Would you rather lose interest in ABDL or have ABDL become accepted by the world?

warlock

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was pondering this question recently. Personally, I would rather lose interest, seeing as how it would make things a lot less complicated in my life. I'd be interested to hear others' opinions on this topic.
-Warlock

I'd rather have the world accept the AB/DL culture. I guess I've had a lifetime to accept wearing diapers and it has given me a lot of enjoyment especially recently when there is little to enjoy in my life. I probably would have opted for having no diaper desires when I was younger because I thought I was crazy for wanting to wear diapers. Now, I'm okay with it.

I think I'm with dogboy on this. As I wear more often, I'm more okay with it. As I quickly learned this is just part of who I am, I've tried to not like / think about them, and it just doesn't work lol, it just seems to be part of who I am. I think it would be cool if it was more accepted because I wouldn't have to wear in fear of being caught.

Accept ABDL

I guess if I have to pick one of two, I'd lean toward wider acceptance. As it stands, I don't care that much. I'd like for it to be more widely accepted in relationships, but it seems to me that that's already improved over say ten years ago. It should be better but the trend is positive.

I'm happy as an ABDL and wouldn't lose it. It's the rest of the world that has this wrong.

When I was young and didn't know what AB was, I probably would rather have lost interest. Starting out as an AB can be confusing and when you are just beginning it can seem impossible or like a monumental task to balance being an AB with leading an adult life :cautious:

However, you live and you learn, nowadays my stance on this is that I want the world to become more accepting. The minute I found self-acceptance, I realized how wonderful being an AB can be, how tranquil, relaxing and amazing it all is 😄 Being an AB is a part of me, it always has been and where I am at now, I can't really imagine my life without it. It is also worth mentioning that if I weren't an AB I would have never ever met my current GF/Mommy and the love of my life :love: So yeah, I can see why some would want to lose interest, but I think that anyone who has reached a position of self-acceptance and comfort with AB/DL would much rather see society at large become more accepting 🙂

Last edited:
I feel like this question is worded in a way that makes it difficult to answer whether it's intended to be or not, since one affects you, and one affects a much larger population. So for the sake of everyone else and in the name of selflessness, I'd definitely wish for ABDL to be accepted more, however, if in some mutually exclusive way I could get rid of my ABDL feelings I would. It's expensive, when I'd rather be spending money elsewhere (university tuition and my mountain bike), and it's stressful to keep not only this side of me hidden but also physical items (diapers, powder, paci, etc.) hidden from my family. Though I've accepted that this is part of who I am given the chance I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of it

I lean to the wider acceptance of ABDL.

I’m split on this. On one hand, it would be great for people to just accept that some people like to wear diapers and I could wear whenever I wanted. But on the flip side, I’d i lost interest, it would save me money that I could use on other things.

I'd definitely go with more acceptance.

Well not for ABDL reasons, but I wish that diapered were more accepted , for those who need them. It really bugs the hell out of me, when someone says he/she is too old to be wearing diapers or wetting the bed. Even if the person has a disability or maybe cancer.

Last edited:
Bellybag58 said:
I think the DL side is ok but the AB side is a mental illness.
In what way is AB a mental illness? If anything DL behaviours tend more towards classifiable as mental illness

Topex said:
In what way is AB a mental illness? If anything DL behaviours tend more towards classifiable as mental illness
Our thinking opposite and that's ok. I'm not here to explain it, I'm giving my opinion on the original question. I really don't accept the AB, but I accept the DL part. I wear for sleep at night and love it. Pacifiers, bibs, bottles, cribs, etc. are for 3 and under in my opinion. You classify yourself as a "Little" and I classify that as mental illness. You have your opinion, and I have mine.

Reactions: 12srepaid
Bellybag58 said:
Our thinking opposite and that's ok. I'm not here to explain it, I'm giving my opinion on the original question. I really don't accept the AB, but I accept the DL part. I wear for sleep at night and love it. Pacifiers, bibs, bottles, cribs, etc. are for 3 and under in my opinion. You classify yourself as a "Little" and I classify that as mental illness. You have your opinion, and I have mine.
It's just when you make such a bold assertion that furthers the shame of AB behaviours and results in the feeling of others being put down, I'd like to see an explanation as to how AB constitutes a mental illness and DL doesn't if you feel the need to express such beliefs. It's not a matter of opinion here, there's either facts to support that AB behaviours constitute mental illness or not

Not quite sure you get it. "Would you rather lose interest in ABDL or have ABDL become accepted by the world?" There's AB, DL, and ABDL. Good so far? Of the 3, I'm DL. You're a little so you "Act" like a baby. I'm responding to the "have ABDL become accepted by the world? part of the title. I think it's wrong and don't accept it. This is a diaper talk forum and not everyone is going to agree with everyone. It's not a bold assertion to shame AB's or put them down. On the contrary, I was asked for my opinion so I gave it. That's what you have a problem with. The world isn't all sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops. Not everyone is going to agree with you or me and and that's what has to be accepted. Maybe a "Little" forum is better suited for you.

It is what it is. If it comes to pass that its acceptable great but it won't stop us from wearing diapers in any way.

Bellybag58 said:
This is a diaper talk forum and not everyone is going to agree with everyone. It's not a bold assertion to shame AB's or put them down.
Actually:
  • This is ADISC, a support community for AB/DL/IC people. All three categories. You don't get to shame ABs or put them down on this website.
  • The fact that we are in the 'diaper talk' sub-forum makes zero difference. Just as ABs are expected to treat DLs with respect, you, a DL, are expected to treat ABs with respect. You don't get to toss out claims like 'ABism is a mental illness'. Nor do you get to defend this talk with 'it is just my opinion', or 'this is the diaper talk forum'. You're expected to treat all our visitors with respect, and defining their lifestyle as a mental illness fails to do so. You wouldn't like it if people did it to you - don't do it to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlemoosey, neophyte, Gsmax and 2 others
I know where I am and I'm finding when asked for an opinion here it has to be a popular one, not an honest one. Unlike others here I don't try to fool myself or others. Fin.......

Bellybag58 said:
I know where I am and I'm finding when asked for an opinion here it has to be a popular one, not an honest one. Unlike others here I don't try to fool myself or others. Fin.......
This isn't about either popularity, or honesty, Bellybag58.
I am simply asking you to follow the well published rules of our community.
You wouldn't like it if people labelled DLism a mental illness.
So don't do it to ABs.

Moo said:
This isn't about either popularity, or honesty, Bellybag58.
I am simply asking you to follow the well published rules of our community.
You wouldn't like it if people labelled DLism a mental illness.
So don't do it to ABs.
The opinions of others might well not be of any particular concern to some. I find it amusing in a roll my eyes sort of way. However, we know that everyone is at different stages in self-acceptance and could have that weigh far more heavily. It's not overstating it to say lives are at risk due to self-acceptance.

No one has to be thrilled about various aspects of our community but it's not going to result in physical or mental harm to keep it to yourself. It costs nothing to be decent and we are guests here in a place with reasonably clear rules.

Back