• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

XM Satellite radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have XM Satellite Radio in my truck which I enjoy very much. Mine is a after market radio and was very well installed by Circuit City(which is now out of business). I had my truck in to have the windshield replaced and in doing so the antenna cable was pinched and made my XM receiver not work. But the place where I had the windshield replaced made good and I took my truck to Best Buy and they reimbursed me the $83.00 dollars to have the antenna replaced. The jist of this post is to warn others who may find themselves in a similar situation and tell who ever is working on your vehicle you have Satellite Radio installed. :)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
My dad just bought a 2009 sliverado and it comes with XM as well, but it's bulit in. However I don't know of any really good stations on it, however if he keeps it I am going to ask him to get the best of sirus as well. I want those NFL games especially my Rams and 40whiners.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I got XM the weekend after it came to market... Paid over $400 for a hardwired Pioneer unit. It was great for the first few months, but all the music stations seemed to play the same stuff over and over. I ended up only listening to the talk and comedy stations.

It's been shut off for years now, but I still have the big box in my trunk, and the huge (compared to the tiny ones nowadays... the original was a big as my fist) antenna still stuck on my roof. Nowadays it's easier (and free) to stream music off the internet and send it to the radio via bluetooth.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The one on my dad's new truck looks like a tiny black sharkfin. :p

It' also picks up HD radio too, I think. I still haven't found anything good other then Classic Vinyl and Alt Nation. All the other rock stations don't play anything too good.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
My father's 2004 Z71 Silverado has XM built into his BOSE sound system receiver. Needless to say, FM or AM isn't ever used :p.

thedlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I have the XM built into my 2008 GMC Sierra and I rarely use the regular radio. There are some stations that play the same songs over and over, but there are so many stations to choose from that I never get bored of it. I like that I can drive wherever I want to and never have to change the channnel if I dont want to.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have had 4 cars so far with sattilite radio 3 GM's and one Mazda, I think it sucks they keep bugging me to renew the subscription I would rather listen to FM radio at least it dosn't skip as much as XM.

You won't get me to pay for radio it's bad enough I have to pay to see TV.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I know what you mean about the skipping. My son has Serius and when we went up for a Baltimore Oriels game, he had to constantly change his radio tuner to keep what we were listening. It seems archaic.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It seems archaic.
That isn't a fault of Sirius... Only a fault of using an FM modulator. He'd be much happier with a line-in adapter, and they're quite cheap for most cars.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I mostly listen to the 60s on 6 or 70s on 7. I also like listening to the Cubs games too on the way home from work. I use XM most in my home on my computer. Like now on Saturday evening I am listening to the Cousin Brucie show on 60s on 6. They will also continue to play the old Kasey Kasem American top 40 radio shows too. They are on channel 7 at 12 noon on Sat and replayed at 9 am on Sun(all times are Eastern time). The 80s channel plays it at 8 pm on Sunday evening. These shows are done with no commercials too

BabyDemon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I love my XM subscription. I love never having to change the radio station on a long car ride unless your tired of the music your listening too. I love not hearing the same 6 adds over and over (Well when I'm not listening to the talk stations that is)

O&A and Jason Ellis Rock!

CiviChriSi

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I have XM radio in my car. Some times i find its like cable. You can spend five minutes going through stations for something good to listen to. hehe

On a related topic, anyone own any shares of Sirius/XM? lol I bought some a few months ago and have gained 200% (bought at $0.13 and its at $0.428) so far. lol

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have XM radio in my car. Some times i find its like cable. You can spend five minutes going through stations for something good to listen to. hehe

On a related topic, anyone own any shares of Sirius/XM? lol I bought some a few months ago and have gained 200% (bought at $0.13 and its at $0.428) so far. lol
42 cents a share isn't that great. But as a consumer of it (free trial my dad gets with his new truck) I will admit it's pretty badass even if I'll never listen to Latin or Hip-hop stations.

While riding with my dad I been turning it on fox news and America right so he would be more willing to keep it. Of course when I get a job I'll most likely pay for it myself. It would be really handy on the long trips to Oregon. 8+ hours drives.

CiviChriSi

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Its a long term investment lol. Plus you know what they say, the higher the risk, the higher the payout (or loss lol).

I listen to it all the time while in my car. I find regular radio has wayy to many commercials. Its so annoying!

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I had Sirius a few years ago and really regret the lack thereof. I let my account go defunct about two years ago when I got a new CD player for my car (hahaha, did I ever think I'd be just using my auxiliary for an iPod two years later?), so I haven't listened since then.

I loved Howard Stern and still do. I catch Howard at any chance I can. Besides that, I always loved the classic radio dramas and comedies. There was a station that always played them, and I loved being able to hear The Shadow and The Whistler and The Lone Ranger and a bunch of other dramas from the golden days. I followed those like people do television nowadays -- I used to listen to them growing up with my Dad, and I wish that radio dramas still existed nowadays.

Come on, was Lamont Cranston not the fucking most badass motherfucker ever?

I get a chance to hear XM a little more frequently (or aren't they combined now? I don't remmeber), and I absolutely adore their 40s format. While I've always been a fan of older music, the 40s channel runs each day as if what you're hearing is actually being broadcast in the 40s, with "news" and everything. I especially love it around the anniversaries of historic World War II events. It's like going back in time, and for a history buff, it's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.