Would you move to mars?

Mal8 said:
No way. No diaper manufacturer on Mars!
That may well be true initially - BUT as stated earlier, I really don't think it would be long at all before that changed...

• Wow
Reactions: Mal8 and BobbiSueEllen
@BobbiSueEllen Simple reasoning -- There ABSOLUTELY would quickly be a real need form them, and when things are needed, they manage to get produced... Wood pulp and plastic was mentioned earlier. Well before a true coloney happened, I'm sure some plant life would be in place (and some due to climate grown in labs) - takes quite a while to get trees big enough and in enough numbers - but cannibals stems can be be made in to a pulp-like substance (VERY good for making paper btw) as for plastic, no clue, but again, if really needed... And to have something quickly, the fibers from the same part of that same plant also make for good absorbent cloth, and STRONG rope. And THAT at least on earth can be completely renewed in 4 months.

nwm said:
@BobbiSueEllen Simple reasoning -- There ABSOLUTELY would quickly be a real need form them, and when things are needed, they manage to get produced... Wood pulp and plastic was mentioned earlier. Well before a true coloney happened, I'm sure some plant life would be in place (and some due to climate grown in labs) - takes quite a while to get trees big enough and in enough numbers - but cannibals stems can be be made in to a pulp-like substance (VERY good for making paper btw) as for plastic, no clue, but again, if really needed... And to have something quickly, the fibers from the same part of that same plant also make for good absorbent cloth, and STRONG rope. And THAT at least on earth can be completely renewed in 4 months.
Cannibals stem-cell therapy? 😲 🤭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Traveller and nwm
BobbiSueEllen said:
Actually NOT new at all, in fact thousands of years old there - check the paper the hand written US constitution is written on. Rope also used like that even longer - because of it's strength.
Also an expression came out of it - "Go smoke a rope." - going WAY back, and due to what actually happened.
Sailors would go out, and their rope would be about 3-feet shorter when they came back -0 of course no one know what happened to it!
🤣

*Thinks everyone missed the pun...* :unsure: 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: Traveller and nwm
Would I move to Mars?, nope not me.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
There's just not enough ADISC on Mars to move from here.

I hope humans will not tamper with this planet’s balance to the point of rendering it equal to Mars.
Hopefully our race will manage to reach extinction before irreversible damage is done.

KrankyPants said:
There's just not enough ADISC on Mars to move from here.
What's wrong with a wireless network link?
O.K. slight delay - but I think I recall hearing it takes about 7.5 minutes for a radio signal to reach from earth to mars - that should be not ideal, but workable for earth based networking to/from Mars...

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants
There's already been one Manifest Destiny, one Lebensraum, one Spazio Vitale, one Hakko Ichiu...I refuse to be a part of another in this day & age, and in my lifetime.

Fiammaverde said:
I hope humans will not tamper with this planet’s balance to the point of rendering it equal to Mars.
Hopefully our race will manage to reach extinction before irreversible damage is done.
TOO LATE!

BobbiSueEllen said:
*Thinks everyone missed the pun...* :unsure: 🤭
It was too hammy 🤪
(That's a joke about the taste of human flesh, Vegans.......from Vega)

I can't believe that we're on the second page and nobody's done jokes about Uranus.
I mean, come on, Uranus is funny!
I'm looking at a picture of Uranus right now and, my God, it's humongous!

Bacon Back on not-quite-so topic, as others have mentioned about habitability, it took 3.5 billion years (that's 'billion', with a captial 'illion') to make Earth habitable for complex life (including Californians), so......

Last edited:
  • Haha
ade said:
nobody's done jokes about Uranus.
I mean, come on, Uranus is funny!
Indeed! BUT I have NEVER heard of any suggestion that it might be possible for humans to colonize it. But the idea of colonizing Mars I have heard a lot about, for well as long as I can remember - all kinds of theories on how (with some actual scientific base behind them)
And quite a few theories that suggest originally man came from Mars, and colonized earth when Mars started to REALLY become uninhabitable - so it is it least possible by going back, you are really fixing issues VERY ancient man (but possessing technology that got lost) caused, and re-claim the original home. (Just a thought) now because we messed up earth - fast-forward about 10,000 - 100,000 years, maybe same deal, but back to earth! (See, possible huge continuous circle.)

BobbiSueEllen said:
Could that possibly be infused through long term contact with the skin? Possibly in the regions of the tushie and genitalia?

• Haha
Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
It would be interesting to go there. Heck I just want to get up into space and on to the moon!

It's interesting how we silly, Proto-Indo-Europeans manage to 'progress' forward in the name of a god, a king or an ideology and rape, pillage, raze, deceive, kill & relocate others to suit our whims without ever having fixed the mess we left behind...or even learn from it all. Hence my mention of Manifest Destiny, Hakko Ichiu, Lebensraum and Spazio Vitale. The last three were soundly quashed because we Americans hypocritically saw their inherent evils...while wholly ignoring the evils brought about by our very own Manifest Destiny.

Hitler's higher-ups, during their Nuremberg trials, pointed out that inconvenient fact and how Hitler admired how America succeeded at seizing gobs of land, then shystering, deceiving, relocating, killing, subjugating and indoctrinating the Native American 'occupants'. That was the precise goal of Hitler and his NSDAP's "Gott mit Uns" Lebensraum with Europe...inspired by Manifest Destiny.

And now, it's The Brave New World, v. 2.0...now coming at a moon or planet near us because there are no more earthly lands left to conquer by any means or under any pretense under "a colorful rag". And we've grown tired of those lands which we freely took. We learn absolutely nothing.

For further consideration: please watch DreamWorks' 2015 cartoon movie Home...and watch how "those marauding aliens dare do that to us" with zero tender regard. #Food4Thought

Last edited:
No. As interesting this would be... Even if I where in a psysical state for this I wouldnt do that... The quality of life would never be like it was before. This will most likely be a one way trip and the challanges people will face there is nothing like we have here. There will be no internet, no realtime communication, food will be okay to live but nothing compared to what we have here, and of course no huge diaper supply. We will have to live with the stuff we have for many months.

nwm said:
Indeed! BUT I have NEVER heard of any suggestion that it might be possible for humans to colonize it. But the idea of colonizing Mars I have heard a lot about, for well as long as I can remember - all kinds of theories on how (with some actual scientific base behind them)
And quite a few theories that suggest originally man came from Mars, and colonized earth when Mars started to REALLY become uninhabitable - so it is it least possible by going back, you are really fixing issues VERY ancient man (but possessing technology that got lost) caused, and re-claim the original home. (Just a thought) now because we messed up earth - fast-forward about 10,000 - 100,000 years, maybe same deal, but back to earth! (See, possible huge continuous circle.)
I bought my dad, who was notorious for blaming the dog for his gaseous exodus, a tee shirt that had “Are There Gaseous Clouds Around Uranus?” written on it. For some reason he didn’t find it humorous and never did wear it although mom found it both humorous and fitting. I’m not sure how the dog felt about it.

• Haha
No diaper stores on mars, so no, lol

tiny said:
My raving days taught me that there's one problem to be fixed first: Mars needs women!

:p

Back