Your "Political Compass"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Normally, your political views are measured on a left/right linear scale. And back when the French revolution raged in the late 19th century it said a lot. However, politics have greatly evolved since then and so the four-way political compass was conceived. It looks like this:

It gives a pretty accurate description of a persons basic political views. Here are some famous people marked down for comparison:

To see where you fit in the compass; take the test at:

The Political Compass - Test

I'm not quite sure what I expect from this thread, but I find this to be an interesting idea of mapping political standpoints. Test yourself and post your results, and maybe a discussion will even catch on.

Here's my result by the way:

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Iiii am an antichriist
annd Iiii am aaan anarchistt!

To be honest I was actually slightly surprised by the result. It was a bit less libertarian and left some time ago.

M

Mako

Old topic is old, lets keep the new one.

Looks about right.

Role
Adult Baby
I'm pretty new here, so It wouldn't let me post the image. I got -3.25 horizontally and -1.38 vertically.

I'm not too surprised at where I stand, although I kind of knew I'm a bit of a centralist. They had some pretty interesting questions in there, as well. Makes you think.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I thought some of the questions were poorly worded, steering the reader to an affirmative or negative, at the risk of choosing something distasteful (is globalization better for humanity or transnational corporations- paraphrased). I mean, the way it was worded, if you choose agree, you are leaning to a communist ideology, disagree, and you are a paragon of corporate domination, in my opinion. These kind of things make me question the true accuracy of the model- but I still took the test! According to the test I am actually more centrist than I thought but overall, I guess it's close anyway.

Here it is:

Thomas_A

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm fairly new here myself. My results put me just about a half box to the right of Ghandi and right around Nelson Mandella. That makes me happy. I was always a leftie at everything anyway.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I thought some of the questions were poorly worded, steering the reader to an affirmative or negative, at the risk of choosing something distasteful (is globalization better for humanity or transnational corporations- paraphrased). I mean, the way it was worded, if you choose agree, you are leaning to a communist ideology, disagree, and you are a paragon of corporate domination, in my opinion. These kind of things make me question the true accuracy of the model- but I still took the test! According to the test I am actually more centrist than I thought but overall, I guess it's close anyway.
I agree that some of the questions should definitely be changed. Depending on how you look at them you can make them mean a lot of different things. All in all I think that the four-way model gives a good picture of your political standpoint, but a few of the questions need to be rephrased or replaced to make it more accurate.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover

Guess I am not too bad after all. <_>

Also some of the questions should have more choices. There was some very hard ones and other I couldn't agree or disagree with based on the question alone.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Me now:

-4.62 and -4.92

Compared with me before:

-3.75 and -4.21

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.87

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Awww....I came so close to being the first person in the red part in this thread. ;)

Interesting, though not surprising, that almost all of us are in the green section.

Status
Not open for further replies.