Would you move to mars?

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and isabella
Actually guys the moon landing was fake and the earth is flat. This could mean mars doesn’t exist as well! The governemnt in 1980s had secret cgi that faked the moon landing! Or at least that’s what I’m supposed to tell the 2021 generation. Also moon cheese goes great on pizza once you find out the moon does exist

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Reactions: isabella
If I could move to Mars to get away from the craziness that has become earth I would do it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Deleted member 51496
DanielW said:
No, Mars isn't habitable. Microgravity is being shown to have negative affects on the brain, heart and eyes. and that's just a few of the issues besides the long-term radiation exposure both traveling TO Mars let alone trying to live there. As far as we know, nothing currently lives on the surface of Mars, Might be water and microorganisms under ground, but who can guess whether or not those would kill us

Maybe someday - when science catches uo with science-fiction, but I don't see in happening in my lifetime.
Any evidence of the microgravity issue?

nwm said:
BUT I have NEVER heard of any suggestion that it might be possible for humans to colonize it.
I've heard talk about probing Uranus 🤭

nwm said:
But the idea of colonizing Mars I have heard a lot about, for well as long as I can remember - all kinds of theories on how (with some actual scientific base behind them)
And quite a few theories that suggest originally man came from Mars, and colonized earth when Mars started to REALLY become uninhabitable - so it is it least possible by going back, you are really fixing issues VERY ancient man (but possessing technology that got lost) caused, and re-claim the original home. (Just a thought) now because we messed up earth - fast-forward about 10,000 - 100,000 years, maybe same deal, but back to earth
All bollocks 😁
Nothing about Mars would suggest that it has ever been, is or could be capable of originating or supporting life.
NASA, and others, only persist with fantastic ideas in order to perpetuate their revenue streams and because Mars is 'easy'.
It lacks the gravity to hold a suitable atmosphere or moisture (ice still evaporates at sub-zero temperatures where pressure and humidity are low), it lacks a magnetosphere and it lacks the carbon to comprise an atmosphere and bodily life,
And in times gone by, it would've been colder than it is today (as per what follows).
Venus, however, is much harder, but it's current state at least has the possibility that any evidence of life has been obliterated, while it's past, and the past of the Sun (given that it gets 10% hotter every billion years), offers the possibility that before it's current volcanic state erupted, it may have been capable of life.
But only 'may' at the extreme (3.5 billion years to terraform Earth, don't forget).
The good thing about the fantastical suggestions of 'demented chimps' (that's humans, btw) coming from Venus is that leotards and capes were once all the rage.
120461371_1784779128339892_6308615624411766911_n.jpg
(I know, I know.....but it was all I had at hand; close enough, though, eh? 😁)

nwm said:
(See, possible huge continuous circle.)
You just had to get us back on Uranus, didn't you? 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: isabella, ElPulpo and BobbiSueEllen
Watch out for Klingons... 😲:ROFLMAO:🖖

BobbiSueEllen said:
Ah, forewarned is.......forehead 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: isabella and BobbiSueEllen

@ade I just would not bee too sure either way... BUT plenty of pics showing things it's highly unlikely would have formed naturally, as well as a probe recently confirming ice in some areas - as for temp, well get some sort of an atmosphere built up (that among other things, a dooms-day device, or pollution could have destroyed) there is some heat retention. If still need more, use the same things (gas) that is now making earth too hot.​

Bottom line without a LOT more - I personally just don't know one way or the other - but certainly would not rule it out.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Mr spock, I don’t feel so good 🤢 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
DanielW said:
Are you sure you don't mean Dr. Spock?
I was gonna put Dr. Spock but then you might not picked up on the Avengers: Infinity War’s popular catchphrase, “Mr. Stark I don’t feel so good.” Unless you didn’t pick it up, and in that case *scattered applause* now you know!

BobbiSueEllen said:
Klingons are not THAT bad - it's Borg that are the REAL concern!

• Haha
Reactions: littledub1955 and BobbiSueEllen
nwm said:
Klingons are not THAT bad - it's Borg that are the REAL concern!
Hugh'll tell us owt 🤪

Lily said:
I feel like at this point everyone has heard about life being suitable in mars. Anyone thinking of moving to a whole new planet? Any prerequisites before moving? (Ie knowing cost, air quality, and long term effects to body)
Absolutely not. There's no place like earth. There's no place like earth. There's no place like earth.

• Haha
Reactions: ade and BobbiSueEllen
JoeRelax said:
Would probably be like the movie Total Recall
I used to tease a bloke about his bellybutton being Kuato (it was either that or how high up his genitals were).
a1427216815_16.jpg
🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids; in fact, it's cold as hell. 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy, Deleted member 57387 and littlemoosey
I would not consider living there right now. Mars is just to cold. It is sort of like Winter time where I live. I am more of a hot weather person so maybe Venus might work - but no, that is even too hot for me. Another major problem would be shopping... I do a lot of buying online. So first they have to work out a way for Amazon Prime to have free next day deliveries to Mars. I guess I'm stuck on Earth for a lille longer. :love:

Of course... It really is not possible at this point to do long term colonization on Mars. But, of all the various projects that NASA/JPL is working on, Mars is my favorite place that we are exploring. I'm looking forward to the manned missions in the next 20 or 30 years. I'm not exactly sure how far along we are in the timeline for that 30 year goal.

Last edited:
Back