Zelda movie: The Hero of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone else heard about this? Some people made an unofficial and independent movie based on the Legend of Zelda. I've taken film classes before so I have an idea of what it takes just to complete a simple project, what they did (with essentially no budget) has to be amazing.
I know there was an fake trailer by IGN but trust me, this one is for real, they had their premier this past 6th of June in Atlanta. The filmmakers hope to screen it at other cities and you can sign up for to vote for your city.
I mention this because I feel they deserve a lot of positive attention so I'm just trying to spread the news. After all, most mainstream movies seem to suck these days. This is one of the few films I actually want to see this summer, hopefully sometime soon.

They have a number of videos on their youtube, including a trailer and footage from the premier.
h++p://www.youtube.com/user/TheHeroofTimeMovie

guyinthebox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
nope, though if its anything like the cartoon >.> but it would be a hard movie to make seeing how the main character cant talk lol. i'd still watch it though.

on a side note: "Well! Excuuuuuse me, Princess!"

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've got to agree with Mako here. I wonder how long it will take to show on SciFi? The sound track sounds like something generated straight out of a mid-grade keyboard. The acting looks terrible. Oh well....it was a good idea, but I think the idea needs Hollywood.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
I don't care what anybody else says, this is the most amazing thing ever!!! The traily threw my chin to the floor. I've never cared about graphics, so I'm glad it's not a main stream movie, but their following the Ocarina of Time story line!!! That is my favorite game, ever, hands down, no more questions. I have to watch this movie. Where do you think I'll be able to watch it? Will it come out in theaters, or will I be able to find it on the internet? If it'll be in the internet someone has to tell me where it will be. I'm so excited. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
I like it... ^_^

I wanna see this movie.... :blushie:

I LIKE IT MORE!!! Honestly I'm freaking out. I played Ocarina of time for 5 years streight, almost every day. I beat it every 3-4 days. I've memorized everything. I've beaten the game with only 3 hearts and without geting anything I don't need (nyrus love is the most relevent thing I skipped, and the bottles) TWICE! And now it's a movie! I'm honestly shaking!

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
I LIKE IT MORE!!! Honestly I'm freaking out. I played Ocarina of time for 5 years streight, almost every day. I beat it every 3-4 days. I've memorized everything. I've beaten the game with only 3 hearts and without geting anything I don't need (nyrus love is the most relevent thing I skipped, and the bottles) TWICE! And now it's a movie! I'm honestly shaking!

*snuggles* :)

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Seeing as he doesn't start of as like... a seven year old, it's not really following the proper Ocarina of time storyline. But that said, I wouldn't mind watching it. Honestly, Hollywood would of raped it... At least for this the excuse is they didn't have excessive budgets to blow on it. At the same time... I think books and games would make better series than movies... Movies cut too much from the source

I've seen this trailer years ago... they definitely improved it...

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Seeing as he doesn't start of as like... a seven year old, it's not really following the proper Ocarina of time storyline.

I don't even Care!!! The name of the move is the Hero of time. Zelda and Link look through the window. There are sages. Hyrule castle actually lookes like the Hyrule castle from the game. Have a seven year old would mean need a seven year old actor. That's hard and they don't have the time or money to do that. So take out one irrelevent detail and it's still the same storyline.

Also, thanks Mesmerale, I needed that.

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
It's really not an irrelevant detail in regards to the whole Hero of Time aspect... Part of the drama and epicness is that he hibernates until he's an adult, and is able to go back in time...

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
::Grabs a sock:: Okay, I am ready play the movie.

But really, it looks "meh" and I will enjoy pointing out all the modern day stuff since they seem to film in largely public places.

Oh is there going to be a person holding a flashlight on a stick shouting "Hey listen, Hey listen, Hey Listen!!!"?

Oh also, they better be those zombies that love to rape link's face.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
It's really not an irrelevant detail in regards to the whole Hero of Time aspect... Part of the drama and epicness is that he hibernates until he's an adult, and is able to go back in time...

I know it's super cool and all, but you have to take what you can get. As long as while he's in the temple of time (which they did put him there in the preview) gannon takes ever and everything falls into chaos, then it'll be fine by me.

Fire2box said:
::Grabs a sock:: Okay, I am ready play the movie.

But really, it looks "meh" and I will enjoy pointing out all the modern day stuff since they seem to film in largely public places.

Oh is there going to be a person holding a flashlight on a stick shouting "Hey listen, Hey listen, Hey Listen!!!"?

