Your Computer Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

FJR89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just curious because I've seen that a few people like video card (hopefully PC gaming :p) and I'm wondering what kind of hardware you're all running.

Sorry if I seem to post threads about other stuff than diapers but to be honest I'm not really sure what to do about them, I'm a little inexperienced in this field.

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Computers! The best topic that isn't related to diapers or the other stuff, lol.

I run a computer my father built for me as a 'bare bones system' basically designed so that once I get money I can upgrade it.

My computer specs are the following:
Windows 7 64 Bit Home premium.
I have 8 Gigs of ram
I run an AMD FX(tm) 6100 6 core processor running at ~ 3.3 Ghz.
I have an AMD Radeon HD 5450 running at 1 gig of memory.
My harddrive is 500 GB.
The motherboard is an Asus M5A 78L-M LX Plus

As for accessories I have a wireless logitech m510 with 5 buttons and a 4 way scroll wheel. An Acer Keyboard model 2971 lol... and a Samsung SyncMaster 760VTFT monitor at the resolution of 1280 x 1024.... it's a sad small resolution I know... but i love my monitor... lol.

LittleAcorn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I once started counted the number of computers I have at home, but eventually gave up. Here's partial list:

Several Raspberry Pis, doing various things (including one hooked up to the tv running xbmc).
An old mac mini (intel 32 bit) that used to be hooked up to the tv, and is now retired after lengthy and valient service.
A fancier media center pc (pre-haswell nuc) that was going to be hooked up to the tv, but I never got around to it once I realized the pi did all I needed. It now hosts several VMs.
Personal laptop (~2-3 year old macbook air)
Other personal laptop (most recent thinkpad with a *real thinkpad keyboard*, not the chiclet keyboards they have now) - running arch linux.
Other older personal laptop, running windows 7 for the occasional time I need windows.
Work laptop (15 inch retina macbook pro :)).
File server running FreeNAS with tons of storage (~20TB available in a striped raidz2 configuration).
Backup fileserver with zfs replication from the primary (because backups are important).
Supermicro xeon E3 with 32GB memory I built for running VMs with Centos 6 and kvm.
24 port gigabit cisco switch (does this count? I can ssh to it :)).
Older intel atom for my router.
Older sparc64 workstation running OpenBSD, although this is currently off because one of the fans got too loud and I haven't replaced it yet.
There are more, in various states of repair.

As you can tell, I'm not really into gaming, so my answer probably wasn't what you were looking for. I'm much more likely to get excited about a computer with serial console access than a fancy graphics card :). Or a real serial terminal - I occasionally look on ebay for real vt100s. Although a nice graphics card to play around with GPGPU stuff might be fun. I've considered litecoin/dogecoin mining as a justification for one, but power is too expensive here, so it's not worth it.

FJR89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I once started counted the number of computers I have at home, but eventually gave up. Here's partial list:

Several Raspberry Pis, doing various things (including one hooked up to the tv running xbmc).
An old mac mini (intel 32 bit) that used to be hooked up to the tv, and is now retired after lengthy and valient service.
A fancier media center pc (pre-haswell nuc) that was going to be hooked up to the tv, but I never got around to it once I realized the pi did all I needed. It now hosts several VMs.
Personal laptop (~2-3 year old macbook air)
Other personal laptop (most recent thinkpad with a *real thinkpad keyboard*, not the chiclet keyboards they have now) - running arch linux.
Other older personal laptop, running windows 7 for the occasional time I need windows.
Work laptop (15 inch retina macbook pro :)).
File server running FreeNAS with tons of storage (~20TB available in a striped raidz2 configuration).
Backup fileserver with zfs replication from the primary (because backups are important).
Supermicro xeon E3 with 32GB memory I built for running VMs with Centos 6 and kvm.
24 port gigabit cisco switch (does this count? I can ssh to it :)).
Older intel atom for my router.
Older sparc64 workstation running OpenBSD, although this is currently off because one of the fans got too loud and I haven't replaced it yet.
There are more, in various states of repair.

As you can tell, I'm not really into gaming, so my answer probably wasn't what you were looking for. I'm much more likely to get excited about a computer with serial console access than a fancy graphics card :). Or a real serial terminal - I occasionally look on ebay for real vt100s. Although a nice graphics card to play around with GPGPU stuff might be fun. I've considered litecoin/dogecoin mining as a justification for one, but power is too expensive here, so it's not worth it.

That is quite a list, also love those Xeon's. I have something like 6 old Woodcrest (basically Conroe) Xeon's in my draw that I can't do anything with because they are LGA 771. Might look for a board sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

Computers! The best topic that isn't related to diapers or the other stuff, lol.

I run a computer my father built for me as a 'bare bones system' basically designed so that once I get money I can upgrade it.

