Buying kids' clothes dilemma

I get this, its mainly just about having confidence and trusting that this is who you are and people can think what they want and honestly I’m still working on it too just today I was to shy to take off my hoodie at walmart (it was way to hot for it) revealing a daniel tiger shirt even though I love it and it makes me happy and isn’t hurting anyone (also for context I take designs off off actual toddler/my age clothing and slap them on adult size shirts like this) I just haven’t worked full up to it but soon when I’m ready I will just wear what I want

Attachments

• IMG_4782.jpeg
    IMG_4782.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
Some of my Kids clothes are my absolute favorite outfits. Have a lot of kids clothes.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I have one last dress to go...then stop. It'll be a MyBinkiesAndBows "Dick and Jane" dress, basic...with matching sash. It'll be named "Heather" because it's a close match to The Little Red Haired Girl's dress. You know her...Charlie Brown finally wins her attention...and affection. 🥰🥰🥰

Heather.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, Lilschoolfox and pdiapered
BobbiSueEllen said:
I have one last dress to go...then stop. It'll be a MyBinkiesAndBows "Dick and Jane" dress, basic...with matching sash. It'll be named "Heather" because it's a close match to The Little Red Haired Girl's dress. You know her...Charlie Brown finally wins her attention...and affection. 🥰🥰🥰

I would wear that! But does that make me a femboy Lol. I guess I'm only a femboy when I want to be.

• Thinking
Reactions: BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
pdiapered said:
I would wear that! But does that make me a femboy Lol. I guess I'm only a femboy when I want to be.
Well...in my instance, I'm nongender with some feminine qualities, so dresses are okay in my world. I dress largely nongender in the Muggle world...but in-private, dressing little-girly is A-Okay. Wearing a toddler dress is so amazing; they feel so good, so natural! 🥰🥰🥰🤗🥳

• Love
Reactions: Tinklepanties and Lilschoolfox
BobbiSueEllen said:
Well...in my instance, I'm nongender with some feminine qualities, so dresses are okay in my world. I dress largely nongender in the Muggle world...but in-private, dressing little-girly is A-Okay. Wearing a toddler dress is so amazing; they feel so good, so natural! 🥰🥰🥰🤗🥳
I like the feeling of adress or skirt with a diaper!

• Love
most of my clothes are kids clothes because i am only 162 cm, and i have never gotten any weird looks (although i might not notice bc i am autistic). adult men’s clothes are just too big for me anyway, so it just makes more sense for me even if i wasn’t little.

Reactions: BBBen, longallsboy and BobbiSueEllen
They make in adult sizes, Stranger Things t-shirts and Sweet tooth shirts. Though they're not little boy shirts, they are cute and you can wear them out. I have a couple of the Stranger Things shirts.

Reactions: BBBen and Tinklepanties
BobbiSueEllen said:
I’m a tomboy in hoodies/jeans in muggle world but my little side would LOVE to wear sparkly little sundresses with leggings :)

islajack said:
I am a married woman and I have a 2-year-old daughter, and still look like a 15-year-old girl, I am also wants to wear kids clothes to look more younger but I can't because I am a mother also, I buy my daughter clothes through My Sky Moment Discount Codes mostly, If you look younger so do what ever you want.

Heck, I remember my friend who was a mom who had a 15 month old daughter in February 2016 who came to my library's Preschooler Storytime. Me and my librarian friend ate out for lunch at a restaurant with her and the baby several times (the baby is now 9 years old). I remember one time eating and my friend commented how she thought her baby girl's cardigan button up sweater she was wearing was so cute and that she would wear it in a heartbeat if they made it in an adult size. And definitely she is no adult baby, and to be honest, neither am I, I just have Autism and act like a child through no fault of my own.

I think adult growed up clothes are boring and drab. I have a friend with Autism who isn't an adult baby either, who thinks that. He likes wearing Tigger overalls. Personally, I actually love "long-alls", those dressy overalls that look like jumpers that little boys wear in the Deep South like Alabama, with peter pan collar shirts, kneesocks, and sometimes saddle shoes - BUT, more often, T strap shoes on little boys! There is nothing more freaking adorable than a little boy wearing long-alls or jon jons with T strap Mary Jane shoes! They need to make more of the longall / jon jon style for adults!!

- longallsboy

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Tinklepanties, BBBen and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
"If we could only stay little until our Carter's wear out..." 🤣

Wait...we are little and we're not growing. Bonus. Party! 🥳🥳🥳🤭🥰

Only I don't wear Carter's...but I think Big Tots, MyBinkies&Bows and StrawberryPrincess all count! 🥳

Remember this??

