Your Definition of 24/7

What criteria do you use for 24/7 diaper wear?

• Diapers are only worn (or rare incontinece)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Diapers are worn and sometimes used.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Diapers are usually used.

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Diapers are used always for urine.

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Diapers are used for both #1 and #2

Votes: 33 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have heard many people here mention that they wear 24/7. This leads me to wonder how is this defined. Does this mean just always wearing one, but rarely using? Complete diaper use? Somewhere in the middle? After pondering this a while, I concluded that this will mean different things to different people. Therefore, i am curious to know the poll results of how you define wearing diapers 24/7.

While I have worn diapers for extended time periods, never have I absolutely refused to use a toilet during these times. The last time that I wore for an extended time period was right after knee surgery. For the following month, I think that I was wearing diapers 24/7. The first 4 days was thick diapers and very few trips away from my lounge chair. As my knee felt better, the toilet was used more often. During the last week, I went through very few diapers, but was still wearing 24/7. I never wear diapers to any medical appointments. I had to attend physical therapy three times a week for a few hours at a time. Also, my doctor had me stop by a few times. I never wore diapers to any of these. This is close enough to 24/7 for me. Additionally, #2 always went in the toilet. That is too much work to clean up.

How do you define 24/7?

kidiak

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I don't and don't intend to, but if I were it would personally be used always for urine.

Although your average person would prob think always #1 and #2

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
As far as my case goes.

I always use my diapers for wetting. I typically make messes in the potty... but if I have to do it in my diaper I will.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
When I did my very short 24/7 thing...I did #1 and #2...I made sure that when I did #2, that I did it shortly before I was going to take a shower, so cleanup would be slightly easier

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well personally if I say "I am going 24/7" that means I am wearing 24/7 and wetting in it all the time, and only messing on extreme circumstances. Like if I have to go really bad and all the public bathrooms near are nasty and I know I will be home with in the next hour or less I would do it. Unless there was lots of people that I personally knew, around me.

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Technically, 24/7 diaper wearing encompasses all of your options, since the wording does not specify anything about use.

Role
Diaper Lover
Well, I don't mess in mine... just have no desire to do that and then deal with the cleanup. However, if I were to consider myself "24/7" then I'd say exclusive use of the diapers for #1, only not wearing in the shower or if messing in the toilet.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For me it would mean #1 only, but wearing all the time. I find #2, well, disgusting to do in a diaper. But, that's just me :p.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I put “Diapers are worn and sometimes used.”. The question about wear not use so I take it to be diapered when not naked. Often when I’m in diaper mode I’ll try to USE 24/7 avoiding toilets when not diapered like at work.

Nam

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've been wearing 24/7 the past week, just wetting though. I can't stand messing >.< its icky. but my idea of 24/7 is wearing diapers all the time except for when i gots to mess dats all ^^

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I consider just wetting fine for 24/7. Its really hard to clean the other thing up. Plus its just a bad idea to do #2 out in public.

Role
Private
As far as I'm concerned, "24/7", as the phrase implies, is someone who must wear diapers for round-the-clock protection.

E

Error404

Depends really (No pun intended.)

Wearing 24/7 - Disgression of the wearer.
Wearing 24/7 whilst looked after - Disgression of the wearer/carer/agreement between both
Using 24/7 - Depends on the person.

No one, really, is bound by any 24/7 rules without a reason like a physical 'disability'.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
I've always thought of "24/7" as wearing (and thus using) diapers full time, only exception for changing or taking a shower/bath. If you happen to need to go #1 or #2 while undiapered in those situations, there's the toilet available, for all the rest of the time, use just diapers.

I've never been able to fully achieve the "24/7" wearing status since I'm in a number of social situations where I really don't feel like being in diapers. Nonetheless, I get so jealous when I read about people who have more guts than me and go straight through the 24/7 path. :p (there's even an adisc group for it now, damn, I must do something!!) :cool:

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I can not say that I am 24/7 though I am padded 90% of the time, and use when I can. Though I know that when I am out and about there is no way to go #2 at work or school in the middle of a 12 hour shift or when I am teaching. So I keep that to home and when have to (shower just after). Though I think that it depends on the person’s daily life as to how they are able to achieve "24/7". He is always in his other then the 1 hour to dry out and shower time. Though there are times that one can not do what is needed in a diaper with the facilities you have available if you have an extended time to wait.

I suppose it all depends, or are ones opinion and we know those can be like diapers and stink.

dirtbike4x4

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think we pretty much fall into four basic catigories on this one.

First are the people who like to wear, but even if wearing 24/7 would not use it very often, and only for pee if they did.
I don't and don't intend to, but if I were it would personally be used always for urine.
Second are the people who would pee in their diaper most/all of the time if wearing 24/7, but would not poop in it if there was any possible way to avoid it
For me it would mean #1 only, but wearing all the time. I find #2, well, disgusting to do in a diaper. But, that's just me :p.
As far as my case goes.