Oh also, they better be those zombies that love to rape link's face.

I was going to make a masterbation joke about this, but decided not to. Glad to see you picked up the ball on that one.

I don't really like the mainstream movies, so I'm glad it looks meh.

About Navi, THERE BETTER NOT BE!!! and if there is, Link better shoot her out of his slingshot the moment she starts talking.

I actually hope that they do a better job at making the zombies look more like they're biting and not raping. It was funny in the game though.

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
They answered in one of their video updates that Redeads (the zombies) were not in the movie.
They will put it on dvd eventually but they hope to screen it in more cities first. And if Nintendo was planning to shut this down, I think they would have done so already.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
They answered in one of their video updates that Redeads (the zombies) were not in the movie.
They will put it on dvd eventually but they hope to screen it in more cities first. And if Nintendo was planning to shut this down, I think they would have done so already.

1. if the Redead's are not in the movie then it's clearly not worth seeing. They are so scary in the game until it looks like they are raping link then.

2. Nintendo could shut them down any damn well time they want, just since they haven't acted doesn't mean they can't. Also this is the first time I recall hearing about this.

Anyways I love the mario brother's movie that came out in the early 90's mainly since it was so bad and different from the games. I am expecting the same with this movie just with way way way worse production value and actors. At least mario brother's had Dennis Hopper as Bowser.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm sorry, but this just looks plain awful. I'm sure they put tons of work into it and whatnot, but it still looks like a cheap joke. To point out the most direct things I hated:

- Link looks like a random guy with a colored mop on his head and clothes sewn by somebody who doesn't have any idea what they were doing. A quick search would reveal hundreds of pictures of more believable cosplayers.

- The acting (from what can be seen in the trailer) is of a lower standard than your average grade school play. Especially when it comes to "Link's" performance.

- The CGI would have been alright, were this a low budget Icelandic TV production from '94. It does nothing, absolutely nothing, to make the magic of "Hyrule" believable.

That said, I don't think it would even be possible to make a good film adaption of Zelda. Why you ask? Think about it. The fun of Zelda is built on you exploring Hyrule and chasing after the pieces of the triforce/medalions/what have you. The keyword here being you, not an actor on the screen. Not much beats the dungeon exploring of Zelda. Sure, you could probably enjoy seeing a dungeon explored on film, but not 8 or more. The game mechanics that makes Zelda such a great game just aren't transferable to a movie without loosing most of what makes it fun.

But Zelda has such a rich story and such a vast, fantastic universe you say? I agree. For a game. It's great because you get to explore all of it at our own pace. You get to look at all the details. Without your interaction, I'm sure it would look just as boring as they managed to make the Dungeons & Dragons universe look when they decided to make that god awful movie bearing the same name. The trailer for this fan film does nothing to dispel that notion.

This isn't just true for Zelda though. It's true for pretty much every game out there. In all seriousness, when was the last time you saw a movie based on a game you loved that didn't leave you feeling disappointed? It's just pretty damn near impossible to transfer the story telling narrative of a game to a movie. They're so vastly different in so many ways. The same almost always applies to movies being made into games. It's extremely hard to change the story telling style. To do so, you often have to cut away half of what makes the game a great game or what makes the movie a great movie.

Of course, there are exceptions. Take Metal Gear Solid for example. I've only played the first two, but they would be perfect for film adaptions. In this case, it's because the games play very much like a well written and directed movie. The narrative style is pretty much borrowed from the way stories are told in movies.Naturally, that makes for easy transfer of the story from one medium to another. That is anything but the case when it comes to Zelda. It's a great gaming experience. It shouldn't be turned into something else were it would most certainly fail.

Ok, that's it folks. Rant over :D

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The metal gear games solid games pretty much are interactive movies. Playing them isn't a whole lot better then just watching it. However even with Metal Gear Solid being a movie in game format they will STILL screw it up somehow. Most likely by casting and crappy CGI for metal gear REX and gray wolf.

I know I been harsh criticizing this movie without even seeing it, I am also not a big zelda fan but I do play the games. That said, my biggest problem is them actually making it since I don't think Zelda would be a good movie for the reasons stated by Red Gravity there but also since it just HAS to be highly illegal.
----------------
Now playing: Brad Sucks - You're not Going Anywhere
via FoxyTunes

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
But I LOVED the bad live-action Mario Brothers movie~

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hmm I normaly like this kind of stuff, But this for some rerson don't seem worth wathcing. But I give them tabs for doing it none the less

Status
Not open for further replies.