Your Diaper Brand Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiGuyBw

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am curious to hear from others what their "Diaper Journey", if you will, diaper brand journey throughout life has been. I'll fire away on mind. As a prologue, I was a very late potty trainer. I think I was 5/6 before I was out of diapers in the daytime. I was also a bedwetter from after 5/6 to 14 when I started wetting the bed again. Then I stopped wetting around 17 and picked up again after college when I was 23.

0 - 6: Regular baby diapers. Probably huggies or Pampers.
6 - 15: Goodnites until I was 13, then it was Depends.
15 -17: Abena M4
23 - 28: Returned to Abena after 6 years of being dry just because I could vividly remember that brand. I also knew Depends were awful for me when I started to wet heavier, so that made the choice super easy, lol.

28 - 30: Betterydry. I switched from Abena because I wanted a little bit more absorbency, without getting as much as MegaMax provides. The waistband on Betterdry also works much better for me to prevent leaks. Though Betterydry is more expensive, I like the more absorbency compared to Abena. Extra piece of mind is ALWAYS worth the extra cost.

So that's it. What has everyone else journey looked like? I have tried a lot of brands over the years (especially in my early 20's). Betterdry is my favorite mid-upper range absorbency medical diaper. I also have a couple MegaMax bags on hand for long car rides, flights(when we can fly again), etc. I also have ABU SuperDry Kids and Simple's on hand for my "more fun" AB diapers.

So, let's hear what everyone's journey has been thus far. Bonus: you can add a summary of what you have on hand and why (like I did above) if you'd like.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
I have no idea what I had when I was a kid, since I wasn't a late potty trainer as far as I'm aware, but in my adult life I started with Rearz Lil Monsters (too big for me, but oh well), then Abena M4 (also too big) then ABU PreSchools, then Abena S4, then Goodnites, then back to Abena S4 with the occasional Rearz Safari thrown in. I still have a lot of brands to try as well.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and ChiGuyBw
I know mine very well:
  • 0-1: Cloth diapers from Baby Diaper Service in Seattle (which still exists)
  • 1-3: Curity "Day/Night" prefold cloth diapers
  • 3-5: Underwear only. Booo!!
  • 5-12: Curity prefolds (literally the same diapers I'd worn as a baby, which my parents had kept around after sis and I were potty-trained)
  • 12-18: Mix of Pampers, Huggies, Luvs (purchased with my allowance) and the always-present Curity prefolds
  • 18 (last four months): Underwear only. Had just moved to college and wasn't settled enough to resume diaper-wearing.
  • 19-35: Still mainly using modded/extended Pampers and Luvs, but occasionally dabbling (and dribbling) into Depend or Attends. No reusable cloth diapers at all during these years. Didn't really like the medical-ness of adult incontinence diapers, and wasn't really aware of the ABDL diapers that started coming out toward then end of this period.
  • 35-42: Back to cloth prefolds, this time in adult sizes (mainly Changing Times brand). Also amassed an enormous stash of the baby kind, including vintage Curity, used for extra padding and sometimes makeshifting. Usually have a small bag of ABDL disposable diapers in my stash, as a backup for when I know I won't be able to do cloth diaper laundry. Cushies were my favorite backup disposable for some time, but the Kiddo and Magnifico are more common now.
  • 42-44 (present): Also added some all-in-one cloth diapers (DependEco, DideeQueen) to my stash. Still mainly wearing prefolds.
...and even now, I'll occasionally still mod/extend Pampers or Luvs, or buy GoodNites to see if they've gotten any better. Having done that for so many years, I've found it a hard thing to shake. In the end: My diaper preferences have taken a few twists and turns over the years, but have mainly broadened. While I have my go-to favorites, I can be happy in most babyish adult diapers or actual baby diapers, whether old-school or new, disposable or cloth. Pins, tapes, velcro, snaps, plastic backed, cloth backed, etc., etc. My only real hard stop is medical-looking stuff.

