giantguy99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I can see their business strategy here and it is actually a really smart move on their part. these diapers appear to be comparable to Dry 24/7 and this is just a test run to see if they can take over that part of the market that Dry 24/7 is about to lose. Those diapers have a capacity of 86 oz which is only 3 oz less then what the old Dry 24/7 could hold. In order to cut costs (and potential losses if this idea goes south) the diapers probably will not come with leg gathers or leak guards but let's just ask XP medical if we could just have them added in as a option that results in more money being paid for by us rather then make it a standard design feature and they may be amiable to doing that for us. It can do no harm in simply asking. But that price tag is insane even without leak guards and in terms of absorbency maybe they wick so fast they may not need leak guards anyway? Or maybe you can get a booster with it's own built in leak guards as well to get around that issue(provided it is a problem in the first place)?

I am going to give them a phone call at 11 AM this morning(8 AM PST) and ask them if these come with leak guards or if they have a booster with built in leak guards.

Bored4351

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I was just about to share this information. You beat me. Haha.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Good timing for Gary. I got a pack of level 3's being delivered today. I went ahead an ordered a pack of level 4's. Will give them try and report to Gary what I think of them. From what it looks like they could
be my morning diaper.

Costs per diaper at XP Medical's current listed price.

Dry 24/7 $1.65 per diaper

Level 4 $1.38 per diaper

That's case price with free shipping.

Last edited:

giantguy99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
Just a FYI I went to college to learn how to become a accountant and was only 8 classes away from graduating with a associates degree in accounting when things went south for me(8 years ago). I took some business related classes obviously and I highly respect XP medical's business strategy here. Basically they are getting ready to capitalize on what could be a Dry 24/7 debacle here and that is really smart on their part. There is some risk here for them but the potential reward is worth that risk and that's saying something from even a partially educated rookie like me.

giantguy99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
Well they have no leg gathers or leak guards so I suggested to the guy who answered the phone that they might want to make a booster that has built in leak guards of it's own to help sell the new diapers they are making.

Binky

Rep for Binkygirl AB Creations
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
accepted. Every diaper has leg gathers. They have to because other wise there would be no way to keep the fit around the leg. Leg gathers are the elastic part on the outside of the diaper that goes around the leg. I have never seen a diaper with out that and do not even know if it is possible. Leak guards are not always needed but very welcomed. When I have the money I am going to order some to see how they are.

KenworthW900b

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
With the most excited expression my face can muster I say friday is payday and I will certainly be buying a prepaid credit card so i can give these new diapers a whirl. I am happy there are people like Gary at xp that actually have a clue about the diapers they sell.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Oh, I was planning to wait to buy diapers until Dry 24/7 got their act together. One of you just messed that plan all up.

Thanks for pointing out the new diaper option. Was getting rather annoyed waiting on Dry 24/7's.

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered an 8 pack of both mediums and 2 packs of large plus 4s to give them a try.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Private
I'll spring for a pack of each with my regular Abena order on Fri.

if it works out, bye bye 24/7, sorry, I'm still trying to figure out what in the hell happened to you.

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
They look thick! I wish these had the standing leg cuffs like the Bambino diapers. :(

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Despite this product not being imported to Europe - just as the old Dry 24/7s - I'm eager to hear about the impressions of who's gonna receive some of them in the next days. The description sounds very promising, and the pictures make it look inviting.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
A week ago I had ordered a pack of the level 3's and I got the order yesterday. When I opened the box there was two packs of diapers in it. When I looked at the packing slip Gary had included a pack
of the new level 4's on him. I wore one this morning and I'm impressed with it. It's as large as a Dry 24/7. The only markings on the is some printing down the center which acts as a wetness indicator.
I got size large and there bigger than the old Dry 24/7 that I have in medium. I'm going to wear one for overnight tonight as a test. I'm not planning on using these for overnight since my overnight ones
are cloth AIO's. I'm going to report back to Gary Monday my thoughts on them. One thing they do need is double tapes as well as leak guards. The fit is real good and for me the single tape isn't an issue.
For people who are bowel incontinent I think will need the leak guards. The one I changed out of the one I wore after 7 hours and I was well pleased with it. No clumping in the crotch and my skin was dry
when I took it off. I didn't count the number of times I wet it, but wicks real well either standing or sitting. If anyone has questions you can PM me.

PaSS

Hi *looks down shyly*
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
are there standing leak guards ?

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Just visited the XP Medical site and Gary has sold out on the first run of medium size diapers. He said he will have more to ship on 2-7-2014. I ordered a case of large ones. I also emailed him and canceled my
preorder for Dry 24/7's. For now it's bye-bye Dry Care.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Why is Dry 24/7 about to lose costumers did something happen

Gary at XP Medical came out with a new diaper line that will compete with the Dry 24/7. I already have some of them and am impressed with them. Their a few cents a diaper cheaper than the Dry 24/7 price.
Their plastic backed, soft, highly absorbent, fit well, and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.