Your partner's reaction that you're a diaper lover

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppy56

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi, my boyfriend is a diaper lover adn Im wondering if anyone can give me some ideas for an afternoon of diaper fun? I want ti surprise him with it, we havent done it for a while so I know he will lv eit but I need some more ideas to plahy with, any help would be apreciated??

sirscience

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I see alot of positive in this thread and it gives me hope in regards to my situation. I told my wife before we got married, literally a week before. She did not take it so well and I have always felt that i should have told her sooner. To be honest I thought I might loose her when she found out. She has had a hard time with the concept and has been neutral to me partaking, only after first asking that it not happen around her. As her and i talk about it more it seems to be an easier topic, but i am just only beginning to discover what this means to me as well. I am thinking it might be a good idea to bring her here and show her the community... I wonder if it would help or hurt?

paddeddad

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
hi guys. I told my wife a wile back that i was a Dl , she wa freaked out .. I once came from work and found her in the kitchen wearing pullups, it was great , dream come true ,, that was the first time and the last . She says its not for her . I brought it up again recently and she said that she is grossed out obout the idea and wants nothing to do with it . She also found my stash a few months ago and threatend divorce ... So i hid them in a better place and only wear them when i know for sure i have a few hours of alone time .....

Sparkz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
My partner thought it was weird initially and now gets off on me in a diaper :D .

My wife is accepting and supportive but does not participate. Even so, I imagine some people are jealous of what I have.

You, Mr agent, are what I'm jealous of! :)

Sparkz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I told my wife before we started dating, while we were still friends of 5+ years. I chose that time because I was crazy about her and I couldn't handle the thought of losing her after we'd started dating. My thought was; "I'll tell her now and if she's still a friend after that, if we start dating we'll be doing so with it in the open.

Best decision I ever made... Short of a marrying her. By telling her early on it put the power of choice in her hands. Had I waited she may have instead taken it negatively because now she'd be stuck with it and have had no control over being in the situation.

FiresLight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
After telling my girlfriend over 2 years ago at first was cool with it even participating this lasted a few months, then I guess she thought about it and is now grossed out by it and it can even make her feel physically sick. So for now its a in my own time kind of thing with a don't ask don't tell policy regarding talking about it. :/ could be worse though :)

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I Told my wife of me liking to see other in diapers and she just said ok im not putting one on and 5 years later I had a medical condition that required me to wear them so I told her the whole truth and she said ok I don't care what you wear and I went a bought her some girl goodnights she put them on takes pics I don't think she likes it but she does it once a month or so we have played together in them it makes her uncomfortable but now she buys mine she knows I wear everyday she don't even care anymore :)

agent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My wife is accepting and supportive but does not participate. Even so, I imagine some people are jealous of what I have.

You, Mr agent, are what I'm jealous of! :)

Haha Sparkz. Diapers are a fairly private thing for me, so although my partner knew about it I tried to keep it out of sight, I didn't want him to feel awkward. I think what really worried me was that he had some sexual abuse from his uncle as a child and I was worried he'd associate diapers with pedophilia, or something along those lines (initially he did think it was pedophilic).

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When my wife found out she was a little freaked, I sat her down over lunch and explained everything to her and even showed her a few AB/DL websites to prove that it was nt as rare as she thought. After a short period of time she came round and helped me enjoy my fetish by not only dressing me in nappies but also by buying me disposables and cloth products.
I left my wife for my current G/F (and love of my life) and I told her straight away about my 'thing' as I did nt want my ex to use the info to ruin my new relationship. Fortunately for me she was very accepting and has taken part in it from day one

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I told my wife shortly after I joined the group. I stopped when we got engaged and thought that would stop it. I went for 8 yrs and had a thought now and then but nothing bad until last winter I went through the buildup to a major binge and could not stop thinking about it and dreamed about it every night. I contacted me therapist, joint the this group, and started to gain an understanding about the whole situation. I was going to sleep one night and my wife for some reason held me like a baby and started rocking me to sleep and I lost it. I cried and finally told her all about my diaper issues from the time I was three and what happened and when. To my surprise she was accepting of the thing. We have been talking ever since and the boundaries have been established, and she does not mind me wearing, as long as it is not in front of the kids (well duh). She is about as interested in my choices of diaper paraphernalia as I am in her shoes and purses collection. So the most important thing for us has been open communication.

FireStorm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
After reading through all the posts on this thread, it is clear that people react differently to their partner's interest in nappies. However, no one has mentioned about what happens when they split up.

I have never told anyone about my interest - family, friends, work colleagues, and I can't imagine I ever will. It was a big step to join this community and be open about who I am (although I'm glad I did).

I am currently single, and have only recently started wearing, so I've never been in the situation where I've had to confess to a boyfriend. What terrifies me is if I did tell a boyfriend in the future and then we split up, how would I cope if he told people I knew out of maliciousness?

Has anyone had any experience of this?

