Would you want ABDL/ Adult Diapers to become normal?

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've seen some opinions here at ADISC where AB/DLs would prefer to keep ABDL diapers underground. I'd be happy to see diapers become not just accepted, but for them to become normal and accepted as practical.

In a nutshell and not purely biased, I think many non IC people would find wearing diapers to be both fun, enjoyable, and practical.
  • Why or why not would you like to see ABDL diapers become normal (in a non IC sense)?
  • What kind of situations do you think non DLs would benefit or enjoy wearing an ABDL diaper?
  • Do you think XXX sites are tainting the ABDL image? Are there any true ABDL articles that don't make ABDL look sloppy and pathetic?

PS. I think ABDL diapers are slowly becoming more available and visible on Amazon. They have reviews and ratings which leads vanilla people to open their mind.

I really don't care what underwear others wear. If it works for them, fine.

Hmm...

a) that's meanwhile a growing business and definitely not an underground movement anymore... So I think it's not the question if someone like it or not but just how fast and how big this business can grow...

b) as a DL I don't prefer babyish stile diapers - diapers meaning something different to me. How ever - I would endorse everything that makes diaper look better in a way that the style goes more to normal underwear then to this "clinical" white or blue ugly looking plastic bags. If you look into the drugstores you can already see this movement e.g. Tena is doing pretty cools stuff with they're pants for men. I'm sure other will follow and I think that's a positive sign to overcome the stigmata of incontinence. How ever I think it might be an Idea to ask AB's and DL separately. I would guess the answers are completely different.

c) I don't believe that real "vanilla" people will get access to this easily. How ever - I think that most likely a lot of people out there that have this "nucleus" inside and they may profit from an easy access to diapers and a more common understanding that moves diapers away from this "disabled" image into a every day product like a sanitary napkin. So this works maybe a bit like as with guys who having they're coming out.

d) Yes - I think XXX sites are bad for our image - and not only for our image but also for us. There are a couple of reasons:
  • First off all they show a reality that doesn't exists. So if someone "external" see this, he might get a complete different understanding of us, as he would get if he would ask someone here in the forum.

• These sides promote a lifestyle that my exist in the wet dreams of some of us, but have nothing to do with a real world relationships between real people. That's what makes it somehow dangerous. It's easy to believe in perfect presented pictures and movies with great actors but it evades you also from the reality. So some my end up with exceptions that are completely unrealistic and became very disappointed in the end.

• I'm not a fried of this XXX business at, all because it often have a lot to do with the exploitation of women. I hate if someone is exploited for what ever reason and I think this have to be stopped.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002
I'm torn. It's pretty clear to me that a substantial part of what makes this compelling to me is the taboo aspect of it. Having a secret, doing things successfully on the sly, having your own private take on what goes on makes it more exciting.

At the same time, I wish it wasn't such a potentially big, hairy deal when we decide to share it with others in relationships. Greater acceptance or just being less freaked would likely be for the best and might be worth whatever enjoyment I might see reduced as a result.

There are practical benefits to diapers for some, in some situations, and it would be good if they were just another tool in the toolbox. My dad has had a tiny bladder all my life and he'd likely benefit from diapers when he knew he wasn't going to have good access to facilities.

Lastly, I don't think I care that much about our image as we project it. In the real world, it's plenty off and how we are individually should count for far more than a shock value "documentary" program or an article that sensationalized extreme cases. ABDLs are going to do what they want and I can only control myself. I've got plenty of opinions about good, bad, and indifferent actions but I don't feel like the actions of other ABDLs represent me in any substantial way.

neophyte said:
  • Why or why not would you like to see ABDL diapers become normal (in a non IC sense)?

Just because someone is incontinent (or simply likes diapers) doesn't mean they should have to wear vanilla white (etc.) all the time. If briefs, boxers, boxer briefs, bikinis, etc. come in different colors and prints, diapers should, too. Don't some women's pull-ups already have flowers printed on them? It's the same thing.

neophyte said:
  • What kind of situations do you think non DLs would benefit or enjoy wearing an ABDL diaper?

If I was non-ABDL but buying a diaper for New Years Eve in Times Square and had a choice of a white diaper or something fun, I'd probably go for the fun diaper since wearing a diaper is already considered bold, so I may as well take it to the extreme.

As far as general acceptance by the public goes, give it 20 years. The more people wearing diapers at work, at the gym, at public events, when traveling, etc. and doing it nonchalantly should gradually increase everybody's comfort level. Even parents toilet training their kids will hopefully stop suggesting that wearing a diaper is akin to being a baby.

