Being allowed to wear diapers as a kid/teen?

xzigo

Diaper Lover from Lithuania
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi guys! So, who was actually allowed to openly wear diapers as a kid/teen? Share your stories

Reactions: Blekyss
I was never but would've loved to and with my children I'd be relaxed and allow it for things like long journeys (driving, flying), places where a bathroom is hard to get to or they're gonna be disgusting. Also around the house maybe. There'd be rules and whatnot as well.

Reactions: Ickledan89
Wore them to bed every night.

Reactions: Ickledan89, Freddie07601, ronnieM and 2 others
Don't know if it counts or not, but I wore to bed every night til I was 13 due to me wetting the bed everynight. My family all knew of it.

Reactions: Ickledan89, chuck and checkingoutall
I became incontinent as the result of an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old and wore a diaper 24/7 for the first three years of high school. I’m not sure that this is really what the OP had in mind when asking whether anyone was ‘allowed’ to wear as a child because I was more or less required to wear. In any case, I did in fact wear as a teenager.

Reactions: surprise35, Freddie07601, Ghg789987 and 3 others
I wore due to bedwetting until age 8ish. Family knew about it. Was not a big deal.

Reactions: checkingoutall and 12srepaid
Wore them at night until early teens as I peed my bed - terry nappies and plastic pants then

Reactions: checkingoutall
I know my parents wouldn't approve of me openly wearing when a kid / teen, but that didn't stop me, I always had diapers from age 10 to 15, I had them hidden in the crawlspace in the garage.

Reactions: thedlguy, Diaper4Life247, MetalDan86 and 1 other person
I wet the bed until I was a freshman in high school. I wore them every night and my entire immediate family knew as well as some close friends and my cousin who is my same age. I liked just how normal it was. Everyone expected me to wear them and no one mined if they saw them peaking up over the waistband of my PJ's. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that time. I did not realize how special it was until I was finally bedtime potty-trained. I also think that is why I like cloth-backed diapers. As a baby I used plastic-backed, but all of my pull-ups were cloth-backed and I think that cloth-backed diapers and other adult protective undergarments give me a sense of familiarity.

Reactions: dinodavid, Deleted member 63368, Fleetwoodmac32192 and 7 others
indiaperdl said:
I wore due to bedwetting until age 8ish. Family knew about it. Was not a big deal.
That's very cool that your family treated you with respect, instead of treating you like a baby. :)

I wet the bed until I was a freshman in high school. I wore them every night and my entire immediate family knew as well as some close friends and my cousin who is my same age. I liked just how normal it was. Everyone expected me to wear them and no one mined if they saw them peaking up over the waistband of my PJ's. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that time. I did not realize how special it was until I was finally bedtime potty-trained. I also think that is why I like cloth-backed diapers. As a baby I used plastic-backed, but all of my pull-ups were cloth-backed and I think that cloth-backed diapers and other adult protective undergarments give me a sense of familiarity.

Did you wear Goodnites, or adult styled pull-ups?

Mattew said:
Did you wear Goodnites, or adult styled pull-ups?
They were Goodnites, or an off-brand version. It depended on where we got them as my parents went for more affordable over quality. I've always been pretty scrawny so the XL of the Goodnites still fit me perfectly then. I can still get into them pretty easily, but they can only hold about one wetting before they start to leak.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
I've been a DL since when I was just out of diapers at age 3. Maybe because I was envious of my little sis who is 2.5y younger.
As I wasn't much embarrassed about the dl-subject at this age, I had Pampers on my wish list for birthdays and Xmas.
So lucky me I received those multiple times.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Ickledan89, Vintage84, MetalDan86 and 9 others
When I was a kid my dad got me into motocross. At 14 I was really quite good except I had no fear which led to a pretty bad accident on the track. I broke both wrists and had severe injury to my neck and back. When I was in the hospital i was put into one of those traction beds and I remember the catheter. It was quite embarrassing as people wound visit. I went home after two bad weeks with casted arms and a huge back brace with that neck attachment. I could not really move my upper body. Although this happened in the summer I was out for a for a month of school.

