• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

WOW! Furries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverSmall

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
How do you guys feel about gays furries and other non ab oddballs? I personally think no one has the right to treat others unequally, especially all of us AB/TBs. In my school news paper there was an article about gay people that featured a comic about a straight couple making rude comments about a gay couple. The straight husband leads his wife of wearing a leash and collr. I was like WOW Furries making fun of gay people!

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
No matter what, some one is going to be oppressing someone else. It's just the way things are. That's not to say we shouldn't try to avoid it, but it still happens nonetheless.

Role
Private
How do you guys feel about gays furries and other non ab oddballs? I personally think no one has the right to treat others unequally, especially all of us AB/TBs. In my school news paper there was an article about gay people that featured a comic about a straight couple making rude comments about a gay couple. The straight husband leads his wife of wearing a leash and collr. I was like WOW Furries making fun of gay people!
Err...well, seeing how enough non straight, furry, and generally non majority options there are for our profiles here, because of the numbers of those people who show up on the site...I'd say our gay babyfur, gay, bi, trans, sissy, bdsm, furry, diaper fur, gay abdl, gay daddy, bi daddy, bi baby, and watersport loving DL members here are all fairly openminded when it comes to their orientation and so don't mind themselves at all. We've always been a furry and alternative friendly site.

As for that comic....I think the suggested idea was that the straight couple was supposed to be "kinky." Most furries don't walk around in a leash and collar all day.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
As for that comic....I think the suggested idea was that the straight couple was supposed to be "kinky." Most furries don't walk around in a leash and collar all day.
i think the idea was that the couple was being closed minded to a subject while they participated in something that most other people would be closed minded about. irony.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
I mock other peoples fetishes and odd lifestyles all the time, likewise I laugh at my own quirks. If other people can't take it that's too bad. I'm not to blame for your insecurities. Go grow some testicles

I personally think no one has the right to treat others unequally
It's a shame you were born in an imperfect world

The first step to equality is to stop freaking out over petty jokes. Accept that aspects of your life are bizarre and laugh

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Where does one buy the seeds for those anyway?

X

xdeadx

That would probably be more of a BDSM joke most likely.

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I was at Youmacon (an anime convention) last weekend where I saw a few furries. Well they had animal tails so I assumed they were. There were others with the neck chains and it looked really cool but I was too shy to talk to any of them. Which reminds me, since Ell from Death Note sucks his thumb a lot, anyone reckon he's an teen baby? (j/k)

Have there been any tv specials on furries? The more I think about it, I'm surprised the fetish episode of secret lives of women didn't feature one. (it did have an AB!)

X

xdeadx

I was at Youmacon (an anime convention) last weekend where I saw a few furries. Well they had animal tails so I assumed they were. There were others with the neck chains and it looked really cool but I was too shy to talk to any of them. Which reminds me, since Ell from Death Note sucks his thumb a lot, anyone reckon he's an teen baby? (j/k)

Have there been any tv specials on furries? The more I think about it, I'm surprised the fetish episode of secret lives of women didn't feature one. (it did have an AB!)
There have been a few, but most of them are just bad reviews.

M

Mako

In my school news paper there was an article about gay people that featured a comic about a straight couple making rude comments about a gay couple. The straight husband leads his wife of wearing a leash and collr. I was like WOW Furries making fun of gay people!
It was a statement of irony of homophobic straight people looking down on the sexual practices of gay people, while having their own kinky quirks. It had nothing to do with furries, that was a bdsm joke. >.>

Honestly, they most likely were not furries. Kemonomimi is a staple character in anime and manga culture.

To sum up, tail, ears, collars, leashes, pup play, plushophila, etc, so on and so forth, does not automatically = furry.

Role
Private
I mock other peoples fetishes and odd lifestyles all the time, likewise I laugh at my own quirks. If other people can't take it that's too bad. I'm not to blame for your insecurities. Go grow some testicles

The first step to equality is to stop freaking out over petty jokes. Accept that aspects of your life are bizarre and laugh
Pretty much how I feel. I joke about it because I understand what it's like to have such kinks. I'm secure enough in myself about it.