Last edited:
0-4 years old: I can't remember exactly but it was normal baby diapers until I was 4. Probably Huggies, but possibly Luvs and/or Pampers
4-5 (or 6): Huggies pull-ups
5-8 (or 10): Huggies diapers for bedwetting
12-13: I tried Goodnites for the first time secretly for fun as I explored my abdl side a bit more
14-16: I tried Tranquility ATNs as my first tape on diaper since being younger and some years after that tried Safaris
16-19: Tranquility ATNs and Abena Abriform M4
20+: At some point in my 20s when I started buying more diapers I started getting more abdl-centric ones

My later wearing in my teens up to my early twenties. I didn't wear that often and don't remember the exact windows of time I tried/wore different brands, but I do remember the order I tried them. Now I pretty much only buy abdl diapers. I feel they're usually overall really good quality and I like the cute smol graphics they have (and cute wetness indicators some of them have too haha). There's still lots I'm curious about trying and if it's a diaper, i'll probably like it plain and simple 😅. But now I'm pretty much dedicated and happy with ABU Peeakabus, Little Pawz, Dinos, and Bunny Hopps and cycle through those while occasionally getting different packs here and there. If I saw the pamps I'd have when I was first exploring my abdl-ism I'd probably be stoked and/or slightly concerned maybe xD

I'll make mine short and sweet

I was born at a very young age in 87 and had regular plastic backed diapers till age 2 or whatever

Age 18 saw adult diapers for the 1st time in garbage (unused), so I took them and tried to put them on(didn't work too well)

Age 23 bought my 1st l
Pack of goodnight

25 or 26 bought from xp medical for 1st time, then Amazon, ebay, and wearing clouds etc.
I only buy high end abdl diapers now, and use baby diapers for stuffers

I was in cloth plastic pants until 2 years old. Had the fetish young.
Paid for depends or attends at age 16.
I had surgery with kidney stones, which cause issues at 17, and use Attends and Depends on school plastic back at the time. Before surgery.
Only use a diaper at night until I was age 27. Then things changed.
I started having seizures 5 times a day, which made me a full-time diaper user. The seizure I would wet 95% of the time. I stayed living with my parents, diapered.
It took 10 years to get my seizures under control. Note on the kidney stone surgery plus being diapered I had dribble, so I just stayed diapered.
10 years later, I live with two cats and diapered.

0-2 I don't know what diapers, but probably pampers
3-10 normal undies
11 brief experimentation with Attends pull ups tied around my waist like the baby mouse in tom and Jerry
12-18 normal undies
19 tried Abena L4 and ABU Little Paws. Loved it and got hooked
20-25 experimenting with different kinds but my favorites are Northshore Supreme Lite and Crinklz

Good thread!
0 - 2 Plastic-backed Pampers nappies
4.5 - 7.5 Ditto but largest size
9 - 14 Boots Pharmacy Own-Brand largest size (6)
15 - 16 Tena Slip Maxis exclusively
17 - 19 Tena Slip Maxis, Molicares, Both Lilles (cloth-backeds by mistake), UK Attends and Cuddlz (my first ABDL brand)(I also got a foldable adult square from Cuddlz which I no longer have).
19 - nearly-30 Tenas remain my fave like background noise (if that's understandable) but I'm not fussed (I even still experiment with towling), bar Tranquillity ATNs, Depends 6 tapes (if they really are back), Northshores, Fabine, Bambino Cloudees, Aww So Cute, Littleforbig, PeekABUs, Rearz Alpacaz and Tykables Camelots (and of course European and obscure foreign brands) *breath in* I've pretty much worn everything on offer!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
GISW

Last edited:
Have no idea what i wore as an actual baby but guess that as this was the 70's i used cloth and plastic pants...

Early 20's - I returned to nappies in my early 20's with some boots (chemist in UK) own belted briefs... Then discovered some Tena Pullups left after an Trade fair at work. It was difficult to get adult sized pull ups regularly so generally just wore baby nappies in my underwear but didn't use them

Late 20's - Via this strange thing called the Internet discovered Medical nappy suppliers who delivered to my door (WOW what a game changer)

30's - bit of a hiatus on wearing and using nappies but did wear baby nappies (soaked with tap water) as a sexual kink.

40's - Returned to wearing nappies as a DL rather than for need. Started with Abena L4 and a selection of ABDL print from Save Express - Tried Rearz inspire - MyNappy Colour - Fabine...

over the last 5 years i have tried most brands and styles of Nappy currently my firm favorites are Daytime - Always discreet - At Home and night either ABU PeekABU's and Simple Ultra...

I now find it difficult to out of a nappy at Night so am mainly wearing at night daytime is generally OK except from when commuting...

