to explode. I'm a sweet and kind little boy, and it takes quite a lot to really anger me, but even if you push a baby lamb too far, eventually even a baby lamb or a piglet will snap. I hate bullies. There is no excuse for being a bully, especially if you are bullying someone has Autism.

For some reason, my dad thinks the oldies songs I like are childish silly songs even when they aren't.

- longallsboy
Not to be off topic, but then it's kind of like... what's the difference between a toys collector or somebody who just wants to own toys?! That sucks about the longall being banned ny your mother lol I want shortalls!

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2 and longallsboy
only you can truly answer your questions. what is in your heart and your reasons behind all this. i don't think there is anything shameful or embarrassing about having an ab/little side and letting that side of you shine. for me there has to be boundaries in any family situation. i have a very strong little side to me and that encouraged by my wife (very blessed). I am also IC and need diapers. our daughter grew up knowing her dad wears diapers. it was never kept a secret and for us it is the norm. when she was very young i did hang out in just a diaper and T or onesies. i did all the parenting things with her that parents do. does she remember her dad walking around in just a diaper when she was a little kid no. when she was older i wore shorts and sweats like any parent i don't think too many parents walk around in just their underwear when their kids are of a certain age and teens. time pasts and she is grown out on her own and i am back with just a diaper and shirt or onesies around the house and various other times. as an adult my daughter has seen me in just a diaper in the hospital and swim diaper on holiday. my daughter also knows her dad has a very kid like/child like personality to him but she does not place that in terms of ABDL. to her i live my life to be happy and don't give an F what others think. i have an amazing relationship with my daughter we are close and share much with one another. i am her sounding board in life. all of this is about finding balance throughout the various stages of life. one does not have to put his or her AB side on hold due to raising children just adapt it in.
I don't believe you wearing a diaper and a onesies around your child and taking care of your child when she is 4 months old is going to cause any damage. she won't remember it. if you act ashamed and embarrassed or that what you are doing is wrong than that is how it will be perceived by your child and those around you. love and support are what a child truly remembers. best of luck raising kids is a rewarding part of life and much learning is had by all involved

• Love
Reactions: ianwee, Floodingpants, puddlefeet and 5 others
Nope. I'm not into the idea of engaging in ABDL around one's kids, and what better time to develop and practice restraint than when they're too little to spot your mistakes?

• Love
Reactions: puddlefeet, ianwee, Diprs2 and 6 others
Back