Huggies Size 8

N0bu said:
They look like ADBL diapers in a size small.
That's because they're the original the AB/DL diapers are copying.

Reactions: N0bu and southeastlittle
southeastlittle said:
It looks so big next to the newer one that it could easily fit a small adult. And being size 5 is ridiculous to think about vs our ""size 8"" we have now
Yeah, but you also have to think that the technology back then was not anywhere near as advanced as it is today. For one, they didn’t have the range of sizes we do today, as that size 5 was as big as they went. Pampers introducing size 6 was still a few years off. Second, they didn’t have the stretchy wings, leakguards and waistbands we’re accustomed to today, so a lot of that extra material is simply to protect against leaks. No question as a result larger kids could fit into them, but it’s another example of how things were different 30ish years ago,

Reactions: DLScottsman and PadPhilosopher
Littlebabybecca said:
Here are Huggies Little Movers 7 compared to Huggies Baby Steps size 5 from the late 1990's. And yes I can where them both... The Baby Steps are plastic backed and have no stretch other than the leg gathers and the front center. Also they are very thick and hold an incredible amount.

View attachment 134221

View attachment 134223

View attachment 134224

View attachment 134225

View attachment 134222

View attachment 134226
I remember being around 12 or 13 and seeing a pack of the size 5 Baby Steps for Him at a small local mom & pop near my house in the early 90’s. I struggled with desperately trying to figure out how to either steal it or buy it without acting like I was going to run home, tear open the pack, and put one of the diapers on and be happy the rest of the day.

• Haha
Reactions: Littlebabybecca, southeastlittle, jcwilliams343 and 2 others
DanElmontan said:
I remember being around 12 or 13 and seeing a pack of the size 5 Baby Steps for Him at a small local mom & pop near my house in the early 90’s. I struggled with desperately trying to figure out how to either steal it or buy it without acting like I was going to run home, tear open the pack, and put one of the diapers on and be happy the rest of the day.
So, what was your decision?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
a size 5 bigger than a 7? dang. I could probably fit in the big one.

Reactions: southeastlittle and PadPhilosopher
lot of the diapers from that era are bigger than today diapers

Reactions: LittleCollector96, N0bu, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
babyjoe698 said:
lot of the diapers from that era are bigger than today diapers
Everything was. Ice cream boxes were bigger. Everything has gotten smaller to hide inflation.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, LittleCollector96, bambinobaby and 1 other person
I bought a size 5 diaper from eBay from the 80's or early 90's and it was bigger than today size 7

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, espectro and SparkyDog
southeastlittle said:
Did you just happen across the baby steps on eBay? I would LOVE to have vintage diapers that size but I know they fetch a premium.
My wife bought them for me back in the day. I probably went through 6 or 7 packages. When they stopped making them I limited using them. I am now down to maybe a half of package.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: babybobby, PadPhilosopher and southeastlittle
In Brazil pamper just made an xxxg but still
Really tiny but is great for a booster

Reactions: DLScottsman and PadPhilosopher
Littlebabybecca said:
Here are Huggies Little Movers 7 compared to Huggies Baby Steps size 5 from the late 1990's. And yes I can where them both... The Baby Steps are plastic backed and have no stretch other than the leg gathers and the front center. Also they are very thick and hold an incredible amount.

View attachment 134221

View attachment 134223

View attachment 134224

View attachment 134225

View attachment 134222

View attachment 134226
Little baby Becca when you use the Huggies baby steps, do you use the character strip or fasten on the plastic.

sejones5lu said:
Little baby Becca when you use the Huggies baby steps, do you use the character strip or fasten on the plastic.
The "character strip" on these goes pretty far out the wings, so yes the tapes are on the character strip. But they are no where near being in the front of the diaper like expected.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and I12BLittle89
Littlebabybecca said:
The "character strip" on these goes pretty far out the wings, so yes the tapes are on the character strip. But they are no where near being in the front of the diaper like expected.
Now the pampers cruiser you used were not fastened on the character strip from what I can tell by looking at your pictures

sejones5lu said:
Now the pampers cruiser you used were not fastened on the character strip from what I can tell by looking at your pictures
Does it really matter how they fit? They are taped on so technically they fit. Might not be how you like them to fit but some people enjoy wearing baby diapers and can wear them functionally. IT is disappointing that todays diapers aren’t as big as they used to be.

Let’s try to get this back on topic of the size 8 Huggies which will be coming out soon

• Love
Reactions: Littlebabybecca, jcwilliams343, espectro and 4 others
I just looked this up on Amazon. If you look at the detailed information about these it shows they are size 8 but a little further down it says incontinence protection size 7. So how are they larger? Longer tabs is all and sell them in smaller quantities?

• Thinking
Reactions: southeastlittle and PadPhilosopher
Found the new Pampers

Attachments

• 20240426_221250.jpg
    20240426_221250.jpg
    936.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, hanzertas and SlashofNight
martin6479 said:
Found the new Pampers
Isn’t this thread about Huggies size 8?

babybobby said:
Isn’t this thread about Huggies size 8?
Which leaves the discussion open about direct competitors, including swaddlers size 8 which were recently introduced to the market.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and deepdriftAD
eu38foot said:
Which leaves the discussion open about direct competitors, including swaddlers size 8 which were recently introduced to the market.
I guess I just missed the thread with the size 6es

babybobby said:
I guess I just missed the thread with the size 6es
I can fit the swaddlers size 8, and am now curious to see how close in size the new Huggies size 8's will be.

Back