Your Toughest Workout Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Butterfly Mage

I'm also a bit of an exercise nut too. Now that the weather is warm again, I've been riding my bicycle more. There's an awesome nature trail that's about 50 miles long. Yesterday I did 21 miles up and 21 miles back (for 42 miles total. I was pretty pleased about being able to do this. 42 miles on a bike is worth about 2,100 calories.

What's the most intense workout you've ever done? Inquiring minds wanna know! :)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Mine was walking like 12 miles I think. I kind of want to ride my bike to Sacramento but there would be no way I'll make it back in the same day.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
For formal working out, probably many years ago when my wife and I joined one of those fitness clubs and worked out on the Nautalis(sp?) exercise machines.

Informally, is when I do some clearing out of our property with a chainsaw. The soreness I've felt all over afterwards, especially in my back, tells me I've worked out a bit too much.:rolleyes:

~Pramrider

B

Butterfly Mage

Chainsaw aerobics... I can see some DVD Workout Video potential here!

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Longest walk: 14 miles (during a walk-a-thon in Middle School)

Longest bike ride: 22 miles, up and down the shore of Lake Michigan through Chicago (From our flat out to the Shedd Aquarium, north to past the zoo, where the bike path turns back into town, then back home on the reverse route.

Longest time my ass has been in excruciating pain from not being in shape for a 22 mile ride on a mountain bike that I had bought 2 days before: 3 days. =(

F

Falkio

Scout Camp 2008

The staff had the weekend off, so my buddies and I went hiking around Huntington Lake. We traveled 23 miles in one hell of a day. Everyone returned in a poor state, so we slept through campfire and dinner.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
i went mountain climbing once for the whole day. toughest stuff in the world.

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ran my first full marathon in December....26.2 miles. I finished in almost 4 hours. The first place winner finished in like 2 hours and 22 minutes..so for the first one, I think I did pretty well.

I tore my achilles tendon a few days later at the gym when the belt tore and threw me up against a wall. Nice. Should get the all clear to run again next month. I've got a lot of work to do if i'm going to run it again.....

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well its wasn't really a work out. It as my job, I worked on natural gas wells for a year. We never stopped moving, and most of the pipes we used could wieght in the upwards of 200-300 pounds, and 30+ feet long.

We did 1 job that used pipe that was 14 pounds a foot, and 36 feet long:\. But I got to see some amazing things

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I used to lift in high school. I would do fifty reps of about fifteen different lifts in the course of about two hours. I was young and it didn't bother me.

Probably the hardest I've ever done was wrestling practice in high school, especially the first few weeks when we getting back into shape. I'm told the average wrestling practice burns 1000-1500 calories. I believe it, given that the light warm-ups we did the day before a meet, prior to the regular two hour practice, were three miles runs in roughly 21 minutes, not so easy when you wrestle in the 189 pound weight class.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I hate working out. The most I've pushed myself to physically was probably the about 6.5 miles long run I had to do for school. I was quite satisfied with finishing after around 56 minutes. Then I went home, got into bed feeling like I'd never get up again.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I dunno, I've done some 20 mile bike rides before, but I think probably the most difficult one was climbing Whiteface Mountain, which is about a 3,700 foot vertical climb, topping out at just under 5,000 feet above sea level.

M

Maxx

2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run

Actually, some of the training sessions leading up to it were mentally harder, even if they weren't as long and physically challenging.

Skeeter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I was in high school our swim team had 3 hour swim practices on the vacation weekdays between Christmas and New Years. One of these practices consisted solely of a set of twelve 1000 yard swims (that's 40 lengths each) on a 15 minute interval. After the first 4, I was over 15 minutes and swam the last 8 continuously until I finished. You were also expected to finish the entire set whether you went past the 3 hours or not. It took me ~3 and a half hours. I couldn't lift my arms for the rest of the day!

S

soren456

Long swim team workouts in high school.

Nowadays, squash twice a week.

Badminton! I'm telling you, indoors, it's vicious . . . .

I love to take long walks.

YoungNastyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Playing Rush's Moving Pictures on expert drums in Rock Band 6 times in a row

Neil Pert is relentless on non-drummers

Status
Not open for further replies.