Your view on signature pictures

Your view:

• They don't bother me because I've diabled viewing signatures anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Well people have started putting pictures in their signatures, and I'm just wondering what people think about it.

To be honest, I find them a little annoying (especially when it means that someone's signature is larger than their post!), and I don't see the point in them. Why do we really need to see a picture after every post?

We already have avatars, and then their the profile picture as well. Surely anything else in picture form can just go in the gallery? Plus extra images means it's takes longer for the pages to load.

I know, I know, I can just disable viewing signatures... but the other aim of this poll is to see how many people do this already do this...

So yeah, what do you think?

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
I like picture signatures. I'm not just saying that as I'm using one either!

On another forum I frequently visit, totally unrelated to infantilism signature pictures are enabled and some of them are ****ing huge. They don't bother me in the slightest, perhaps because most of them are in good taste and look pretty awesome. I like avatar and signature pictures so long as their are in good taste and follow a related trend. I'm not a big fan if their totally unrelated to each other but that's just me being picky.

If I was in charge of TBDL I'd make signature pictures even bigger. :sly:

Honestly, if their's a working option to disable signature pictures then I don't see why anyone has the right to complain.

I'm so totally going to be in the minority.

I even like animated avatars. :sneaky2:

Role
Diaper Lover
As long as the picture is not uberly big or anything that would take up a good space for a post or are offense, the I'm fine with the signiture pictures. Some of them are sort of funny!

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
They provide another means to say who you are. Many people who are bad with names rely on avatar pics to keep track of who you are. In a land full of foxes and multiple masterchiefs, anything that makes the image in peoples' heads of a particular person more individual and specific to them is a good thing. I suspect that when a person finds sigs annoying they are in fact finding only a few sigs annoying.

I say let's keep 'em.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I like signature, so you can do things like... A pirate crew! Yay!

But really, if you can disable them then really it doesn't matter does it?

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I like picture signatures. I'm not just saying that as I'm using one either!

On another forum I frequently visit, totally unrelated to infantilism signature pictures are enabled and some of them are ****ing huge. They don't bother me in the slightest, perhaps because most of them are in good taste and look pretty awesome. I like avatar and signature pictures so long as their are in good taste and follow a related trend. I'm not a big fan if their totally unrelated to each other but that's just me being picky.

If I was in charge of TBDL I'd make signature pictures even bigger. :sly:

Honestly, if their's a working option to disable signature pictures then I don't see why anyone has the right to complain.

I'm so totally going to be in the minority.

I even like animated avatars. :sneaky2:
Took me a long time because of my F***ING connection but yeah, what he said.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I enabled images in signatures because someone requested them.

Signatures are meant for short bursts of good content, such as haikus, links to the ADISC wiki, quotes from smart people, and similar.

Signatures are not meant for being flashy. They are not meant to help you recruit people for anything except perhaps contributing on the ADISC wiki.

Spammy signatures can be countered. I might be able to set a maximum size for images used in a signature. I know I can disable certain tags (like the ones making text bigger or change color). If sigs get too large, I will look into this.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
I am all for it as long as sig pics are kept below a 450x450 size.
And all signatures below 5 lines.
I also think we should allow more characters then our previous amount. Cause; I had a whole lot going on on my sig, and the tags were the most of it....I had about 300 characters of text to display, but the other 200 was all in tags and http addresses. So it was of no help.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
A decent sigpic is nice. But I like them. As long they are not too big.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Current sig restrictions set for everyone :

allow uploaded image in signature : yes
maximum uploaded image width : 750px
maximum uploaded image height : 100px
maximum uploaded image size : 20K
maximum total images in sig : 10
maximum font size : 7
maximum characters in total : 1000
maximum characters excluding bbcode markup : 750
maximum lines : 5

Note that these will change over time as I seek to give everyone as much as I can without allowing sigs to become excessive.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur

Note that these will change over time as I seek to give everyone as much as I can without allowing sigs to become excessive.
That sounds reasonable...although allowing 10 images in a sig seems a bit 'over the top'...I can see people taking advantage of that...it'd be one thing if it was 10 teensy smilies like this one :) quite another if it were 10 images each 750px wide by 100px high!

Just my

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I love sigpics, and wondered if they were allowed here. Certainly within some size limits, though.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
That sounds reasonable...although allowing 10 images in a sig seems a bit 'over the top'...I can see people taking advantage of that...it'd be one thing if it was 10 teensy smilies like this one :) quite another if it were 10 images each 750px wide by 100px high!
That's the idea : they can use it to put 10 small (same size as that smiley) images in it if they want to. But if they use it to create a monster sig, then I will cut it down.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As long as they're relatively small and not (overly?) animated, I'm cool with it.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Sigs also allow you to say something about yourself and have it variable without having to change avatar pic. One could treat the sig as a thread: one line of a story each day, or a new joke or a new daily cartoon... This would be a traffic builder to the member's posts and would therefore raise the level of internal traffic!! (Not to mention the repcount of the member.) A sig could be like a mini-blog!! Any forum feature that allows for more creativity, a greater scope for personal expression makes enriches the experience of being an active member.

And Moo: the strictures about size, characters and so forth are absolutely spot on.

Last edited:
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Keep mine at 380x110 always, yes BIG sigs are annoying but regular sigs arnt

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy

Meep. As a former graphic maker, I'd like to see the max height be 200 pix. The standard sig is 450x125.

Status
Not open for further replies.