• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Zero Rep Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
When you give rep, whether + or -, you have the option to give zero: I just tried it out. While it seems like a good idea to be able to say I approve/disapprove of a post but that it is not worth a full point, there is a possible bad use of it: to spam zero rep around so you can keep repping one particular person. Thus it could be used as a utility to facilitate flame wars. I don't see that it has much other purpose.

Last edited:

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I review all the rep regularly. If someone did that, I would notice. Once noticed, I would correct it, probably by deleting all the rep they had given, and either talking to them about it or just blocking them from using the rep system in future.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Well-said. It is not a problem; thought it worth pointing out as a hypothetical. Zero rep has the additional use of allowing an unfair rep point to be deleted with the comment left intact. Raccoons fret over such persnickety details. We are semi-hibernatory and sometimes have too much spare time on our hands.

Last edited:

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
If you have neg rep ypu can't give out rep? i noticed when i tried to give a point out it showed up as neutral is this intentional?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
It was (intentional) on the old forums so I think it is the same now.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Does that mean you can't give out any rep at all if you have received a neg rep? Or is it only if your rep is below 0?

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Just if it is below zero. Lots of people with decent repcounts have had negrep.

Status
Not open for further replies.