Wrath of Lich King Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
To all you WoW players who want to be in the Lich King beta so badly but can't I have a surprise for you.

sorry this is illegal, I have removed this link because it contains illegal acts in it, and I am about to uninstall lich king off my computer, thank you, SAMAKI

It is a private server that is really fun to play in, but it has a little secret, it uses the Lich King beta Clent to run a lich king beta private server for one of its server, it takes about an hour or 2 to dl then about another hour or 2 to install. IT IS REALLY FUN!

They have a lot of places open, not all yet but a lot. It hasn't been updated to the latest patch that I know of yet, so u cant dl the patch I think its like .8134 or something like that -.- I dunno it should be on the instructions for it.

I would really like people to join me, I will post some vids of it l8er on, and yes it does use the REAL beta so everything in it is from the REAL lich king beta, besides the stuff the developers added themselves XP, which is only like some games and parties and stuff.

Last edited:
G

gamebaby

wow thats a good idea im so there. just hope my mom will lwt me dl

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
To all you WoW players who want to be in the Lich King beta so badly but can't I have a surprise for you.

funserver.cc

It is a private server that is really fun to play in, but it has a little secret, it uses the Lich King beta Clent to run a lich king beta private server for one of its server, it takes about an hour or 2 to dl then about another hour or 2 to install. IT IS REALLY FUN!

They have a lot of places open, not all yet but a lot. It hasn't been updated to the latest patch that I know of yet, so u cant dl the patch I think its like .8134 or something like that -.- I dunno it should be on the instructions for it.

I would really like people to join me, I will post some vids of it l8er on, and yes it does use the REAL beta so everything in it is from the REAL lich king beta, besides the stuff the developers added themselves XP, which is only like some games and parties and stuff.

It is NOT the beta, the game isn't even in beta yet, what you're playing is the ALPHA, furthermore there aren't any mobs in the leaked alpha client, all you'll do in it is run around naked in a half finished world.

wow thats a good idea im so there. just hope my mom will lwt me dl
English, do you speak it?!

Samaki

Contributor
Role
yeah SRY alpha, although they call it beta XD.... anyways, there aren't many mobs in this version, although there are enough to get u to 80.... Mainly I haven't really lvled much, but I think u lvl from like 70 - 73 in the outlands then u go to northrend to lvl to 80... the lowest guys in north atm i think are lvl like 75s

Role
Oh and lol private server using scrubs....I had to >_>

Role
Sissy
Cause its not totally against WoW ToS or anything right :rolleyes: not too mention illegal. Really I cant see it being actually anything like the real wotlk because the person trying to create the private server is hardly going to have access to all the necessary files.

Anywho just wait for the game too actually come out, or hope you get given a beta key. Seriously you'll just end up ruining it all for yourself. :twocents:

Role
Cause its not totally against WoW ToS or anything right :rolleyes: not too mention illegal. Really I cant see it being actually anything like the real wotlk because the person trying to create the private server is hardly going to have access to all the necessary files.

Anywho just wait for the game too actually come out, or hope you get given a beta key. Seriously you'll just end up ruining it all for yourself. :twocents:

It's not, I have the hacked alpha client on my computer, everything is untextured no mobs, and the ones that are added on PoS servers...er I mean private servers are glitchy as hell.

Role
Diaper Lover
English, do you speak it?!
MOTHER******!

You know I would play it, but first I need to get to level 70.

Oh and WoW has bored me quite a bit, Warhammer time.

Role
Sissy
It's not, I have the hacked alpha client on my computer, everything is untextured no mobs, and the ones that are added on PoS servers...er I mean private servers are glitchy as hell.
Actually it is illegal, private servers alone are illegal. Add in WOTLK alpha and you've gone way past "sorry I didn't know hacking your game was illegal"
Anyways I'm not going too bother arguing about it. If you want to waste your time screwing around on private servers feel free.

Role
Actually it is illegal, private servers alone are illegal. Add in WOTLK alpha and you've gone way past "sorry I didn't know hacking your game was illegal"
Anyways I'm not going too bother arguing about it. If you want to waste your time screwing around on private servers feel free.
Really I cant see it being actually anything like the real wotlk because the person trying to create the private server is hardly going to have access to all the necessary files.
That is what I was referencing to, look at my sig, does it look like I play a private server...

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Actually, When Wrath of the Lich King does come out, it wouldve been done for weeks.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
lol it may be against terms of service but I do believe its not illegal, unless the people have to pay for it, and you name it World of Warcraft. which this is, but O WELL XD. Thats why they have donations, not pay to play and you get better stuff.

Also I play too XD, only lvl 46, and Im going to quit soon because Im sooooo bored right now, and I can't find ANY quests to do in my level..... I was going to try and lvl my lvl 14 mage to 70 by wotlk but I dont feel like trying cause i know im prob gonna give up just like i did my hunter.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
lol it may be against terms of service but I do believe its not illegal, unless the people have to pay for it, and you name it World of Warcraft. which this is, but O WELL XD. Thats why they have donations, not pay to play and you get better stuff.

Also I play too XD, only lvl 46, and Im going to quit soon because Im sooooo bored right now, and I can't find ANY quests to do in my level..... I was going to try and lvl my lvl 14 mage to 70 by wotlk but I dont feel like trying cause i know im prob gonna give up just like i did my hunter.
The only fact that you use private servers is illegal, so just... Don't try to plead your cause.

Role
Sissy
That is what I was referencing to, look at my sig, does it look like I play a private server...
Sorry, me jumping too conclusions again! I figured you didn't play solely private because of your signature.