DarkQS1

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
After reading through all the posts on this thread, it is clear that people react differently to their partner's interest in nappies. However, no one has mentioned about what happens when they split up.

I have never told anyone about my interest - family, friends, work colleagues, and I can't imagine I ever will. It was a big step to join this community and be open about who I am (although I'm glad I did).

I am currently single, and have only recently started wearing, so I've never been in the situation where I've had to confess to a boyfriend. What terrifies me is if I did tell a boyfriend in the future and then we split up, how would I cope if he told people I knew out of maliciousness?

Has anyone had any experience of this?

To be honest, you never know. I've told my current girlfiend and an ex girlfriend. The ex was willingly to try it fast after I mentioned it because she was in to SM, which she told me after my confession.

My current girlfriend accepts it, which is the only thing I really care about, she accepts me as who I am.

I haven't heared anything from the people I still know that hang around with my ex.
Though, I have lost contact with that ex the moment we split.

I also told my parents a few years back, so that I dont have to worry if they ever find something in my room (since I'm still living there), they accepted it and never brought up the subject.

Just make sure that your partner comes at the first place.

CindyMarie

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I've been a ABDL all my life and believe it was from being diaper disciplined as a child. By the time I was ready for marriage, I thought it would go away so I didn't tell her. As soon as our first child was born, there were diapers haunting me daily and I couldn't fight it so I kept it a secret for almost five years. Guilt tore at me and I told her. Once I started talking I couldn't stop until I exposed everything. She just sat there, unemotional as I became worried and volunteered to see a counselor. They told her it was harmless but incurable and suggested she also tried it. She didn't but she did feel more relaxed about me and occasionally diapered me. Over time, she got more involved until she play acted the person punishing me as I had been as a child. I often questioned how it was affecting our relationship and her true feelings about it but she assured me it didn't bother her and she liked doing something to make me happy. WRONG! Several years later she had an affair and told me she had hated it... REALLY HATED IT! The affair failed and I took her back but things were never the same and I finally stopped any physical contact as it no longer seemed to be honest. I kept my ABDL self to myself and we lived for the next thirty years as room mates. I tell you all this because no matter what a spouse might say, you can't really be sure what they are really feeling. Like mine, they might have other reasons for acting as if it was alright. There just isn't any guarantee of how a spouse really feels so take that into account when telling all.

MattiKins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
My husband LOVES it when I am diapered up. He himself isn't an AB, and he is only a sometimes-DL, but he's fully supportive of me in every way. I love that man so much!

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
Totally positive, with this one. We're "in role" about as long as we're awake, and it's good.

In the past, girlfriends' reactions have ranged from weirded out to curious to "don't ever bring it up again." lol

AAO

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My wife was surprisingly accepting. I was having some bowel issues and used the run up and after a colonoscopy to introduce her to me wearing them. But later on I told her that I have liked wearing them for a long time. We don't discuss it much, but she lets me wear whenever I want.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
My wife discovered my AB stuff when she moved in with me after we had been dating for about nine months. I told her everything and she was really taken aback and thought it very strange. However, we had already fallen in love with each other so she tried to accept it and over time she has made great strides. So she knew about it long before we married (about four years).

Initially, she slowly warmed to the idea of diaper foreplay and we have done that many times. The confounding factor is that I am severely urge incon and an AB. I'm pretty sure she would feel better about it if I was just a DL and it stayed in the bedroom. The urge incon means diapers 24/7 and the AB stuff is regressive and non-sexual. She has an easier time accepting me wearing diapers for my incon and not so thrilled with my AB stuff like my pacifiers and bottles. Frankly, I sometimes wish that I didn't have diapers and AB stuff in my life, but that's the card I was dealt. I'm at the point in my life where you can either accept me for who I am or move on. Fortunately, my wife accepts me. Doesn't really participate, but helps in other ways (like folding my cloth diapers after laundering and buying diaper rash cream).

Green

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My situation is a little weird. I told my girlfriend a couple months after we started dating and I didn't go really deep in detail about it. I assumed she forgot since after that 2 years had gone by without us mentioning it again. She seemed okay with the fact I had a diaper fetish and once I told her I felt somewhat more free. In those 2 years I've wondered if she remembered still.

It wasn't until recently I decided to bring up the subject of diapers again and I asked her if she knew about it. And of course she did remember but didn't want to bring it up since I didn't bring up the subject again. But once we finally sat down and had a very long discussion about why I'm into such a fetish she was still okay with the idea of me wearing diapers and was surprised I hadn't worn around her. (I hung out with her a majority of the time and for some reason my fetish seemed to be non-existent in my mind until I become stressed or alone)

My girlfriend is totally fine with it but she said it's gonna take some time to adjust to it mentally, seeing me in a diaper, but that's understandable. I prominently played the alpha role in the relationship and seeing me in such a state would mesh with the image I've established with her. But I'm will to work with her and she's will to work with me. That's all that really matters to me. We've been dating for almost 3 years and still going strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.