XP Medical Re-design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the ONLY warehouse they have now. No Michigan No California anymore. Guess they are relocating Arkansas to be go to for those bunkers in the Ozarks huh ? Ever notice how obscure banks from overseas are setting up shop in the cities around the bunkers .

I'm actually a fan of the ATNs as a budget diaper, but they're not selling them at the best price I've seen them at.

xpluswearer said:
.... by the way I clocked it and the website loads slower now....

Interesting. Care to share your data? What is the total difference?

I'm waiting for a reply from XP Medical via e-mail right now myself. I just ordered two cases of diapers from them and was very surprised on Saturday when the order showed up and it was two half-cases. Never had a problem with orders from them before, so I'm hoping this is just a one time thing.

I posted over here about my order arriving with a lot of incriminating information on the box (including a packing list!), which was a little disconcerting. One of the things on the box was "Midastate Medical Supply" which I'm guessing is a misspelling of "Midstate" since there were no Google results for the former. Midstate Medical Supply is in Montgomery, Alabama. So maybe this was a merger of some kind?

XP Medical was merged with another company XP Medical name will survive. Gary will be stepping aside Nicholas will be carrying the torch further along with new staff etc etc . New shipping warehouse was not complaint with the Discreet packaging that has since been fixed retraining of shipping staff has been done and corrective action has taken place. They apologize totally for everything. just a update for the ADISC community here.

I placed an order after the redesign and the boxes were unmarked except for the label and (new) packing contents slip that clearly showed what was inside. Furthermore the return address now identifies as "medical supply" instead of xp Gary Evans like it said in the past.

I hope the new owners ultimately make the company better and more profitable. So far, a little disappointing.

Oh, and I'm on the west coast. One advantage xp always had for me was their Ventura California shipping center. It took noteably longer this time around. Not a deal breaker. But NorthShore no longern is at comparative disadvantage shipping from Illinois.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPRLuv85 said:
I think I've found some bugs in XP's pricing as well. Currently if you select medium Dry 24/7's, it is more expensive per diaper ($1.72) to order a half case compared to ordering just one bag ($1.59).

After shipping though, it's still cheaper. The half-case includes shipping.

xpluswearer said:
Its the ONLY warehouse they have now. No Michigan No California anymore.

So what part of Arkansas did they relocate to? I'm assuming near Memphis since there is a large FedEx hub there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnalogRTO said:
I'm waiting for a reply from XP Medical via e-mail right now myself. I just ordered two cases of diapers from them and was very surprised on Saturday when the order showed up and it was two half-cases. Never had a problem with orders from them before, so I'm hoping this is just a one time thing.

Update on mine, they emailed me back, acknowledging a computer glitch and are shipping the remainder of my order to me.

Congrats to Gary for building it up and being able to sell it and move on. But it's also sad to see someone who was pretty committed to having decent incontinence products on the market move out of the field. He was able, seemingly singlehanded, to get Abena to restart plastic backed production for his stock. Then he started his own line of products.

Hopefully the new owners are as good as Gary, but history shows that quality suffers when you buy someone else's hard work instead of building it yourself.

xpluswearer said:
Its the ONLY warehouse they have now. No Michigan No California anymore. Guess they are relocating Arkansas.

That's too bad. The warehouse in Ventura was within driving distance, and although I haven't ordered for them in a while, it was nice being able to go there in person to pick it up.

I just received a purchase from XP Medical yesterday, and on the box it says XP Medical on it, not very large, but it was next to the label and clearly visible to anyone trying to read it. I don't care what my roommates would think, but I would rather save myself the explanation and just pick up the case from FedEx hold, and bring it home on my own time when nobody else is around.

Wow...total bummer that XP was sold. I had nothing but great, reliable experiences from them over the many years I bought from them. Thanks for all you did for our community, Gary. Best of luck in the future!

Based on the recent reports of non-discreet shipping, guess I'll be switching my business to Northshore for all my non AB/DL diapering needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back