My computer specs are the following:
Windows 7 64 Bit Home premium.
I have 8 Gigs of ram
I run an AMD FX(tm) 6100 6 core processor running at ~ 3.3 Ghz.
I have an AMD Radeon HD 5450 running at 1 gig of memory.
My harddrive is 500 GB.
The motherboard is an Asus M5A 78L-M LX Plus

As for accessories I have a wireless logitech m510 with 5 buttons and a 4 way scroll wheel. An Acer Keyboard model 2971 lol... and a Samsung SyncMaster 760VTFT monitor at the resolution of 1280 x 1024.... it's a sad small resolution I know... but i love my monitor... lol.

I'm not a huge fan of AMD anymore though I do like their APU's but looking at that the only thing that needs upgrading is the video card and maybe an SSD if you want quicker access times and loading times.

lilkayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
This is my main desktop:
Case: Antec 1200 ultimate gaming case
Mobo: Evga x58
Processor: Intel core I7 2.66ghz 920 OC @ 3.2 with corsair H70 enclosed liquid cooling
Ram: G.Skill 24gb PC3-12800 Ram
Graphics: MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC GeForce GTX 570
Hard Drive: Western Digital velo-raptor 150gb 10000 rpm, Western Digital Black 1tb 7200 rpm, Western Digital Black 2tb 7200 rpm, Seagate 1tb 7200 rpm
Power Supply: Antec 850 watt truepower Quattro

Accessories:
Keyboard: Razer Battlefield 3 Edition Black Widow Ultimate
Mouse: Mad Catz M.M.O. 7 Gaming Mouse
Headset: Logitech G930 7.1 wireless
Monitor: Samsung 32" UN32EH5300 Smart TV

SleepyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
i'm actually in the middle of setting up a raspberry pi so that i can terminal to it through bluetooth.

other than that my laptop is a MSI GT60.
cpu: intel core i7
ram: 12gb
hdd: 750gb 7200rpm
graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 675M/2gb GDDR5

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I'm not a huge fan of AMD anymore though I do like their APU's but looking at that the only thing that needs upgrading is the video card and maybe an SSD if you want quicker access times and loading times.

Video Card is horrible, it rarely can keep up with the rest of the system. It's funny, I can play really intensive games, I just can't play anything that is graphically intensive, lmao.

MysticalMelody

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I built mine from scratch about 2-3 years ago for a grand. It was the most awesome project I had in a long time, and I don't regret it in the slightest!

What I've got inside:
Windows 7 64bt Ultimate
6gigs of Ram
Intel Core i7
NVidia GeForce GTX 560Ti (my last card exploded, so I got a bit of an upgrade, thanks evga)
I've got two hard drives, one sitting at a solid terrabyte, and a second at half that for backups and art files.
The motherboard is an Asus Sabertooth, heck if I know the model numbers anymore, its been awhile.

The rest of my computer...is not so fancy, until you get to the drawing tablet. $20 mouse and keyboard logitek combo, cheapest CD drive I could find, and a $80 set of speakers with built in sub woofer. The monitor is an LG, on the small side, I think 18inch? with a resolution of 1900x600. But the HD tablet is where compy shines, a Wacom Cintiq 13HD with all the fixings. I could hug her, she was worth as much as the computer!

FJR89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I built mine from scratch about 2-3 years ago for a grand. It was the most awesome project I had in a long time, and I don't regret it in the slightest!

What I've got inside:
Windows 7 64bt Ultimate
6gigs of Ram
Intel Core i7
NVidia GeForce GTX 560Ti (my last card exploded, so I got a bit of an upgrade, thanks evga)
I've got two hard drives, one sitting at a solid terrabyte, and a second at half that for backups and art files.
The motherboard is an Asus Sabertooth, heck if I know the model numbers anymore, its been awhile.

The rest of my computer...is not so fancy, until you get to the drawing tablet. $20 mouse and keyboard logitek combo, cheapest CD drive I could find, and a $80 set of speakers with built in sub woofer. The monitor is an LG, on the small side, I think 18inch? with a resolution of 1900x600. But the HD tablet is where compy shines, a Wacom Cintiq 13HD with all the fixings. I could hug her, she was worth as much as the computer!

Sweet, those 560 Ti's are still beast cards today

- - - Updated - - -

Video Card is horrible, it rarely can keep up with the rest of the system. It's funny, I can play really intensive games, I just can't play anything that is graphically intensive, lmao.

