• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

YuYun 中国尿布

Status
Not open for further replies.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
you may have seen them on ebay, that's where i saw them, and after all the scare stories about dodgy dealers in the far-east i dismissed this trader and only looked at european stuff. and then, i saw a thinglish trader who was auctioning a YuYun diaper and i decided to research the company a bit.
it's totally legit'. and y'know what? they're actually better than a lot of local ebayers cos i received my order, from China, in 5 days:

in the end, the thinglish trader got £40 for one diaper...... i paid £30 for two and probably received mine before whomever bought from the thinglander.
so, just a bit of reassurance if you were wanting to try something different from the western stuff. another thing, i was expecting the sizing to be more biased toward the asian physique, but they're actually a better/larger cut than some US/Euro garments.
i'm definitely impressed.

Role
Other
Unfortunately YuYun has really crappy quality control, and the actual long term quality sucks.

I bought 6 diapers from them, 3 came with serious sewing flaws (seems unsewn). I just recently pulled one out of my dryer, no they were not all-in-ones, and the outer cloth layer had completely come apart, another the outer cloth had worn through all over.

I personally can't recommend the company.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Unfortunately YuYun has really crappy quality control, and the actual long term quality sucks.

I bought 6 diapers from them, 3 came with serious sewing flaws (seems unsewn). I just recently pulled one out of my dryer, no they were not all-in-ones, and the outer cloth layer had completely come apart, another the outer cloth had worn through all over.
I have had similar experiences with their diapers.

DO NOT PUT THEIR ALL IN ONES IN THE DRYER they will melt.

I do have two of their regular cloth diapers... and they aren't horrible. I had LuvsGurl go back over all the seams and velcro with her sewing machine and re-enforce the stitching... so far that has worked very well. Honestly they aren't horrible for the price... plus they are very comfy.

Just remember... you may not get what you pay for, but you do pay for what you get. If something seems to be a bargain, that's probably because the quality isn't very high in the first place.

dentedwheel

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I did some research about these, because they looked interesting.

First off they have their own website called nicediaper.com . If the attention to their website is any indication of the quality of their product, good luck.

Second, I went through the whole process of registering and attempting to buy a product to find out how much they charge for shipping. Holy sh**! I have never seen shipping that expensive. I selected $24 US worth of products and the least expensive shipping was $47 US. Needless to say, no sale.

Thirdly, even though I have been complaining for two paragraphs. I bought an all-in-one through ebay just to try it out. I am a glutton for punishment.

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I've got one of the AIO's. Looks Ok to me.

I crack up with their Engrish. Especially the part where they say they don't speak German.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
ah, and my reasons for buying the AIO? for night-time use - but not for bedwetting (don't do that anymore); just for doing what boys do and not having the mess all over. this way, i can just drop-off nice and relaxed.

i also thought they'd be good as a leak-guard for the skimpier cut dispies as i usually wear trainer-pants over them. it's alot bulkier with the yuyun on. i've not yet tried them for absorbancy as a stand-alone garment.
anyway, currently happy. i plan to buy some other stuff of them but can't help thinking that the speediness of delivery may have been down to simply catching a due-to-depart shipping consignment and that the next delivery could take the claimed length of time.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I bought a cloth diaper from them. I wanted to get more but I decided to only buy one for now just to see how it works. I wear more than one cloth diaper anyway. Right now I'm wearing one because it was thick enough. 8 layers.

dentedwheel

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I got my order last week. And here's what I think. If you are at all into wearing cloth diapers. This is the best deal on the web. Shipping is expensive, but the products are dirt cheap. The all-in-ones with the velcro fastener (plastic backed) are thick and very comfortable. I bough two pair. Both are pretty good construction. The only exception is that one of the "Yuyun" labels was attached upside down. Not really a big deal. The all-in-one pull-ups (plastic backed) are just as nice with the bonus of having a removable pad, that is included. Makes laundering much easier.

I also purchased two pair of "Hello Kitty" flannel covered plastic pants. They are great except I underestimated the size and they are a little small. My mistake, not theirs.

About the sizing: My waist measures 36". My legs are about 26" around. The a-i-o velcro that I ordered was a size S-M. Perfect fit. However the flannel covered plastic pants I ordered were size "middle". They were too small. They fit my waist fine, the legs were tight. I should have gotten large.

