• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Mr Alex made a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked by dormancy. Post funny or interesting videos here!

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I frequent Youtube many times for nostalgic reasons - streetcars, trains, clips from old TV shows, recording artists, movies - all from my younger years. One thing I also miss from childhood days is the old, manually operated elevators. To me, as a young child, they were a thrill ride of sorts. Seeing the floors whizzing past through the scissor gates made you feel you were traveling much faster than you actually were. They could be kind of scary to ride when you'd feel your stomach flip as they quickly stopped at each floor. Sadly, during the decade of the 1960s, most of them in North America were modernized and converted to automatic operation. However, a handful of building owners have retained the old cars and the operator jobs that go with them. I like seeing some of the human element retained in this age of automation.:smile: Here's a couple notable examples in the US from Youtube:

The Flat Iron Bldg. in Asheville, NC
YouTube - Carolina Camera: The Elevator Lady

The Smith Tower in Seattle, WA
YouTube - Otis elevator at the Smith Tower(With an elevator operator)

And this one is in Canada:

Gladstone Hotel Toronto, Canada
YouTube - The Gladstone Cowboy

Do they look fun to ride or what?:D

~Pramrider

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I don't know about nostalgia, but after I read your post I found something that us children of the 70's had to endure ( I actually remember watching this stuff when new. Maybe THIS will explain it.

THIS one is for Mandeh/ Abigail =P

Last edited:

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I frequent Youtube many times for nostalgic reasons - streetcars, trains, clips from old TV shows, recording artists, movies - all from my younger years. One thing I also miss from childhood days is the old, manually operated elevators. To me, as a young child, they were a thrill ride of sorts. Seeing the floors whizzing past through the scissor gates made you feel you were traveling much faster than you actually were. They could be kind of scary to ride when you'd feel your stomach flip as they quickly stopped at each floor. Sadly, during the decade of the 1960s, most of them in North America were modernized and converted to automatic operation. However, a handful of building owners have retained the old cars and the operator jobs that go with them. I like seeing some of the human element retained in this age of automation.:smile: Here's a couple notable examples in the US from Youtube:

The Flat Iron Bldg. in Asheville, NC
YouTube - Carolina Camera: The Elevator Lady

The Smith Tower in Seattle, WA
YouTube - Otis elevator at the Smith Tower(With an elevator operator)

And this one is in Canada:

Gladstone Hotel Toronto, Canada
YouTube - The Gladstone Cowboy

Do they look fun to ride or what?:D

~Pramrider
I been in the Smith Tower elevator, and I agree - it is really cool. I found all of the architectural features in that to be beautiful. The Chinese stuff upstairs was a little strange for the setting, though.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I watch the most random/insane stuff on Youtube. The latest weird/interesting this is a Dancing Jeep xD!

YouTube - jeep dance

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
Five cute bunny/cat videos I found on You-Tube!! They are soooo cute!!

Part 1 - There she is
YouTube - There She Is!

Part 2 - Cake Dance
YouTube - Cake Dance (There She Is 2!)

Part 3 - Doki & Nabi
YouTube - There she is Step 3: Doki & Nabi (Sambakza)

Part 4 - Paradise
YouTube - Sambakza presents THERE SHE IS!! Step 4 Paradise

Part 5 - Imagine (Final Step!!)
YouTube - There She Is ! Step 5 (Final Step) w/ english subtitles

I hope you all enjoy these, I do & wanted to share them with you all!!

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
check out my signature!!! I have a YouTube channel with cool videos. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.