I always use my diapers for wetting. I typically make messes in the potty... but if I have to do it in my diaper I will.
Third are the people who would pee in their diapers most/all of the time if diapered 24/7 and would poop in their diaper if the need came up and it wouldn't be to big of a hastle to clean up and they aren't around people they know or in an inappropriate place.
When I did my very short 24/7 thing...I did #1 and #2...I made sure that when I did #2, that I did it shortly before I was going to take a shower, so cleanup would be slightly easier
Finally there are the people who would do both when ever the need arose if they were diapered 24/7. I am also including in this group people who have to wear around the clock to prevent from peeing and pooping themselves and have little to no control over it.
As far as I'm concerned, "24/7", as the phrase implies, is someone who must wear diapers for round-the-clock protection.
I've always thought of "24/7" as wearing (and thus using) diapers full time, only exception for changing or taking a shower/bath. If you happen to need to go #1 or #2 while undiapered in those situations, there's the toilet available, for all the rest of the time, use just diapers.
See where you fall in those groups.

As for me, I would put my self in groups 3 and 4. for the time being, whenever I wear, even if it is not part of a 24/7 binge, I always pee if I have to. This includes when I wear to school, home, etc. If I am wearing, and I need to poop, I usually will. So long as I am not at school, in a crowded public place with no where to change, or in some other totally inappropriate place. For me, pooping in my diaper isn't really a big deal, in fact I actually enjoy it. As for the clean up, thats usually no big deal either, as long as I don't sit down after pooping my diaper or other wise squish it around and then change promptly.
Now if I decide at somepoint to do what luvsgurl and darkfinn are doing and pretty much wear 24/7, then I would most likely use my diaper for both when ever the need arose.

Role
Private
I have heard many people here mention that they wear 24/7. This leads me to wonder how is this defined. Does this mean just always wearing one, but rarely using? Complete diaper use? Somewhere in the middle? After pondering this a while, I concluded that this will mean different things to different people. Therefore, i am curious to know the poll results of how you define wearing diapers 24/7.

While I have worn diapers for extended time periods, never have I absolutely refused to use a toilet during these times. The last time that I wore for an extended time period was right after knee surgery. For the following month, I think that I was wearing diapers 24/7. The first 4 days was thick diapers and very few trips away from my lounge chair. As my knee felt better, the toilet was used more often. During the last week, I went through very few diapers, but was still wearing 24/7. I never wear diapers to any medical appointments. I had to attend physical therapy three times a week for a few hours at a time. Also, my doctor had me stop by a few times. I never wore diapers to any of these. This is close enough to 24/7 for me. Additionally, #2 always went in the toilet. That is too much work to clean up.

How do you define 24/7?
24/7 for me is now defined "when I have a weekend and get around to wanting to wear a diaper before Sunday".

Funny story, though: 7 years ago I ruptured a couple discs in my back going down some steps (idiot me wanted my medical bills and sued a state in the US for just that - $5k for what could have gone into hundreds of thousands of dollars - but I digress...). After the accident, I was bedridden for a week and eventually got out of bed because I was fed up of looking at the ceiling.

You would not believe the fear that a potential BM could put into someone until you've broken your tailbone and slipped some discs.

Here's the funny part - at an perfectly opportune time for diaper-wearing, I just couldn't do it. I suppose because it would mean giving up any kind of control whatsoever over my body, and THAT was not the time for it. I peed in bottles that week and tried a diaper just a couple of times. I was getting changed, but couldn't really lift my butt up to make it easy (back injuries will do that kind of thing).

So, long story short: when I had the chance, when it all came down to it, I wasn't able to go through with it. I think, for me, diaper-wearing is best in moderation and as a novelty.

Isn't this - novelty - what makes a fetish distinct from the mundane?

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Isn't this - novelty - what makes a fetish distinct from the mundane?
Well, I am well past novelty. I started out wearing 24/7 two and a half months ago, mostly because I was fed up with the urge incontinence (when I stop noticing my body (including you bladder) when I concentrate on something, my bladder would tell me it is full, by 'leaking') that I have dealt with my whole life.

I have just let my bladder do it's thing, without interfereing anymore, which has resolved a lot of stress in my life. When I started out this time, I took into account that permanent loss of bladder control could be a result, and accepted that. Well, I am not sure if I lost control yet, but I will leak, and just wet without noticing most of the time now.

The novelty sort of stopped a few weeks in. But since I wear about 90% for the advantages I get from wearing, and only about 10% for fun / fetish, that is not really a problem for me. It is kind of nice (in a weird way) when I notice how my bladder is leaking small amounts every now and then.

I wake up wet every morning, and often an hour after putting myself into a dry nappy, I will notice that it is not so dry anymore, without any recollection of wetting. But that is just what I wanted, I outsourced the brain capacity I used to need to keep 'dry'... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.