Aside from the Times Square example, though, I don't think you'll be finding continent folks resorting to diapers anytime soon, except in fiction. But we can fantasize. :)

Yes I want them to become normal so they will be less stigmatized and good ones will be sold in stores than crappy ones.

My hope is it will be eventually be seen on the level of hearing someone is into being tied up, into feet, likes to be spanked.

I think it has gotten better. From no one being aware of us to being portrayed as freaks to being the butt of jokes. No body likes being ripped on, but it's better than how things were previously. We're even beginning to see some sympathetic portrayls.
It is an odd thing, but oddly makes sense to me

I personally don't care what people are wearing. As long as it covers a decent amount of skin, I am fine. They can be wearing a fur suit for all I care. Let people dress the way they like.

Reactions: lonnie
Im not sure but i once seen on the net where they once used abdl diapers in group homes and hospitals to break up the stigma and to cheer people up

I don't care, but remember years ago one strange dream: Walking over city I saw all people with a paci...

But outcoming may come one day. Recently I found this graffiti and I'm pretty sure the author knows something about.
foto0061-jpg.33782

Attachments

• Foto0061.jpg
    Foto0061.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 244
Even though I would love to see wearing diapers become acceptable I know it will never happen due to the simple fact that the main thought in every ones mind who see an healthy adult in a diaper is thinking the same thought,
why,
does that person use the diaper,

And I don’t want to be anywhere close to them cause if they did use that diaper it’s going to stink.

Robert1 said:
Im not sure but i once seen on the net where they once used abdl diapers in group homes and hospitals to break up the stigma and to cheer people up

I would agree that ABDL type diapers would work well in a group home or hospital setting. It could even lighten up the staff a bit, and perhaps reduce a bit of the tension.

"Normal" is a fantasy idea, it's never going to be "normal" just like so many other things are not "normal" but are accepted by society.

That's all I'd really like, society to chill the fuck out a bit and accept differences/diversity/weirdness in all its forms.

Anyone who's been somewhere like a parade or proper music festival where everyone's just letting their freak flags fly and everyone is accepting everyone else, and enjoying the freedom and generally good vibe of the place... can you imagine if the world was like that 24/7?

Also if everyone felt free enough to express themselves like that 24/7, how much cooler and more colourful the world would be?

Mostly the world is heading that way - it doesn't always feel like it, but it is, slowly. Even in the last 20 years, attitudes to homosexuality have chilled right out, attitudes to trans people are following suit, sexuality and kink are more out in the open and discussed more than ever, there's a lot less repression going on and the internet is helping spread the good word.

All that said, I don't think pooping your pants for recreational purposes is likely to become mainstream in my lifetime.🤣

Reactions: Trevor
I'd like to see everybody forced into diapers!!! Yeah......take that muggles!!!!! Okay, I've been reading forced regression stories again....sigh.

Honestly, I don’t think it’ll happen and even if it did, I wouldn’t want it to become normal. It’d be like anything else that goes mainstream: it ruins what’s so special and unique about it when everyone starts to get into it.

I think maybe a little more shrugged off in the future, but it would never become normal. Some people are just too squicked out about it.

I am also torn on the subject... The "specialness" of diapers would definitely decrease, but if it were mainstream and acceptance / usage was not an issue, many more people would wear. With a much larger market for diapers, there would be more innovation. I would imagine that a non landfill option for diapers would be implemented such as recycling or using them for energy (I think Japan has this already).

I would gladly trade the unique/special/naughty aspect of it for mainstream so that there could be acceptance. It gets tiresome being single and trying to date within the ab/dl community being that it is so small.

neophyte said:
I've seen some opinions here at ADISC where AB/DLs would prefer to keep ABDL diapers underground. I'd be happy to see diapers become not just accepted, but for them to become normal and accepted as practical.

In a nutshell and not purely biased, I think many non IC people would find wearing diapers to be both fun, enjoyable, and practical.
  • Do you think XXX sites are tainting the ABDL image? Are there any true ABDL articles that don't make ABDL look sloppy and pathetic?

PS. I think ABDL diapers are slowly becoming more available and visible on Amazon. They have reviews and ratings which leads vanilla people to open their mind.
Um, I do not like the XXX sites for ABDLism it always turns into BDSM which beyond a spank spank is :sick: yucky.
2. I do not think Non-ABDL folks will ever want to wear.
3. Because we wear for sexual/emotional reasons, there really isn't a way to make them "normal". I don't need to be "normal". I am happy as an ABDL.

Back