Your Rubber Sheet

iampadded

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was born in the late 80's and grew up in the 90's with pull-ups, plastic pants and a rubber sheet. I was a chronic everynight bedwetter until I was about 11-12. At that point I started becoming more reliably-but not totally dry at night. By the time I was 14 or so I was out of night diapers but my Mom left the tell tale rubber sheet on my bed. Probably a good thing because I still had the occasional high school accident. I am now 30 and that rubber sheet is still on my bed at my parent's house :) When, if ever, did your Mom remove your rubber sheet?

Last edited:
Reactions: knowdog, Deleted member 39574, DiaperGuy08 and 2 others
I can't remember when, but I think I was fairly young. That said, I think we always had some sort of mattress protector on our kids beds as well as our own because people get sick. Even if you don't wet your bed, there's always a possibility of vomiting on your bed so in my house, every bed is protected. You can get those fabric mattress protectors, fabric on the top and vinyl on the underside. They don't make any noise and no one is the wiser.

Reactions: Babybike2, RedPandaDL and chamberpot
dogboy said:
I can't remember when, but I think I was fairly young. That said, I think we always had some sort of mattress protector on our kids beds as well as our own because people get sick. Even if you don't wet your bed, there's always a possibility of vomiting on your bed so in my house, every bed is protected. You can get those fabric mattress protectors, fabric on the top and vinyl on the underside. They don't make any noise and no one is the wiser.
Those kind of protectors are really not that useful for repeated bedwetting. While they do protect the mattress, if you wet it even once, it generally has to be washed. With a rubber sheet under the bed sheet, you just wipe it downs with soapy water and good to go.

Reactions: knowdog
I can't remember either, but I remember sitting on my bed (age 5) and feeling the crinkly plastic, and thinking it was amazing for some reason!

Reactions: knowdog
Had one until my early teens. Pretty sure it was one for a crib though, because it was really small and only went under where my rump would be. ☺ Mum was a bit cheap it would seem.

(currently got a 'highly contagious' infection on my hands, so I'm typing with gloves on, on my phone, and can't be held responsible for any typos or typo-jokes, be they predictive-textly, intentional or otherwives)

I was born in 71 (that's old even with an apostrophe) and wet nightly up to about ten years old. As far back as I can remember of my childhood, I had polythene sheets on my bed which my dad made from industrial waste bags that he got from work.
They were mega noisy and I have a couple of tales on that side of things, but I can't be arsed typing, atm.

When I was about 10 or 11, I had to go into the sickhouse during the run up to Xmas and I do remember it being strange to sleep on an unprotected mattress; you'd have thought that they'd have had those fully covered mattresses, but the first I ever saw one of those was in the early noughties whilst on holiday.
(Attached to the tale of hospitalization is how I first publicly and purposely wet myself: I puked in class whilst sat in my chair and with my head facedown, thus getting some of the fluid on my lap and as the teacher had me stood me at the front of the class whilst waiting for the cleaner to come, and when she arrived he he said that I'd vomitted and added that I'd wet myself, too. I needed a piss by then, so I just let it go, partly in revenge for his saying that I'd wet myself in front of everyone).

I currently have a cheap plastic cover on my mattress, for all the reasons that have been mentioned in this thread. Unlike all my previous mattresses, it isn't a cheap, foam throwaway one nor a hand-me-down: I paid for it, it makes sense to protect it.

Reactions: Traveller
ade said:
I needed a piss by then, so I just let it go, partly in revenge for his saying that I'd wet myself in front of everyone).

Ha ha! I like your style, sir! :love:

Reactions: Traveller
I have a cheap plastic mattress protector on atm. I bought it to see what it was like and just in case. It is very noisy, espeacilly when cold, if my fitted sheet isnt tight, it slides around and can be difficiult to put fitted sheets on as the slide off.
I accidently ripped the threads on a corner when trying to pull the protecor tight.

I ordered one of the afermentioned matirial top, plastic bottom ones. Hopefully its quieter and sheets dont slide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about y"all but I like wet sex ! I have a rubber sheet over mattress and then a plastic cover and then another rubber sheet over that. On top of all that is my sheet. When I want to have wet and wild fun i throw a tarp over the whole thing. Hey my mattress is expensive, and I am not gonna ruin it. Plus the tarp really comes in handy when the party moves to the floor.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: TinkleTinkleLittleStar, Cyprushill427, Andrewgdfw and 13 others
Evahasgone2 said:
I don't know about y"all but I like wet sex!
+1 for wet sex and rubber anything 😍

• Love
Reactions: DiaperGuy08, rdadvb59 and Evahasgone2
RubberJin said:
+1 for wet sex and rubber anything 😍
Amen my friend !

Reactions: rdadvb59
I had one up until I stopped wetting at 10 and it was the same sheet for years and years with ducttape all over it. Pretty sure it leaked with all the holes in it.
2 years ago I started putting one on my bed again. I had leaked a few years before that and decided that I wanted a rubber sheet on my bed again. I love it, problem is that it turns brittle after a few months and I have to switch which side of the bed I'm on to prolong it then finally rotate it 180 degrees. I wish it was thicker and maybe not vinyl so it would stand up better. I also randomly wet myself once with it on, so it saved me lol

Vinyl isn't rubber, a real latex rubber sheet would be very different.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08
My mother still has my plastic sheet on my bed at home. I had a vinyl mattress cover on my bed through age 10 and I recall when I almost stopped having accidents at night asking my mom if we could take the vinyl cover off and she said we needed to wait "a while longer" to see how it goes. Though a bit disappointed I knew she was right as I had worn protection at night up through age 9 due to off again / on again wetting a night in my sleep. After so many years of having occasional accidents at night I had actually began to appreciate wearing diapers / training underwear with plastic underpants as I hated waking up in the middle of the night in wet sheets / pjs.

