your old toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remembered that there is one toy still around.

I had a rocking horse (you know the one that is attached by four springs on a wood base). I LOVED that horse and spent hours on it. My grandmother was always telling my mother that I was going to fall off and split my head open (never happened).

Anyway, we passed that rocking horse to my sister's kids and now it is being used by their kids!

So...I no longer have the toy but it is still in the family and I see it when I visit.

My old toys were thrown out by my Mom.
Only toys I have are what I have purchased over the past 20 years.

I have most of my childhood toys, although they're mostly at my parents' house. I have several boxes of Legos, some K'nex, assorted cars and trucks, a model train, a few board games, and a handful of stuffed animals. Currently, I have my model train and a few stuffed animals at my apartment currently; I'm planning on bringing back my Legos after Christmas. I have trouble taking anything apart once built, so I probably need more bricks ...

HogansHeroes said:
I have most of my childhood toys, although they're mostly at my parents' house.

That's the same for me. My old stuffed animals are sitting in my childhood room at my parents' house, and a bunch of other stuff is in the basement. I think there are some original power rangers megazords, some transformers, a bunch of Legos, and I think an old metal erector set. All the board games are around in their living room too, except for a few I have at my place.

I don't think I actually had too many childhood toys. I remember playing with Legos and having stuffed animals (although I don't remember them being super important to me at the time). But I do have my N64 still, one of the greatest consoles ever created on Earth IMHO.

Although now I have tons of plushies I absolutely love that I got myself over the past half decade so they all have some significance to me. Also my taste in"toys have changed. If I had a choice of playing with Legos vs playing with my computer I'd choose my computer hands down.

I wish I had all of my hotwheels and matchbox cars back. I used to use random objects and toys in my room and make a little "city" and would have the cars all "drive" around in it (with me making sound effects of course). And of course I'd love to have my legos back.

Even though I still live at home, most of my toys are gone. The exception being most of my Hot Wheels and other die cast cars. I've now donated a number of them to the therapy location where I volunteer. Since I'm essentially an unpaid aide, and am responsible for keeping things clean and organized, I get to make sure they stay in rotation. So not only do I get to work/play with some of my childhood toys, I actually have a socially acceptable reason for doing so. (well, maybe. LOL)

- - - Updated - - -

TheCaptain said:
Also my taste in"toys have changed. If I had a choice of playing with Legos vs playing with my computer I'd choose my computer hands down.

I didn't get an Atari until I was about 7. Since my target little age is a tad lower than that, I prefer more tangible, old school, hands on toys. Like Legos.

My two and a half year old third cousin has essentially become my baby sister. (LONG story there.) So when we build Legos together, it's kind of odd and bittersweet, since I remember growing up playing Legos with her now dead grandpa. (There was only four years between us.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back