When I left the hospital the nurse put a diaper on me. I dont remember protesting at all as the catheter was out. My mom as a matter of convenience kept me in diapers the whole time i had the brace. Many days just the brace and a diaper with a huge shirt and pants. It sucked.

A few months later I was able to go to a smaller brace that was much better. I had become so used to just doing my stuff in the diaper is was unable to break out of it. I eventually did but was in diapers for my sophomore year. A few friends knew but thought is was because of the accident and did not make any fun of it.

Reactions: surprise35
I wore diapers that I purchased since age 12. Initially, my parents threw my diapers out (must have been thousands of them over several years - what a waste). By the time I was 16, they gave up fighting me and allowed me to wear. I didn't push it and really wear openly, but I was glad that they were no longer throwing out my diapers.

I wore diapers when I was 8-12 for bed wetting.

Spent the summer of 74 in diapers as punishment, t-shirt and diaper was all I was allowed to wear, by the end of summer I was so used to just using my diaper I had to wear to school in the fall until I re-potty trained.

I overslept and my mom walked in on me fast asleep wearing a very wet pull up and nothing else, at first she was really concerned, she sent me to go take a shower and get ready. I came back from my shower and my mom had laid out my school uniform along with a fresh pair of pull ups.
I was really embarrassed she said we would talk after school, later that day she sat me down and talked to me about it, she was okay with me wearing them since it was just the two of us at home most of the time, dad travels a lot for work.
She took me out shopping for diapers, pull ups, some pjs (little girl ones) a couple of toddler toys, sippy cups and bottles.
She told me if I was going to be a 2 year old she would treat me like one, but I still had to go to school, get good grades, be a good girl, in return she would pay and help me be the two year old I yearned to be. But that included being treated like a two year old she changed all my diapers and pull ups she feed me, bathe me, if I was bad or got a bad grade she would spank me (just with her hand on my bare butt, I was still getting spanked at this time, but she would put me over her knees) when I had dr appointments she would come in with me, she changed my chart to have my temperature taken on my bottom and vaccinations and/or medications be given on my bottom. (I still went to a pediatrician at the time I was about to be 13 and that’s when they have your parents wait outside if you like, rectals, suppositories, and shots on your bottom where still norm) I just recently turned 18, and yes I’m still in diapers. Only two other people know when I was 15 I walked into the kitchen with a messy diaper and no shirt not feeling good didn’t realize my aunt came over, and a few months after that with my grandma she walked in on me getting a spanking with my pull up around my ankles and wet. Come to find out she knew way before she saw my diapers sticking out of the back of my pants before didn’t want to embarrass me.

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo, Lewis Badger and pokemonjesuzzz111111
lonnie said:
Spent the summer of 74 in diapers as punishment, t-shirt and diaper was all I was allowed to wear, by the end of summer I was so used to just using my diaper I had to wear to school in the fall until I re-potty trained.

Wow, that sounds like quite an "oops, maybe we shouldn't have done that!" moment for your parents!

My aunt diapered me regurarly during my stays at her place during my childhood( every second or third week) . Put me in disposable pads which she inserted inside snap on plastic pants. PJ or long onesie over them
Always during illness or being tired after all day heavy activity.
She always massage my body with baby oil or cream. It was so relaxing!
She mentioned me about this with question did I remember about it last year.
She said that it was so nice to see me relaxed and that I was asleep in seconds after puting onesie on pj on me.
I think that sometimes she miss that times when me and my cousin( her son, little bit younger then me) were kids. I think that she miss a times when she was caring, watching and keeping us safe.
I did not said to her, but I sometimes miss those times as well. Stress free experience.

Reactions: Diapercutie, relax and Janvier
Back