From about age 14 to age 18 I was fine and the vinyl cover was gone one day but when I went to college my nighttime accidents came back and I quickly began wearing protection at night again. I never mentioned it to my parents, but my first summer back I think my mother saw my plastic underpants beneath my mattress and the following Christmas vacation from college there was a vinyl protective cover back on my bed. I never said anything and actually appreciated having it on my bed at home as the college dorm beds all had plastic mattress covers. Many years ago as an adult on my own while visiting, my mom asked me if I still found my bed in my room comfortable and I told her I found it great to be back sleeping in it again and slept great. I think she knows I still wear some form of protection at night and the vinyl mattress cover gives me better comfort as I recall from my days as a young boy. My father definitely saw my plastic underpants on my bed one summer when I forgot to put them away after changing one morning.

I have always washed my own undergarments when visiting and though we have never spoke of if she probably saw several times over the years at one time or another my training underwear / plastic underpants. Her and my dad know if I wanted to discuss it I would, but there is no need. As for now, I like having the protective cover on my bed at my parent's house both for memories and security & comfort. The interesting part though is if it was gone one day would I ask for it to be put back on? I may have to explain why which could be a bit uneasy.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08, StoneCrab and depends4me
Evahasgone2 said:
I don't know about y"all but I like wet sex ! I have a rubber sheet over mattress and then a plastic cover and then another rubber sheet over that. On top of all that is my sheet. When I want to have wet and wild fun i throw a tarp over the whole thing. Hey my mattress is expensive, and I am not gonna ruin it. Plus the tarp really comes in handy when the party moves to the floor.
my dream girl...

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I was very young - didnt have an issue with accidents...
HOWEVER
the last few years I have vinyl - plastic cover on my mattress - on top of that I have a 3" cotton bed topper
As Evahasgone2 said I also love wet sex as well as a wet bed
I used to put the topper under the protective layer - dont get me wrong I love wet sheets, and even sleeping or playing in a PP puddle, BUT I love it even more when the mattress topper is soaked with PP....
I have even been know to leave the soaked topper on the bed for a few days wet before drying it (it takes a lot to dry the topper...lol)
And I also find the smell of PP to be a turn on...

re.JPG

• Love
Reactions: knowdog, Chrissie, wiliawi and 4 others
JOCKMAN said:
My mother still has my plastic sheet on my bed at home. I had a vinyl mattress cover on my bed through age 10 and I recall when I almost stopped having accidents at night asking my mom if we could take the vinyl cover off and she said we needed to wait "a while longer" to see how it goes. Though a bit disappointed I knew she was right as I had worn protection at night up through age 9 due to off again / on again wetting a night in my sleep. After so many years of having occasional accidents at night I had actually began to appreciate wearing diapers / training underwear with plastic underpants as I hated waking up in the middle of the night in wet sheets / pjs.

From about age 14 to age 18 I was fine and the vinyl cover was gone one day but when I went to college my nighttime accidents came back and I quickly began wearing protection at night again. I never mentioned it to my parents, but my first summer back I think my mother saw my plastic underpants beneath my mattress and the following Christmas vacation from college there was a vinyl protective cover back on my bed. I never said anything and actually appreciated having it on my bed at home as the college dorm beds all had plastic mattress covers. Many years ago as an adult on my own while visiting, my mom asked me if I still found my bed in my room comfortable and I told her I found it great to be back sleeping in it again and slept great. I think she knows I still wear some form of protection at night and the vinyl mattress cover gives me better comfort as I recall from my days as a young boy. My father definitely saw my plastic underpants on my bed one summer when I forgot to put them away after changing one morning.

I have always washed my own undergarments when visiting and though we have never spoke of if she probably saw several times over the years at one time or another my training underwear / plastic underpants. Her and my dad know if I wanted to discuss it I would, but there is no need. As for now, I like having the protective cover on my bed at my parent's house both for memories and security & comfort. The interesting part though is if it was gone one day would I ask for it to be put back on? I may have to explain why which could be a bit uneasy.
Jockman-
I learned a long time ago that there is very little that happens in a son's bed that Mom does not know about :)

Reactions: DiaperGuy08 and JOCKMAN
If you want rubber sheets or rubber baby pants call Rod Cox 503 399 1420. He also sells cloth diapers.

Yes Rod Cox is a good store for high quality bedwetting supplies

I always loved a bed covered in a vinyl mattress cover. You could hear it rustle as you moved around on it and you could rub your hands on it and hear a nice swishy sound .I loved the sound of that swish on plastic surfaces So I had one on my bed when I first got it. It remained on there for a good 6 or 7 years. It started ripping and my mom eventually removed it.I was well past bed wetting at that point anyways. I still missed having it on there though. My little sister had gotten her own bed at this time and had a nice crinkly shiny white vinyl mattress cover on it. I would sometimes bounce around on her bed to hear the ruslting of it. I wished I had this type on my bed but felt funny asking to have one put on my bed. So some years had past and my parents had removed that cover. Seems the zipper on it had broken . They didnt throw it out though and left it in a store room in the house. I had found it down there when looking for something else. So I had the neat idea of making some makeshift plastic pants from it. I made several from it and used them for years until they started to wear out. Years later I found Lang Lifestyles plastic pants were almost the same vinyl as that old cover.

Back