Laundering them takes some getting used to. The plastic they use is softer and stretchier than anything I have owned before. Not that it makes any difference because the diapers are so thick, but they are quiet. I like it. The potential problem is that I suspect they are more susceptible to heat damage in the dryer. I used "delicate" heat and they seemed very soft and warm. Not damaged, but any warmer and they just might melt. I think a previous post mentioned that they do melt in the dryer. I'm sure they do at normal temperature.

I hope that some of this is useful.

Oh yeah, one last thing. The nicediaper.com website has been down for two weeks now. When it comes back online and you order, use the fast shipping. 5-7 days and only a few dollars more. The shipping package is not a subtle thing. It is very obvious that it came from China and it has a Customs tag that states "clothing". Nothing specific as far as AB/DL. If you have to explain every package that you receive, you might not get away with this one.

Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
I ordered two of the same as shown in the above picture through there eBay store, overall not bad, pretty thick (which is my preference). I do however find that the sides near the tops of the leg gathers have a tendency to leak. As well I found the Velcro if not positioned just right has a tendency to keep coming apart. Good diapers though the price is what sold me, I'll probably end up buying more.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
The shipping package is not a subtle thing. It is very obvious that it came from China and it has a Customs tag that states "clothing". Nothing specific as far as AB/DL. If you have to explain every package that you receive, you might not get away with this one.
in the uk, it's recorded delivery, requiring a signature; but other than that, i think the packaging is fairly subtle. some of my other stuff has come with the shop's name and logo on the packaging.
and, OMG! you have a tumble dryer?!!

not had much problem with leaking from the sides, as Brett has had, but they aren't really a night-time or lying down diaper, in my opinion (you need full trad diaper + placky-pants for that).

and i'd not thought about it, but now that it's been mentioned, i've been wondering about the plastic of the yuyuns and if it's compliant with modern western standards for toxins? ah well, i suppose there's plenty more were we came from :D

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I bought 2 pairs of plastic pants from them, and I adore them :)

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
If people ask you what clothing you got, just tell them it's private. Do they need to know what you got?

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I have had similar experiences with their diapers.

DO NOT PUT THEIR ALL IN ONES IN THE DRYER they will melt.
I have one of their all-in-ones, and have not had any problems. However, anytime you have an all-in-one (where there is both the absorbant part AND the waterproof part stuck togehter) you really need a VERY GOOD WASHER. The HE washers have VERY high spin speeds that will get the water out of these things. The dryers therefore don't need to work hard.

Role
Other
in the uk, it's recorded delivery, requiring a signature; but other than that, i think the packaging is fairly subtle. some of my other stuff has come with the shop's name and logo on the packaging.
and, OMG! you have a tumble dryer?!!
I had to pick mine up and sign for them at the Post Office, when I got there the guy told me to wait a minute while he got the package out of the safe. I almost busted out laughing, thinking that the Post Office was keeping my diapers in their safe.

Role
Diaper Lover
I orderd a velcro all-in-one and was disappointed that it was yellow outside and brown inside. A 'drab' diaper? I guess you wouldnt have to worry about certain stains...
I later more carefully ordered the white pullup all-in-one and am VERY pleased. The inside is soft and it includes a removable stuffer (which i never remove). This is a wonderfuld diaper to wear as is or put over a disposable ( if you like lots of bulk and you don't like laundering cloth diapers). Plenty of padding, nice soft smooth shiny vinyl. Very cozy.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I got my diaper on the 21st of March and it works well for me. It's nice and thick so no need to wear another diaper with it. I am going to get more from them down the road. Now I am waiting for my pair of plastic pants from them.

This is the diaper I got:

S-M YUYUN Adult Baby Cloth Diaper Nappy Sissy LZY-S - eBay (item 250321563635 end time Apr-06-09 08:06:56 PDT)

When I washed it, it looks like at first the whole inside went out of place because it looks lumpy but it's just an illusion. It is still in the same spot but it's just wet and once it dries, it looks fine again. But I think the sizes are off because it said it fit up to 39 inch waist and my hips are 36-37 and when I put the diaper on the tabs are in the front, not on the side so I'll stick with sizes S-M. That's why it's smart to buy one diaper from a company to try it and see how it fits or works and I liked the diaper and it fits me perfect so I'm going to go for more with the same size from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.