• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Your humour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
What is your sense of humour:

What do you find funny?
What do you do to make others laugh?
What do you hate?

Humour is subjective, and what one person finds an absolute delight, an other does not understand (or understands but gains no sense of "that's funny" from it).

I like exaggerations for example, which is why I enjoy the odd cartoon (particularly when emotion is conveyed through exaggeratory behaviour).

I like 'sick' humour too, the kind of thing that makes you laugh because you know you shouldn't.

I don't know the word for one of my favourites though...
*googles*
Non sequitur!

How about you?

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I love dark comedy. The mix of tragedy and comedy is just awesome. I make other people laugh by... Well, I'm not surrounded by geniuses, you see.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I like to laugh at others expense. Laughing at other people is just great.

Oh, and I like laughing at myself, too. =)

fifigal

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Little
What is your sense of humour:...

I like 'sick' humour too, the kind of thing that makes you laugh because you know you shouldn't.
Non sequitur!

How about you?

Just the other day I laughed aloud about a news story I read about a guy who died from exposure to the cold weather while he was out sleep-walking at night, they followed his foot-prints in the snow and found his body several hundred feet from his home. I know it was inappropriate and wrong to laugh about his unfortunate death, and I do feel sorry for him, his family, and his friends; but at the time I read the story, I could not help myself from laughing at the absurdity. It just struck me funny that even the extreme cold temperatre did not wake him up in time for him to save his own life.

Role
Diaper Lover
I don't know, random and sudden things (i.e. Family Guy, Team Roomba, MGS easter eggs...), but I hardly laughter like a maniac (but some Will Ferrell's films make my day). I sometimes act WAY too immature/retarded to make my friends laugh, I'm not like that tho, I'm the serious one in the bunch. What I hate is when someone picks on someone else, let's say, because this guy has a deformation somewhere in his body and this other guy picks on him, I seriously hate that. There's humour on it a couple of times but constantly is just frustrating, I also hate when people are show-offs, once in a while's ok because, maybe the person in question is excited I don't know, but everyeffingtime is a no-no.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Kinda hard to say really. Overexagerations, "point out funny stuff if everyday life you've never noticed", and just.... well, funny stuff. I don't think there's any set humour style that's the best, since I can see the funny side to pretty much anything.

However, Take for example shows like "Arrested development" and "Curb your enthusiasm". That shit is *not* funny.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Dark...Sarcastic...Other random things...I like Arrested Development (never seen Curb your Enthusiasm) unlike Kraiden D:

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I have kind of evil humour...I'll basically laugh at anything that involves people hurting...even though that's kind of horrible... yet I'll laugh at anything.

As for things that won't make me laugh...nothing really. I can laugh at mostly anything, even if it isn't that funny.

Only thing I do to make others laugh is tickle them :)

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Cynical / absurd / Odd look at the ordinary / word plays - twists. George Carlin, Robin Williams, Larson (Far Side)

Last edited:

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I think stupid, random, jackass like stuff is funny as hell.

Only thing I do to make others laugh is tickle them :)
Grr...I'm like extremely ticklish. Evey part of my body is ticklish in one way or another.

Role
Private
I think anyone who's witnessed me deliver a few jokes would realise that my humour is incredibly dry, but as the same time witty, delivered in a somewhat meaningful tone and more often than not draws on pop-culture or something that's happened recently (that's someone's either said or done). Not everyone likes, or even understands it and it's made for some very awkward social moments!

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I invoke much glee from my peers by being myself. That is, hyperbolic, nonsequitur and falsely astringent of others. I also make wordplays in conversation and am able to wing it with a train of thought out of nowhere. My Wiki page? All stream of consciousness babe.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I like intellectual humor, snappy comebacks, advanced sarcasm.
Not "YA I BET HAHA", no, more subtle sarcasm that people don't pick up right away.
And I agree with Point. Non sequitur is a big hit with me.

And then I like completely random, out there humor for some reason. xD Like Chowder, Flapjack. And Drake and Josh's/iCarly's humor I find funny, too.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'm German - I have no humo(u)r! *makes serious face*

Peachy

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Depends on what I'm doing/how I'm feeling/who I'm with. For instance, with some of my friends we make really horrible yo momma jokes and the like, and with them that's hilarious. But in any other context I'd just think that was stupid.

So yeah, my humour is quite difficult to define. But quite often I find things funny that other people don't, and then I find it even more funny because other people don't find it funny (I always enjoy in-jokes, or references to obscure things that I get, or jokes about things like science or maths that most people don't understand). So I think my sense of humour is can be quite odd at times.

As for how I make other people laugh... by not trying. If I'm trying to make a joke, or be funny, I usually end up failing miserably. But but every now and then I just make a random comment which isn't intended to be funny, everyone bursts out laughing. But I'm not really sure what it is that's funny, so I can't really try to repeat it.

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I like all kinds of humor (especially dumb jokes that aren't even funny), but sarcastic and political jokes usually get a chuckle out of me.
My own humor is either unfunny or too complex/specific for non-friends to understand it, and explaining a joke is lame :p

One of the webcomics I truly enjoy:
Comics - Explosm.net
Comics - Explosm.net

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I really like facetious and surreal stuff, and also dry, especially dark, wit. They don't seem to go together but for me they do. In fact there are loads of things I find funny. It is hard to really identify my humour. Though I will give it a try. I would say the four areas I usually appreciate are:

- Surrealism
- Satire
- Dry wit
- Dark comedy

If I spot it, I also appreciate sarcasm, though it usually flies other my head and gives me a kick up the backside. What I love is where a subtle joke is combined with very blatent surrealist comedy, and this is one of the reasons I love the books of Douglas Adams.

As for my own jokes, I actually find that people don't tend to find me funny. For a long time in my secondary school, laughing at my jokes has been a very quick way to get you temporary status as a social outcast. From primary school all the way through to the present day I have been told that I am not in the slightest bit funny.

I also really loved all the clips from Charlie, and from when comedy has been mentioned around here in the past, I think I have similar tastes to him.

PS: I have been to a Jimmy Carr show where he said what he considers possibly the sickest joke he will ever say. If you have any form of morals, stay away. This is the sickest joke told by possibly the sickest comedian in the entirety of the UK. You have been warned!!!

Last edited:

Hans

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I'm a pretty big fan of all aspects of humor. I like anything from dry and witty to completely ridiculous. What do I do to make people laugh? Anything. Mostly it's dry wit, but also some self-deprecation, and.. well, whatever the situation calls for. Basically I'm just nutty.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
it depends a lot on who i'm with. around people i don't know very well it can seem like i don't have any sense of humor at all. around some people i catch myself trying to sort of mimic their senses of humor and make the sort of jokes that they would make -- it's usually pretty unsuccessful.

with my family, or with certain close friends, entire afternoons can be spent in non-stop laughter. i can't think of any way to describe my sense of humor -- it's mostly just about noticing all of the world's delightful little absurdities. i don't think it's particularly unique, or something that ordinary people wouldn't get. i just don't feel comfortable enough to really cut loose around people i don't know really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.