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think seriously Carters' Childrenswear did NOT want their child customers to grow up. I guess because they would be losing their customers. That's what my real biological mom told me. I mean, what kind of company has a motto or slogan like "If they could just stay little till their Carters' wear out"?? I remember calling the William B. Carter Company in Georgia 20 years ago and talking to this one customer rep who was an older woman and she told me she wore Carters pajamas with feet still. She might have even been in her 50s. I'm sure she wasn't an adult baby. She told me she was 5 feet 3 inches tall though. I remember seeing even on Ebay Carters sleepers in the more remote past (10 years ago) some of the sleepers go to a size 14-16. I saw even a couple that were size 18!! You do realize that a lot of high school kids that are in 12th grade could fit in that size, right?? Somehow I'm picturing in my mind a 17 or 18 year old boy who is a quarterback on the high school football team (certainly no teen baby or adult baby) and roughly tackling an opposing high school's football player, and then going home and sleeping in a footed sleeper!! Haha 😂😂

To this VERY day, the toll free number for Carter's is 1-888-STAY-LITTLE. 😱😱🤷💜 I firmly believe that they really don't want children to grow up!! LOL.

I wish children's companies would make clothes bigger. I hate being tall. I can't even get some adorable T strap shoes to wear with a longall hardly. I mean there are quite a few people who are on ADISC who could fit into a size 38 European (6 men's, 8 ladies in the USA) T strap shoe made by some children's shoe company in Europe or Spain. Here I am, an Autistic adult who can't help myself from acting like a 4 year old and genuinely act like a preschooler 98% of the time, yet I can't get that to wear. I don't understand. I really really envy some people here.... I wear a size 42 (size 9 men's) shoe. Forget about long-alls or a children's diaper, I can't even get a T strap shoe barely. WTH.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
KarmaBaby3 said:
I’m a tomboy in hoodies/jeans in muggle world but my little side would LOVE to wear sparkly little sundresses with leggings :)

What shoe size do you wear?

- longallsboy

DiaperedIzzy said:
Every time I look online for clothes to buy, almost none of the adult sized clothes seem cute enough, so I look at the kids' clothes. I love the way they look and feel, and sometimes I actually enjoy looking at myself in the mirror. But every time I get some, I feel like a disgusting freak. It feels like an ultimate taboo, and part of me wants to throw it all away. If I don't get some, I get depressed over wanting them so bad. It feels like I just can't win. Is this normal? Should I just give this all up, and try to grow up?
I've gone more Renaissance in style but love cute things around the house. I figure why not be cute? If nothing else look to the cute styles from other countries and see if you can find similar here. They are popular there, why not here. Ignore the looks, if it makes you happy 😊 and it's not hurting anyone. It's like me taking my reborns out

dogboy said:
They make in adult sizes, Stranger Things t-shirts and Sweet tooth shirts. Though they're not little boy shirts, they are cute and you can wear them out. I have a couple of the Stranger Things shirts.
pretty much all the shirts I wear are star wars, spider man, stranger things, game of thrones, etc....

BobbiSueEllen said:

i have kickers and bra like that lol daddy has few cute bday dresses

TabaCrate said:
In my ABDL (secret) drawer, I have of course plenty of nice clothes but I wear them only when i'm with my ABDL friends.

Finally, being 60, it's even more difficult to wear kids clothes... It's stupid but it's a social pressure...
...ABDL friends, that must be nice, someone who directly shares your same passion.

...wear the kids shirts, anyone says anything, simply respond "my grandchild got this for me, we now match". No one will give it a second thought.

Reactions: dogboy and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
(A) They'll get more, that's what stores do;
(2) Kids rapidly wear out kids' clothes and/or outgrow them, whereas petite adults don't, so;
(d) If they fit and you like 'em...buy an' wear 'em! 🥰🤗🎀🍼🧸
Agreed! I’m a huge fan of used girls clothing on eBay, Kids outgrow clothes, or their tastes change, or a million other things that result in a large market of used clothes. I’ve found so many of my latest purchases there and, if it turns out they don’t fit, or I don’t like it, I donate them to the local clothing bank.

weemouse said:
most of my clothes are kids clothes because i am only 162 cm, and i have never gotten any weird looks (although i might not notice bc i am autistic). adult men’s clothes are just too big for me anyway, so it just makes more sense for me even if i wasn’t little.
I am taller, 5' 8".

I relate very much so. I can wear children's clothing, but haven't tried. I don't really like the cut a lot of the time (i have a chest and hips- not ideal obviously) it fits odd around me. Though i do love looking through the girls section and imagining me wearing the clothes, but it fitting nicely. I also would be very tempted to throw the clothes out out of embarasment as well.

I love rhumba panties and they are so cute when I see them online. I ve gotten a bunch of pairs but I dont really like how I look wearing them. All I see is a middle aged man in girly panties and it really isnt attractive . Ive come to realize though that I dont wear and show them off to others in reality anyway. So I just wear them occasionally by myself and enjoy it for what its worth. Ive had bouts too where Im like...." I look silly wearing these" and should get rid of them. I didnt end up getting rid of them and worry less about how it looks and more of how it feels wearing them.

• Thinking
Back