• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Youtube question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Ok a few days ago a friend and I made a podcast for YouTube in hopes that we might start our own radio show; The problem is that it's 45 minutes long. I have seen videos on the site that go over the 10 minute limit so I thought that if I set the show's channel to Director I could have vidoes on as long as I want but that's not the case.

How can I get my video on there and cerpass the 10 minute time limit?

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
A: you can't anymore, back when Youtube first started out and you had a director's account, you could, but not anymore.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Some people can still make video's over 10min long though. I think you may have to get special permission from Youtube or something.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
You have to pay. Dont ask me how; it's only what I've heard.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Split the video into 4-5 parts, uploading them as their own videos, then put them into a playlist so they play in order one after another.

There you go, a seamless 45 minute long video (O.K. it's not seamless, but it plays in order!)

Last edited:

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I looked it up and you can apply for the ability to have more time for your videos. If that doesn't work i'll do what Fallen sugjested and if the video is pulled then I will just put it on myspace or something.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I looked it up and you can apply for the ability to have more time for your videos. If that doesn't work i'll do what Fallen sugjested and if the video is pulled then I will just put it on myspace or something.
Can't you just do a fast edit and put them in 10 min. chunks?

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Why don't you stick your pod cast on iTunes, just click the 'add new podcast' button.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
Alright, I had a similar problem and my vid was around the same length too.

All you do is cut it down into say 3 or 4 or as many as you need clips, then upload.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
Yeah I've had videos that I've had to cut in half and they were only 11 minutes long. Really annoying crap... but whatever.

Pretty much just chop it in half or however many parts you want/need. Problem solved.

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hopefully youtube will extend or lift the limit someday. But yeah, I had to split a hockey game into 12 segments too. Make a playlist and be sure to mention that it's part x/5 in the title/description so people know which segment is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.