Samaki - Screw around with all the classes and find one you enjoy playing. Set small goals and for god sake take breaks :p I've actually got two 70s, though I quit a couple months back too take a breather as my spot in the guild got shafted due too mass recruiting :(

But I've played all characters too at least level 20. It took me quite a while too find a class I wanted too stick with, I love Druids! (I've got 3 in fact) I also use too play a Rogue which is another great class. Currently waiting on WOTLK so I can give Deathknight a go. Hopefully I'll get a decent raid roster at 80 too. PvP bores me so if I don't get too raid I lose interest fast.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Omg deathnights are kidna annoying, but then again i nvr really got used to them by lvling them -.-... also Im not trying to plead my case im stating the fact, they are not illegal, they are just against the ToS

Why WoW private servers are legal, and some questions of my own. - Mac Forums

so your right the beta is illegal, kinda although they would not stand up in court, but a normal private server i know for a fact is NOT illegal, and this is just the first link on google, there are probably many more.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html;jsessionid=DA543F51E1FA7779B8AA0AF4CE406E93?topicId=4913973005&sid=1

Read the post by the Community MVP (guy with green text), I do not condone in illegal acts though, thats one of the reasons I knew that this was legal, I researched it because I did not want to do illegal things. I do enjoy the topic we are on though, maybe I should rename this, are private game servers illegal? and have a debate on them or something -.-... and ill get rid of all the links in the first post.

Also if Blizzard did take you to court over connecting to a private server, you could just ask "Why single me out for connecting to a private server, it states specifically in the ToS that you are not aloud to modify the progra or files in anyway, that means that all addons not created by blizzard are against the ToS." So really they won't take you to court over a normal private server because that would probably make them look bad, because they did not write their ToS carefully enough.

if they had said something like "You are not aloud to modify or change and program or files in the World of Warcraft program file EXCEPT those found in interface" Also now that I think about it, deleting your WTF folder could also count as breaking the ToS even though the mods tell you too.

Last edited:
Role
Omg deathnights are kidna annoying, but then again i nvr really got used to them by lvling them -.-... also Im not trying to plead my case im stating the fact, they are not illegal, they are just against the ToS

Why WoW private servers are legal, and some questions of my own. - Mac Forums

so your right the beta is illegal, kinda although they would not stand up in court, but a normal private server i know for a fact is NOT illegal, and this is just the first link on google, there are probably many more.

WoW Forums -> Are private servers illegal

Read the post by the Community MVP (guy with green text), I do not condone in illegal acts though, thats one of the reasons I knew that this was legal, I researched it because I did not want to do illegal things. I do enjoy the topic we are on though, maybe I should rename this, are private game servers illegal? and have a debate on them or something -.-... and ill get rid of all the links in the first post.

Also if Blizzard did take you to court over connecting to a private server, you could just ask "Why single me out for connecting to a private server, it states specifically in the ToS that you are not aloud to modify the progra or files in anyway, that means that all addons not created by blizzard are against the ToS." So really they won't take you to court over a normal private server because that would probably make them look bad, because they did not write their ToS carefully enough.

if they had said something like "You are not aloud to modify or change and program or files in the World of Warcraft program file EXCEPT those found in interface" Also now that I think about it, deleting your WTF folder could also count as breaking the ToS even though the mods tell you too.
Wrong, for one thing MVP on the forums != GM's, I've asked multiple GMs and they have confirmed that they are illegal to use, thus more you can change the interface folder and delete that WTf folder since that is only a record, your realmlist is an actual game setting.

They wrote the ToS fine, it's just people pourposly mis-interpret them to benefit themselves.

So pay your 15$ or stop stealing money from them.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I actually am paying my 15 dollars -.- i keep forgetting to end my service besides, I just thought it would be a fun way to get together. I actually really never play Private servers, I find them boring, only time i will play on one is if I'm EXTREMELY bored past the point of no return, or one of my friends tells me to get on one. I just thought it would be a fun way to get together and talk like i said before, I enjoy doing that.

I wish that they had a second life that was in between adults and kids so that it was like a game that adults were aloud to play yet it had no 18+ areas, personally I play adult second life, but that's ONLY because I cannot get Teen second life to work... and I NEVER go into the mature zones, EVER. Even if someone says there nothing in there I usually won't go in.

Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
If the private server you guys are talking about is anything like the ones that got released for the BC alpha back when that was the new hotness they're not illegal. Why? Because you're not stealing anything. The alpha client is provided to you free by blizzard. Granted they may not intend for anyone except the invitees to download the client but they are providing it free of charge on a public, unprotected website. The private server, judging by some descriptions in this topic, is not actually a private server but a sandbox. The difference is that while a private server attempts to emulate Blizz's server code (and thus uses copyrighted data without permission) a sandbox merely tricks the PC client into thinking its connected to a server (and thus all the code being used is something you obtained legally). By doing that you're able to run around in the game world albeit without any scripts running like AI, spawns, transportation, etc since those things are all controlled by severs.

Now I didn't bother to check through all the crap linked to in this thread since I don't play WoW anymore and thus don't really care. If there are scripts running in this private server (spawned NPCs for example) then yeah, its technically illegal since you're using copyrighted data without consent from Blizzard. But if all it is is just running around an empty world in your underwear and having to use warp codes to fast-travel/go to different continents and instances then its legal since all the code you're running is the code that came with your game and the alpha version, both of which Blizzard granted you consent and license to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.