A GeForce GTX 750 should be a decent upgrade, cheap, powerful and they don't use a lot of power

My Specs are these:-

Cooler Master 335U Elite
Intel Core i3-2120 (Long live Sandy Bridge)
MSI Z68A-G43 G3 Motherboard
Kingston Hyper-X Blue DDR3-1600 4x1GB
WD Caviar Blue 500GB for OS and Programs
WD Scorpio Black 750GB for Storage
OCZ Technology ZS Series 550w PSU
MSI GeForce GTX 660 2GB Gaming (I have the GTX 650 Ti installed at the moment)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Not the most powerful computer in the world but she is quite a beast though I will be getting 2x4GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury White DDR3-1866 RAM within 2-4 weeks and hopefully a Core i5-2400 before the summer is out.

justhere

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Sissy
My desktop is currently comprised of:

Corsair 200R Case
Corsair CX600 PSU
AsRock Pro3 Z75 motherboard
i5-3350P @3.7Ghz
12GB of RAM (8GB was a gift)
Radeon 7770
1x60GB SSD
1x250GB HDD
1x3TB HDD

Peripherals:
Shitty AOC 1600x900 monitor
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry MX Blue)
SteelSeries WoW 11-button mouse (I don't play WoW)
Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I also have a Nexus 7 2013 and an Asus 1005PE netbook. Debating on making a keyboard case for the Nexus or getting something like an Asus UX21e, VivoBook, or HP 2560p for college this fall.

Looking to upgrade the desktop to an R9 280/280x in the future.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Dell Pentium 800 Win98SE for most of my needs but I had to get this Compaq 990mhz WinXP box to stay online with most sites. It sux really as my CAD software won't work on it and my Office 97 that cost 2 weeks pay is trapped on the 98 box so I have to run both. Now my new XP looks outdated and I just bought it! FU Bill Gates!

FJR89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Awesome! I count myself as very lucky then :3 I mean, I figured if it was free (replacement, free, whatever) how good could it be, right?

I'd stick with it mate unless it is starting to struggle in games, if that is so then an upgrade would be a good idea but you should be fine.

What games do you play?

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I've "only" laptop Acer Extensa 5632ZG with Ubuntu 12.04. No too bad, but if I'd take what I really want, so it'll be some machine with AMD procesor...

Another dates:

Doubble Procesor Pentium dual core CPU 4400 2,2 GHz
4GB RAM
Video card Nvidia Geforce G105M
HDD only 114GB (changed, original HDD 350GB destroyed because shity windows...)
CD/DVD RW & Blue Ray read only drive.

AshleyTcd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
hey iv a custom built pc and these are my specs
850w alpine psu
8gb ddr3 ram not sure that brand or type
320gb windows 7 ultimate 64bit drive sata
500gb sata games and storage
120gb ubuntu sata
dvd bruner
1gb nivida 620gt
asus m5a07 R2.0
X-FI Soundblaster music with front panel
45 in 1 card reader
amd fx4170 quad core cpu with auto overclocking enabled

MysticalMelody

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
A handful of stuff, though nothing I really consider graphic intensive. I HAD to upgrade from my dieing laptop that played games at 5fps or less.

I play the Warcraft menagerie (World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo 3, and Hearthstone), some steam titles like Terraria, Plants vs Zombies, and Duck Tales, and lastly some Sims titles and old NES/PC games from the 80-90's. Though where my computer shines is the fact that I run Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver all at once, while drawing things that could be blown up onto a billboard with little/no distortion. Though I didn't buy the tablet until later, that really was my bigger priority.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I have two main ones. My desktop is a gaming machine it has:
AMD FX8350 8 core oc 4.6 ghz
NVIDIA GTX 770 4GB EVGA
16GB GSKILL ripjaws ram
Asus Cross hair 4 formula Z mobo
Just upgraded to a 1200 watt psu
256gb ssd
2tb hdd
Corsair liquid cooling
Win 7 ultimate and ubuntu 14.04
Future plans: 3 Gtx 780i sli, larger case, bigger liquid cooling.

Laptop is basic core i5 dual core 6gb ram ubuntu 14.04 and kali linux

FJR89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
NVIDIA GTX 770 4GB EVGA
16GB GSKILL ripjaws ram
256gb ssd
2tb hdd
Corsair liquid cooling

I was just about to ask why you need a 1,200w PSU then I saw the 3 GTX 780 Ti's :)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
CPU/Mobo: 3570k that I stupidly paired with a non-OC Mobo (Asrock B75 Pro3).
GPU: XFX 7870 GHz edition (single fan)
8GB of DDR 1600 MHz ram from G. Skill (ripjaws I think, kinda cool heatsink fins)
250GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD running windows 8.1 (use classic shell. its free and boots right into desktop mode)
1TB WD HDD with Windows 7 installed on it.

- - - Updated - - -

NVIDIA GTX 770 4GB EVGA
16GB GSKILL ripjaws ram
256gb ssd
2tb hdd
Corsair liquid cooling

Three 780's but using AMD CPU. Just, why? :(

In my case I'd plonk down for a i5 at least or a i7 and settle for two GTX 780's.

ForeverSmall

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
286 White Box
200 Mhz MMX P1
256 MB RAM
40 GB HD
Windows 98 SE

....Being such a troll.... Actually I do use this computer a lot.

Powermac G5
Dual 2 GHz
6 GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.