• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

your life style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What type of future life style do you want to live? Maybe a simple one? Live on a farm or a small condo in the city? Or do you want to experience the other half, living a life style befitting a French Monarch?

Me...I want the monarch type life. What about the rest of you?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I want to live in a house much like the one I am in so I'll either keep this house or buy one up in Oregon. The latter is more tempting if I keep a career in the Navy if I ever get into that.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
That's a tough question because I want to live so many different lifestyles. I want to live in an apartment in LA for the nightlife. I want to own a house in a california suburb on a hill. I want to live in a mansion in the BC mountains. I want to live in downtown Vancouver. I want to live in Amsterdam, Italy, a small town in France's wine country. I want a house on the coast of spain. I want to live in rural Africa. I want to live on island time in Tonga, with nothing but a hammock tied up between two coconut trees. Maybe be self-sufficient for a bit.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I want to purchase some land on an island in Lake Winnipesaukee and build my own house, completely off the grid. Eco-block (concrete filled styrofoam forms) construction, geothermal heat/ac, and solar electricity. Ideally the house would be efficient enough that I would create a net positive of energy, giving back to the grid, and get a monthly kickback from the power company.

I'd have to build or buy a hovercraft for getting back and forth around ice-in and ice-out, but the cost differential compared to buying on the mainland would be worth it. You can't buy anything on the lake for less than a mil. nowadays, and island lots are still going for as little as $200k.

I've got a family friend that does this already (with the exception of gas lighting and fridge instead of electric), and he couldn't be happier. His costs of ownership are nil compared to a conventional home, and he has the lake at his front door.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Just want to live the life of the upper middle class. Marry my bf and adopt a kid or two. Have a house in the suberbs slightly bigger then the normal houses on the block and drive a nice car.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I'm not completely sure about everything. I just want the privacy I don't have now, but I don't want to live alone either. I hope to eventually meet a girl that can accept me for who I am. I'm unsure of whether I want kids though. It would be kinda cool, but it would kinda suck. (It is, of course, a very big responsibility as well.) I'd probably be happier without them.

B

Butterfly Mage

If I could have any kind of living arrangement I wanted, here's how it would be:

First and foremost, I'd like my partner and I to have a legally-recognized civil union.

Beyond that, my ideal living arrangement would be for a relatively small, stone house that sat on a decent patch of land. I'd like the land to be thick with trees and to have a narrow cobblestone path that wound through the peopeety so I could take a walk and see the trees.

I'd like a solar array on the roof and a wind turbine as a means of minimizing my connection to industrial power.

Finally, I'd like to have a small clearing in the middle of the wooded section dedicated for Wiccan rituals and High Rites. I'd put up a small circle of stones, four braziers oriented in the compass directions, and a stone altar in the middle. There would be enough space for a coven (13 people). But I could go there to pray and meditate too.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Wherever life takes me.

Assuming we don't all die in 2012...

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
I would love to live in a small town in north-central Ohio in my grandma's house and maybe one day raise a family. That's been my dream for a while. But, I keep striking out with the girls. LOL. Oh well. That's a dream of mine.

Have a family some day.

WildThing121675

Z

Zeit

I'd love to live in the middle of nowhere, like a small town just below the forestline, maybe near an orogeny of some sort. I'm not sure about kids but I'd love to have the hermit life for a little while before I go back to civilization.

If I can get to there, I'll have time to think about what I'd like my life to be like.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I see myself going a bunch of different ways.

I know I want to do a job that I love. Not one that requires a suit, a tie, a cubicle, none of that boring stuff. No corporate businesses, no finance, no. I want to do something like photojournalism. Or photography and writing separate.

I want to live in a big city. San Francisco, London, or Osaka are my current dreams. I really want to live in Europe.

I want to be happy. I don't want to wake up every day cursing the alarm clock. I want to be able to go out with my friends on the weekends, to do things I enjoy with the people I love. I don't want to "settle down" and let things become stale and routine. I look at my parents, and they never go anywhere, they don't have any friends. I don't want to be that.

findlay

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
i have a "monarch" lifestyle. now while i understand that makes me sound, to name but a few, like an absolute douche bag, and uber pretentious..its the truth. However i understand that its not my money..it was my dads

to answer the question though...i think in most cases it is natural to at least maintain the lifestyle you have become accustom to over your life. so at a minimum that is what i would like... but i come from a driven family so (without sounding arrogant) i know that i will have a better lifestyle to that i currently have and that i can truly say that in 'x' amount of years i created my lifestyle myself and not through my parents or family money....fingers crossed!!!

and if it makes sense i would like to have a simple life away from my city/suburb lifestyle. house in the country, or in another country something really basic. no tv, no phone, no electricity nothing that causes harm to the immediate environment

it must also be added that from my experience money to the extent that you can pay the bills and go on a family holiday every-now-and-then is good. but having a lot of money causes nothing but trouble between friends and more importantly family....it changes people massively...my opinion - money is not worth the hassle unless u can be just as cunning with it and those that want it.

Last edited:

RobotRock

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Beach front house with a huge garage for all my cars in California. I'd also like to travel the world and see several concerts in various countries.

S

soren456

That's a tough question because I want to live so many different lifestyles. . . .
I identify with that. It would almost be easier to list what I don't want than to list all the options. Most of all, I'd like the ability to pick up and leave for a new place as curiosity and the spirit moved me.

At the moment, I'd love to live in the Palo Alto area, but remain in school where I am.

I guess what I'm beginning to see for myself is: A pleasant house in a small town with easy access to a sophisticated large metro area and all its benefits.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I want a lifestyle that will pay the bills, guarantee food, and space for certain amount of enjoyment. I don't have any fancy house-in-holloywood dreams myself, thank you.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I want to live on a mountain, for the rugged terrain and constant wind, and the great view at the top. My children would all grow up to be strong, agile, and adventurous.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Live in a fairly nice house either in a hilly area or the suburbs of a city.

The house itself will be filled with computers, video game systems, and other electronic goods.

For a career, something in the scientific research and/or development field.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I do not care how much money I make. If I get the job I really want to be, it pays well, but that is not why I want the job. I want to retire in the country, however.

DT: Why do you want to live like a French monarch? And also, how do you intend to become one?

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have read my history books, I love the way Louis XIV lived, an absolute ruler and in the Versallies Palace. I like the idea of having a home with rooms trimmed in gold. I plan to start my own company. I won't give it all away, but it will be focused around the third world and newly emerging nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.