This is fun!
0-3 pampers
3-10whatever I found available
10-15was wearing my great grandpa's depends pretty frequently.
15-18 varies types of diapers.
18- 22 started wearing cvs brand plastic diapers
22-30s discovered online purchasing of diapers.
At 24 I met a guy who wore diapers 24/7. He was super excited that I wore diapers. We talked about it some. He left me 3 or 4 different kinds of diapers. I remember one of them being a purple molicare. During this time I also found Bambino's. I've worn alot of different styles of diapers all my life I always like trying new diapers.

0-approx. 3 cloth diapers with plastic pants
3-12nothing. still wet bed regularly
12 attends or depends belted garments. Wet the floor sleeping in a sleeping bag visiting family friend... grandmother forced me to wear them
13-23 nothing. Wet bed regularly til like 18 though
23-36 DL side came out manically, tried pretty much everything. Basically anything that wasn’t DL themed. loved ten slip maxi, and dry 24/7.
36-39 full time incontinence started with change of bipolar meds so now 24/7/365. Decided that incontinence was preferable to being suicidal so when I hit a working combo of meds I stuck with it. Tried various pull-ups, but found Northshore Supremes and rediscovered Comfidry 24/7. Primarily Supremes.

Reactions: ChiGuyBw
0-3 terry towel nappies and pants
3-10 nothing
10-37 pants filling
37-40 tena , original betterdry
40- 45 cloth , better dry , Rears and Tykables

0-3: Plastic backed disposables
4-10: Wet beds-Vinyl backed cloth pads, mattress cover, and bath towels used if bed got wet.
11-19: Stole baby diapers from cousin's stash to wear inside underwear when I can
20-30: No interest in diapers (college years, young married adult)
30-35: Goodnites, ATN Diapers, Depends Diapers
35-now: , Goodnite Inserts, SDK, Crinklz, BetterDry, Northshore Supreme, Dependeco AIO (briefly)

Last edited:
0-3: Pampers, back when they were plastic backed.
4-22: Nothing, however, it was at this time, roughly at the age of 4, I was a starting to become a DL, on the outside, looking in, as I was keen to keep it a secret from everyone I know.
23-present: Depend fitted briefs.

Reactions: Absorblock, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Subtlerustle
0-3 cloth and plastic pants as per family pics
14 pampers, Luvs, Baby Scott, misc plastic backed baby diapers
14 to present in order: Medical diapers called Buddies, Wings, Passport(?) these were folded like the 80’s vintage pampers, 80’s Depends and Attends. Pretty much was Attends as a go-to for a point up to 2005. From then it was whatever plastic backed that was available until the AB revolution. There is so much good selection now I can’t be loyal to one diaper or brand. Current stash about 150.

Reactions: Absorblock
0-3 Pampers diapers (70s) 4-6 Plastic covered training pants(before pull ups) 7-10 regular underwear 10-28 regular underwear/ makeshift diapers & plastic pants 29-33 Depend plastic briefs/ regular underwear 34-39 Attends waistband/regular underwear 40-44 Bambino Biancos/ regular underwear 45-present Confidry 24/7 and regular underwear I mostly wear all white diapers over the years, its what I grew up with and loved. Ive tried others here and there though.

• 0-2 - Cloth Diapers and Plastic Pants (probably Curity brand, diaper pin style)
  • 3 - Cloth training pullups with plastic pants
  • 4 - Found my cloth training pants in a cardboard box in the basement, used them, got caught
  • 5-6 - Occasional bedwetting accidents, diapered in a pink towel by my mother when I had two accidents one night, cried and cried
  • 6 - Accidentally wet my pants at aunt's house because I was having too much fun playing with cousin and didn't make it it time.
  • 10-12 - Makeshift diapers out of towels and trashbags
  • 13 - stole a Huggies from my nephew
  • 14-15 - more makeshift diapers of towels and trashbags
  • 16 - duct taped Luvs diapers together for a size to fit
  • 17-18 - Depends
  • 19-22 - Sabbatical (gave up diapers for three years)
  • 22-24 - Back to Depends, everything from belted undergarments to Depends overnights (remember the green plastic?)
  • 25-30 - Explored Attends, Molicare, and several medical brands
  • 30-40 - Holy crap!! There are actual adult baby diapers out there with baby prints!!! Bambino Teddy Print, Dry 24/7 (was mainstay till they stopped making them and then remade them as Confidry 24/7 and felt like an industrial diaper), then eventually found Aww So Cute, which became my go-to diaper. Also numerous cloth and specialty diapers such as Dependeco.
  • 40+ - Became disappointed with quality of Aww-So-Cute, found Crinkles, then Bear Hugz, Dotty the Pony, Barnyards, other Rearz prints, and now my favorite Little for Big Vintage Baby.
So there you have it. My diaper history in a post.

