Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 4 guest views remaining

Huggies Size 8

SparkyDog said:
yea but you will find the diapers are basically the same size as & fit the same weight people as previous biggest size
it's been this way for some time now
it's just a numbers game
Pampers has been the leader in shrinkflation and making crazy claims like “up to 100% no leaks”. Then Huggies went with it. Now they’re going to size 8. They might be going the shrinkflation route too.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: deepdriftAD, PadPhilosopher, Lostdiapersboy and 1 other person
patrick1776 said:
Just found out that my pre-order isn't going to arrive until next week. They have been saying 5/3 since I placed the order, just checked the status and it says next Tuesday. Anyone else getting their delivery date bumped? Or maybe I should say is anyone not getting bumped?
Same.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
PatrickABDL said:
What brand are they?
The toddler I outlined was wearing an early 2000's Huggies.

What I'm wearing is a modified BetterDry.

There's a link in my post to a thread I made where I created progressively better performing diapers by doing the opposite of what some harp an adult diaper needing like edge to edge padding and more than one tape per side. But I'll go ahead and link it again.

I'm not holdng my breath on these new Huggies but there is promise. Especially in what other manufacturers have done. Several have gone longer but not wider and they fell off the shelves. I believe this happened because there are better performing youth products out there.

Pampers only slightly adjusted the length and just used wider stretch panels. Still on shelves but not selling like it should from what I have seen. I haven't seen much though so anyone with any more/better information please chime in.

My favorite, Rascal+Friends, went proportionately wider and longer with their 7 but not by much. People are buying them though and it appears to be a lot too. They seem to be outperforming the competition by a pretty good margin as well. I'm starting to think this is because of the lack of stretchy sides. Stretchy sided diapers just don't seem to be able to keep a good fit even on babies. This could be why Pampers seems to be going to stiffer sides.

If Huggies takes all this in to account they really could turn the market on it's head and come out with a useful size 8 that actually works. But they are the ones that pioneered the current shrinkflated diapers we have on the market today so it most likely will end up being a size 6 from the early 2000's seeing as how the size 7 now is a bit smaller than that if memory serves me right.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I know that this is not going to happen at least yet and it wont be a size 8. It would be AMAZING if there was a baby styled (as in shape and cut) diaper that was the same size as goodnites xl. For me if they took the goodnites xl absorbent middle and put diaper style tapes it would be my go to.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: babybobby, FudgedInLuvs, Nobu and 2 others
Joediaper said:

There's a link in my post to a thread I made where I created progressively better performing diapers by doing the opposite of what some harp an adult diaper needing like edge to edge padding and more than one tape per side. But I'll go ahead and link it again.

I'm not holdng my breath on these new Huggies but there is promise. Especially in what other manufacturers have done. Several have gone longer but not wider and they fell off the shelves. I believe this happened because there are better performing youth products out there.

Pampers only slightly adjusted the length and just used wider stretch panels. Still on shelves but not selling like it should from what I have seen. I haven't seen much though so anyone with any more/better information please chime in.

My favorite, Rascal+Friends, went proportionately wider and longer with their 7 but not by much. People are buying them though and it appears to be a lot too. They seem to be outperforming the competition by a pretty good margin as well. I'm starting to think this is because of the lack of stretchy sides. Stretchy sided diapers just don't seem to be able to keep a good fit even on babies. This could be why Pampers seems to be going to stiffer sides.

If Huggies takes all this in to account they really could turn the market on it's head and come out with a useful size 8 that actually works. But they are the ones that pioneered the current shrinkflated diapers we have on the market today so it most likely will end up being a size 6 from the early 2000's seeing as how the size 7 now is a bit smaller than that if memory serves me right.
Has Rascal+Friends recently expanded their size 7? I recall giving them a go initially, and they were identical in size to a 6. Huggies did update the size 7 diapers in the past year to improve their fit, making them wider. While the size 8 might be similar to the early 2000s versions, the current size 7 already offers a wider fit comparable to those. If Huggies were to make the size 8 taller like their 2011-2012 versions of their size 6's and even wider than the old size 6 diapers from the 2000s, that would be a game changer.

Last edited:
patrick1776 said:
Just found out that my pre-order isn't going to arrive until next week. They have been saying 5/3 since I placed the order, just checked the status and it says next Tuesday. Anyone else getting their delivery date bumped? Or maybe I should say is anyone not getting bumped?
I just got my pre-order bumped up to this Saturday. Also I would like to mention originally I was supposed to get my order on the 12th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nobu and PadPhilosopher
patrick1776 said:
same

Please, we don't need random crotch shots.

• Thinking
Reactions: jcwilliams343, babybobby, Honeywell6180 and 2 others
Joediaper said:

Rascal and friends 7 was super soft and pretty large compared to Luvz 7 and Gentle Steps 7, my points of reference at the time. I had to extend the tapes since there wasn't enough stretch to go around my adult body, but they were very comfy and functional.

Reactions: deepdriftAD and Nobu
DelC said:
The "up to 100% leak free" or "up to zero leaks" thing has been a thing for a while. Both Kimberly-Clark (Huggies, Pull-Ups, GoodNites, Poise, Depend, and I think Kotex) and Procter and Gamble (Pampers, Luvs, Always) have both latched onto that phrasing (neither of them seem to have trademarked it, and whoever used it first, I think P&G, is probably regretting that) as a way to try and get way with claiming their products to be totally leak free. They're both using it for baby, toddler, youth, and adult products. It's a universal marketing phrase.

Gloss past the "up to" part fast enough, and surround it with enough distractions, and people might not realize the significThey hold a lot of pee

DelC said:
ance of the "up to" part, and how it completely negates any and all meaning of the statement. It's scummy marketing, but...it's probably working quite well. A universal statement like that, that lets you make outlandish claims, especially about a feature/function that people care so much about, while being legally protected, is something of a holy grail in marketing.

I12BLittle89 said:
Pampers has been the leader in shrinkflation and making crazy claims like “up to 100% no leaks”. Then Huggies went with it. Now they’re going to size 8. They might be going the shrinkflation route too.
they hold a lot

PaddedRebel said:
I’m waiting to see if stores physically stock them. Might grab a box then. I did snag a box of the new 5T-6T Night Time Pull Ups though.
Iordered 2 cases good thing other wise idd be out

PadPhilosopher said:
Please, we don't need random crotch shots.
ol

• Angry
Reactions: deepdriftAD and PadPhilosopher
I also find the swaddlers size 8 to be a 'perfect fit' on me.

• Thinking
deepdriftAD said:
I just got my pre-order bumped up to this Saturday. Also I would like to mention originally I was supposed to get my order on the 12th.
My order was originally supposed to arrive on June 14th, but now it's expected to come on Tuesday. However, there's a chance that it might arrive today or tomorrow instead.

Reactions: deepdriftAD, Lostdiapersboy and PadPhilosopher
I cancel mine since the product dont exist anymore it was snug and dry. And I just put in an order for Little movers

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and PadPhilosopher
babyjoe698 said:
I cancel mine since the product dont exist anymore it was snug and dry. And I just put in an order for Little movers
You should have held onto your order. The Little Movers I order were non-existent at some point, I proceed with my order. They dispatched my package on the day it was released, I will eventually receive my order.

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and PadPhilosopher
N0bu said:
You should have held onto your order. The Little Movers I order were non-existent at some point, I proceed with my order. They dispatched my package on the day it was released, I will eventually receive my order.
I had Snug and Dry and switch to little movers

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Nobu
Back