Yes or no answers - useful or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayannight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I got sent a questionnaire the other day -not a marketing thing but a genuine piece of research, Among the questions were:

If you have a diaper on for one kind of incontinence (i.e. fecal) would you use it for the other (i.e. urinary) Yes/No?

My answer: This is stupid - my answer has to be "sometimes" and it all depends on circumstances - if I need a poop and I am near enough a toilet I will use it - if I am too far away I will use the diaper without feeling I had done something wrong.

If you are wearing protection will do you use it even if you might be able to get to and use a toilet in time?

My Answer: This has to be another "sometimes" answer as I need to be really sure I am in control before I will go to the trouble of getting out of a diaper to avoid using it for the purpose it was made for.

Less polite answer: Have you ever experienced the mess you can make of yourself and the bathroom if a strong pee stream starts as you are half in and half out of your diaper?

You are in bed in a clean and dry diaper but need to "go" (bladder or bowel) -would you use the diaper or go to the bathroom?

This is another question that can only be answered conditionally as there are so many variables - how long till I get up - how cold it is - have I something to pee in in the room - am I short of diapers - if I use the bathroom now will I be wet or pooped again by morning anyway? etc.

Less polite answer: I bet you would!

Are you comfortable about wearing diapers (nappies in the UK)?

Answer: Depends how full they are.

Last Question - have you any comments or suggested questions?

Answer: Yes if you were to take this ill thought out survey and shove it up your A***, would you take your diaper off first?

Maybe I am being too hard -comments welcome.

Haha...well, I like your final answer. I think it would have been mine as well.

If you have a diaper on for one kind of incontinence (i.e. fecal) would you use it for the other (i.e. urinary)?

Um, If I have a diaper on for fecal incontinence, wouldn't it likely be just as usable for urinary incontinence? If I have both fecal and urinary incontinence, how am I supposed to separate my diapers for just one or the other? Aren't the diapers that are good for one usually good for the other? To put it simply, OF COURSE I'LL USE IT FOR BOTH IF I HAVE BOTH KINDS OF INCONTINENCE!!!

You're right that these seem to be very poorly thought out questions. Somebody needs to go actually talk to legitimate researchers about how to write these things.

AnalogRTO said:
Somebody needs to go actually talk to legitimate researchers about how to write these things.

Not sure this would help! :) I have seen a number of surveys that were written by 'professionals' that were not what I consider good question/responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back