Unfortunately, people are correct in saying that there are those who do take it too seriously. Understand, they may not be in the same zone you are in about it, so a bit of reservation about making such jokes can really go a long way.

Last edited:
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
"and other non-ab oddballs" huh? Nice condescending tone.

ForeverSmall

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
"and other non-ab oddballs" huh? Nice condescending tone.
I did not mean it like that.

You all say to suck it up and learn to laugh at yourselves, but why are 30% of teens that comit suicide homo? Why is it acceptable for people to not have a place to fit into society! I demand action. I hear "white power" way to often!

M

Mako

I did not mean it like that.

You all say to suck it up and learn to laugh at yourselves, but why are 30% of teens that comit suicide homo? Why is it acceptable for people to not have a place to fit into society! I demand action. I hear "white power" way to often!
And WTF are you going on about? You want action, fight battles worth fighting and not a joke that is actually pointing out the absurdity of looking down at gay people. Your criticizing something you've demonstrated not to understand, and you blamed a group of people you apparently know next to nothing about. This combination of self righteousness and ignorance is the same combination of mentalities that breeds those who yell "white power." You want to fight inequality? Get the knowledge to do so before running your mouth or rattling off on the keyboard, or your going to hurt a cause more then help it.

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
To sum up, tail, ears, collars, leashes, pup play, plushophila, etc, so on and so forth, does not automatically = furry.
Well, there were also shirts for sale that said: "Furries- Don't ask, Don't Tail" So I guess it was present in my mind, still don't think it would have been that unlikely.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Honestly, they most likely were not furries. Kemonomimi is a staple character in anime and manga culture.

That's true. It does kinda (at least slightly) increase the likelihood of the person being a furry though. It just doesn't mean that automatically & definitely (as you said). So it's more likely than usual, but surely not guaranteed. I haven't seen the comic though. And unfortunately, I really think ForeverSmall didn't understand the irony.

Last edited:

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy

I love you now.

M

Mako

Well, there were also shirts for sale that said: "Furries- Don't ask, Don't Tail" So I guess it was present in my mind, still don't think it would have been that unlikely.
Furry fandom when it boils down to it, is just another branch of geekdom and thats where our roots are. I have no doubt there were many furries at the convention, there is a lot of cross over. But it's not as simply as ears and tails. Only safe bet you would have would be full fursuit of someone cosplaying an anthromorphic verison of a human character.
Just giving due warning to be careful who you approach and ask if they're furry. We acknowledge that we are seen at the bottom of the geek kingdom, you may get a lot of crap just for asking the wrong person.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
yeah i mean everyone is gona talk crap about everyone and i find it sad....i accually lost my last b/f when i told him i was a baby fur.......so its something you have to live and deal with. i wish there was peace in the worl and everyone accepted each other but thats not the case until then you can ingor it or you can fight bakc...personly i like cussing out imature people hehe

and p.s. im not a geek i may not have a life but its b/c my friends kept stabbing me in the back and turning on me....i am by no means a geek. and what ind o fgeeks go out to raves and parties and clubs and dance the night away........i mean wtf >_<

M

Mako

and p.s. im not a geek i may not have a life but its b/c my friends kept stabbing me in the back and turning on me....i am by no means a geek. and what ind o fgeeks go out to raves and parties and clubs and dance the night away........i mean wtf >_<
Whether you'd like to admit it or not, furry fandom is a geekdom. There ARE factors that make furry fandom unique, and it has expanded to include many things not seen, or as publicly seen inside other fandoms. But that doesn't change the fact the furry fandom was founded in the depths of sci-fi conventions. And to answer your question, that kind of geek is furries, and anyone who shares in other part of the hierarchy who goes to raves and parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.