Xbox 180?<New Systems>|Will it come out?/Anticipation/talk/features you would like

Status
Not open for further replies.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have been hearing very little news about the Xbox 180
The People On Youtube said:
Will it come out???
The Features i would like:
Internet Browser[so i can acess adisc:D]
thats all i can think of.
for now:smile1:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I doubt that would be the name of it...It's too early for them to come out with a new system anyway...

F

FullMetal

This is from a Microsoft Conference

The Xbox 180 (cute new nickname for the original Xbox that is sweeping the nation) didn’t have much of a presence. Just that games such as Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Destroy All Humans 2, and LEGO Star Wars II will all be playable at E3.
But I am still unsure. I mean, Microsoft, in my opinion, should make a portable x box kind of system, juts to compete with the PSP and DS, but what ever. If it does come out...I would get one :)

FullMetal

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh...So 180 isn't a new system...It's just the original Xbox...I think Microsoft has said they aren't going to go into the handheld game system...Nintendo has that market won...

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
yeah, i too, remember seeing a PR post by microsoft saying that sony and nintendo had that market filled and will not be venturing into that zone.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
I don't think they will be releasing a portable or hand-held system anytime soon, and heres why:

Firstly, they're already working on the successor to the 360 - I think that's keeping their attention behind the scenes for the most part. There are no details about it, but you know they are. They started work on the 360 very, very shortly after the release of the original xbox.

Secondly, even if the next xbox console isn't taking up their time, there is no point in wasting valuable money or resources to developing a hand-held when. Like Pojo said: Nintendo has that market taken over, and Sony isn't much a competitor to Microsoft these days.

Finally... there have been rumors of a hand-held/portable Microsoft console for years, and there has never been any substance to those rumors.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it could be cool. I doubt I'd ever get it unless it was really nice... I have no needs for a portable console since I don't do much lengthy traveling.

I suppose we all have to wait and see if anything comes out at this year's E3. If they were ever going to announce something like that, it would be there and then.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
:confused:
I play my PSP and DS at home pretty often.
Yeahhh... I could do that but I already have a 360, will have a PS3, and have a bomb PC right now. No really need to add a PSP to the list lol

Though I do want to play the Metal Gear that's out for it... and the God of War... Mmmm... tasty.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yeahhh... I could do that but I already have a 360, will have a PS3, and have a bomb PC right now. No really need to add a PSP to the list lol

Though I do want to play the Metal Gear that's out for it... and the God of War... Mmmm... tasty.
I beat God Of War on my psp in about 6 hours. I beat MGS:pO in about 10 hours. The plotline was all just about the money from the end of MGS3. To me it served little to no purpose at all. Also the lack of dual sticks and a small screen makes MGS feel horrible.

I like Ridge Racer better then both of them.

AshleyAshes

Moderated
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't see much space for competition in the handheld market now. The DS is the popular quirky toy hand held and the PSP is basicly a PS2 that fits in your hand that's also a multimedia playtoy. There's no space for another device and Microsoft has had enough issues in keeping their Zune afloat. Microsoft is in their second generation of game systems and are still seen as the 'newbies' to the industry. A hand-held would be short sighted and finally, Microsoft has ENOUGH problems in attraction developers...

...Dispite all that, I admit a hand held version of Halo would be pretty neat and it's also why I've been dreaming of a Half-Life 1 port for PSP. :)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
and it's also why I've been dreaming of a Half-Life 1 port for PSP. :)
FPS games are bad on the psp. The reason, theres no dual sticks unlike a ps2 controller. Also a Half Life 1 port on the psp will be even worse then the PS2 one and even that wasn't that good compared to the PC version I think.

not to mention the PSP screen glares like nothing I ever seen even on overcast day. I know how to put music and movies on my PSP but the speaker on the psp is really weak. I really dislike my PSP but there are decent games on it just not nearly as much as the DS has.

The PSP has been called "The Jack Of All Trades, The Master Of None." Also the PSP also has dead/stuck pixels and the most use you can get out of it requires you to hack the systems OS. Anyways I perfer my DS over the PSP but at least I do have both.

AshleyAshes

Moderated
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have a lot of experiance with the PSP and even mod them using custom firmware. I havn't had any issues with glare on my PSP and I really love it, I specificly use a silver slim model. Even without modifications to the firmware however it's pretty great. It's a pretty good music player, though no iPod but if you primarily want a music player you shouldn't be getting a PSP. It's a pretty good video machine, especially with the TV out cables you can connect it to any TV and show off content quickly and easily. It's video support is pretty strong however it's kinda picky in terms of specifications, namely getting resolutions and framerates right. For games, well it is what it is, it's a Portable PlayStation, it can play most of the calibur of games the PS2 can do and gets a lot of sidestory games that are part of PS2 franchises or now many of the later model PS2 games are being ported to PS2 and PSP simulaniously. I love my PSP for the classic arcade compilations that Midway, Namco, and Capcom have put out for it. Things like Katamari, Crisis Core and others are a lot of fun too.

I find that FPS games on the PSP are fine if they are tailored to the PSP specificly the MOH games as well as Ghost In The Shell make far better use of the PSP than some others do that make awkward use of the control. Not to mention, Ace Combat X, rawr, Ace Combat Jetty Goodness. :)

Of course the game I play the absolute most on my PSP is Pinball Hall Of Fame: The Williams Collection since I adore pinball and love playing threw some of the Williams tables.

I'd say it's a jack of all trades with the exclusion of games where it does as well as you could expect from a PlayStation 2.

Oh and the PSP is great for reading scanned manga on! :D

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
things i like about portables is the fact that there is a lot of home brewed stuff for them. i can use fruity loops (a music creator) with the ds and it would feel and work awesome to jot down ideas on the go. as far as backwards compatibility goes, you can always download an emulator to the psp i'm sure.
oh and for the truly handheld ps2 check out ben heck (The Official Site of Benjamin J Heckendorn)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It's a pretty good video machine, especially with the TV out cables you can connect it to any TV and show off content quickly and easily.
How do I get video out on my PSP??? oh wait I can't since I got the first model, Thank you sony! Anyways I heard all it does is blow up the image/video thus reducing its quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.