Straight out of the pot and into the cup nothing else
No additives
No fufu stuff
No cream
No sugar
Just plain coffee
I like my coffee to taste like coffee

Reactions: Fattrick and Seasonedcitizen
Oh hey! I got into coffee last year. Started with a french press, found a specialty roaster, tried out an espresso machine, and now I mainly use moka pots! I just got a kingrinder p1, and a bialetti brikka! It's been a lot of fun

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Well it have a pod machine kueg sorry think I have it close in spelling.
Clover valley French vanilla cappuccino is the best stuff.
Dollar general don't tell anyone. I don't want it all gone.

Reactions: Septembust
I'm kinda in between. I hate bad coffee, but I'll drink any kind of good coffee. I'm not that much of an enthusiast, but I love making lattes with breakfast. At home I have an espresso machine and I grind beans to make espresso, but at university I have a Nespresso machine. I have a variety of different capsules I use on it, and the type of coffee I make depends on the day I'm going to have. 8 am lecture? Double shot espresso capsule in the machine. Normal day? Single shot of Bianco Piccolo. Coffee to go? Cafe de Cuba. That one's a special one since it's not officially sold in the US.

Reactions: dogboy, Septembust and Seasonedcitizen
I'm a huge coffee fan / snob. I make pourovers every morning, super strong.

Reactions: dogboy
DRZWDerepaid said:
Been into coffee for a long (relative to my late-20s age) time. Just got my first good grinder delivered today (Baratza Encore ESP) and ordered some specialty beans. Right now I brew with an Aeropress mostly, but I have a 6 cup Chemex as well. I mainly drink light roasts, but used to be big on dark roasts until my taste fully developed around 19-20. Would like to get into espresso when a decent machine fits in the budget.

What your coffee journey like? Anyone do something special or kind of "different" or "unique"? Any good brew method recommendations or coffee recommendations? Anyone else with an Encore ESP that can recommend grind settings for Aeropress or Chemex?
Life isn't allowed to happen before I get my morning infusion of the magic bean/caffeine.

The entire cosmos is put on hold, until that happens.

:)

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy and nectar0001
I started drinking coffee when I was 14 or so on a father and son(s) canoe camping trip. I remember the dad's having what seemed like endless discussions about the meals and who was bringing what food before the trip... coffee was a big concern for all of them... hot chocolate for the kids apparently wasn't lol. It got colder then expected one night and in the morning we all wanted a hot drink to warm up... strong black coffee made on a campfire obviously with an appropriate amount of ground coffee in it was my first experience and I was hooked!

Reactions: dogboy and nectar0001
Back