Always looking for that next coolest product.

I'm from the UK and born in the mid-80's.

Age 0-2 - Pampers nappies (Unknown type) until I was potty trained
Age 3 - Put back into Pampers for long car journeys etc., but mostly regular underwear
Age 4 - Started to have constipation and bladder issues so back in Pampers occasionally at home
Age 5 - Spent a week in hospital due to the above, wore unknown nappies the whole time I was there
Age 5-6 - Wore Pampers Ultra when I started school and occasionally at home as well as for long journeys etc.
Age 6-10 - Moved into the the newly released Huggies Pull Ups. Didn't really wear them to school, mostly at home when I hadn't been to the toilet in a while and would often have accidents in my underwear. This continued until I was 10 years old until my parents stopped me wearing them.
Age 7 - Went on holiday to the coast, had an accident on the sea front so wore a nappy home, can't recall what brand
Age 11-14 - Was mostly past the issues I had a child, didn't wear nappies during this time
Age 14-15 - Discovered that I wanted to wear nappies again after stealing one out of a relatives changing bag. Can't remember what brand it was and putting it on in my bedroom. After that I got some from a supermarket baby change room where they had them on a rack. It would have been a Tesco own brand, plastic backed. Did this on a few occasions.
Age 15-18 - Plucked up courage to buy some nappies from a supermarket across town, cycled there on my bike. Bought Pampers Baby Dry Size 6 which I think were the biggest at the time. Didn't quite fit right but I made it work by adapting them, sticking two together. Tried a few others from Huggies as well as supermarket own brand but the Pampers worked best.
Age 19-24 - Seemed to lose interest due to other things in my life and didn't wear nappies at all during this time. Although I still thought about them.
Age 24 - Had some time away at a sales conference and I went on eBay beforehand and ordered a pack of Bambino Classico’s from the US. Wore them the whole weekend when I was in the hotel room and loved it!
Age 25-34 - Started a new career, moved into my own place with my now wife. She didn't know that I liked wearing nappies at time. Started ordering Cuddlz nappies online as they were readily available in the UK. Wore these whenever I could for a number of years. Bambino were them available in the UK so bought some Classico's, Bellisimo's, and Teddy's and more recently Magnifico's. Wore these as well as the updated Cuddlz (which I didn't like) before discovering Tykables a few years ago. Started with the Overnights then Galactic. This year I bought my first pack of Rearz Barnyards and love them!

Hoping to try some different brands soon, particularly Crinklz :)

If anyone is interested in reading more about my journey to becoming a DL then please read go the about section in my bio 😁 Thanks!

Now let’s see...

Age 0-3 3/4 (for need) - Cosifits, Peaudouce and Supermarket own-brands.

Age 4-6 (early DL) - sister’s Ultra Pampers for Girls

Age 6-9- whatever I could pinch from others. I remember wearing Sainsbury’s own brand, a brand called Staydry (not Boots), Pampers Phases, Huggins Ultrathin from Kleenex.

10-12 - Makeshift using towels/ kitchen roll and plastic bags. One occasion with free cloth backed Pampers from a change Station that I put in my underpants.

12-18 Boots Staydry (first plastic, then very bad cloth backed).

18-20 Tender Night

20-21 - Molicare Super Plus and Abena XPlus

21+ Abena L4, Molicare, Cuddlz, Bambino, Betterdry, ID Slip, Kendall Lille... basically tried all of them at some point. Favourites are now Drylife XPlus (L4), Formacare X3 and Easyslip, Molicare Maxi.

Reactions: LittleScotty
Here’s mine:

Not sure what I wore as a baby.

Then it was whatever I could get my hands on until I turned 16.

16-26 - Depends Max Protection

27 - Tranquility ATN

28 - Abena Abri-Forms / Attends w/ Waistband

29-30 - Molicare Super-Plus

31-33 - Tena Slip Maxi

34-35 - ConfiDry 24/7

36-Present - MegaMax

Reactions: LittleScotty
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back