What is your mail client?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, we've got loads of threads it seems about browsers, but what email client do you use?

I mostly use Thunderbird, but I've been forced to use Outlook at some points (damn you MS Exchange server). I also make occasional use of webmail or mutt.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Maybe I don't entirely know what an email client is, but I just use the little browser that Gmail provides. I really only have two accounts so having something combining them isn't very useful for me.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah, that'd be webmail. Email client isn't necessarily about combining your email accounts, just using them in general.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Well, isn't that what Thunderbird is designed to do? Like Pidgin, or something. Oh well. -1 for other :D

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]Usually Gmail nowadays but in the past I have used Thunderbird and Operas inbuilt email client.[/font]

B

Butterfly Mage

My primary email client is my Blackberry. I also use Windows Live Mail for archiving email for later referencing.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
For actual e-mails, I primarily use my Verizon mail (which I have to transfer to my Yahoo mail). I also use one of my Hotmails, and AIM for talking online. I thought I had a Gmail one at one point, but I have no clue what it was. I also used to have a Comcast one...Yeah, I have a lot of e-mails.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Ya missed a good one in your poll.

Incredimail

Lots of good styles and notifiers. It talks to you too.
I've been using it for over 8yrs, since the development of virus targeting outlook email programs.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Webmail!! :D

Gmail all the way.

You know, traditionally webmail has sucked donkey balls, but I must say gmail is actually a webmail I enjoy using :p. And the new Yahoo! mail isn't too bad either.

Ya missed a good one in your poll.

Incredimail

Lots of good styles and notifiers. It talks to you too.
I've been using it for over 8yrs, since the development of virus targeting outlook email programs.

Interesting! I'd never heard of it before. I'll look it up.

EDIT: Looks like they're not Linux-aware. I went to download it and without even asking which OS, it sent me to a .exe. Oh well, so much for that :p.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
Thunderbird!

It's just plain sexxi!
Plus it really... really.... really likes gmail.

Role
  1. Private
I've never even heard of most of the ones on your poll. I use Yahoo.

Last edited:

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. These are all webmail :p. It's just a blanket term for any mail you access using a web browser instead of a dedicated email client.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Interesting! I'd never heard of it before. I'll look it up.

EDIT: Looks like they're not Linux-aware. I went to download it and without even asking which OS, it sent me to a .exe. Oh well, so much for that :p.

Incredimail is only available for Windows OS.
I read on thier site, a few years ago, that they were thinking of making a Linux version, I guess they didn't.

Last edited:

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Why would a person use a non-webmail?
What is something significant they can do that can't be done with Gmail?

I've tried several times to get OutLook working. It doesn't have a 'send' button.
Never again!

James

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I use gmail, through my browser. I don't really have a email client like thunderbird or Outlook.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Why would a person use a non-webmail?
What is something significant they can do that can't be done with Gmail?

I've tried several times to get OutLook working. It doesn't have a 'send' button.
Never again!

I feel exactly the opposite :p. I question why anyone would want to use webmail. Although, some of the newer webmail interfaces are actually pretty good.

I like having a dedicated program for it. I leave it run all the time and it notifies me when new messages arrive. I also have various filters for it that filter my mail into different folders based on the messages (wouldn't be surprised if some webmail had this now, too).

But yeah. I think the same argument applies to why would you use a non-web based IRC client, or AIM/MSN client. Because it's just nice that way haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.