Would you date an incontinent person?

Would you start dating someone with incontinence issues ?

• Yes

Votes: 381 91.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Only with urinary issues

Votes: 31 7.5%

• Total voters
Zeke said:
The more I think about it I believe the real question is “Would an incontinent person date me?”.
I mean incontinent people are just people after all :p

Reactions: fluffybutt46, Jr2012 and nwm
Theres far worse things than a little incontinence. No one dies of incontinence, and it's not contagious. Its not like its a STD or brain damage.

Reactions: fluffybutt46, Jr2012, JOCKMAN and 3 others
Zeke said:
The more I think about it I believe the real question is “Would an incontinent person date me?”.
To ne honest the first question was, "would a normal person date me?".
And then I thought that even an incontinent person could be repelled by another incontinent person.
The more I think, the more I think that I could be disgusted by another stranger incontinent.

Last edited:
Reactions: fluffybutt46, LonelyKitty and Jr2012
Of course I would and incorporate diaper changes into our intimacy.

Reactions: Jr2012
I would have no problem with this at all. If the tables were turned and my fiance needed diapers I would not have any problems with changing her. She has been there for me, and she does not let my diapers stand in the way. We are still very intimate in our relationship, and diaper changes are always fun.

Reactions: fluffybutt46, Jr2012 and pamperbud20
I would have no problem dating a gal that is totally bladder and bowel incontinent as I am in the same situation. I think it would be a very good relationship as we both have the same issues.

Reactions: fluffybutt46 and Jr2012
DreamerBen said:
Hi,

I wonder if I would be able to date someone with severe incontinence issues?
I mean, dealing myself with this urinary issues I'm aware of the hygiene problems. And to be honest, I'm afraid to be quite repelled.
Of course I would not ditch a signifiant other for that. But I would hesitate to start dating someone with incontinence.

I was just thinking... Because I'm so afraid to eveb try dating someone because of my issues. And was trying to understand how I would react if the situation was the opposite.
I have many years ago. My first girlfriend was a bedwetter. It didn't bother me.

Reactions: fluffybutt46 and Jr2012
I am dating an incontinent person. He wets the bed a few nights a week as a side effect of diabetes. The caveat is that we met on diaper-bois.com and are both ABDL, but him needing a diaper every night never bothers me. I want him to be comfortable and get a good night's sleep...and he looks really cute in plastic. 😍

The longer I'm on this board, the more I think it's just a matter of the other person having some familiarity with the condition, whether it's diabetes or autism or cerebral palsy or just plain incontinence. The people living in a bubble (through no fault of their own) are going to have the most adverse reactions, but I think the stigma is slowly lifting. After all, adult pull-ups, Goodnites, or traditional "Depends" are all over the stores and the media. More people know somebody who wet the bed as a child or teen, who had incontinence issues after childbirth, who suffered prostate issues later in life, etc. which should make it easier for everybody else who needs protection. Like job hunting, you may not get a "yes" on the first try, but if you put yourself out there and can project confidence and that the condition doesn't define you, I know you can find someone.

Reactions: fluffybutt46, TheGuyInTheChair, Jr2012 and 1 other person
I was laughed at and ridiculed so many times. People suck

Omg yes...and YES

Reactions: fluffybutt46
I am of the bent that, if I loved the person for who they are, then their physical condition would not be an issue.
However, my ex was very defiant in his ‘control’ of his diabetes. He was diagnosed at age 2, and was told he would die before his 18th birthday. He seemed as though he was living is way to spite the doctors who doubted him. He would ‘feel out’ his blood sugar levels, which often left him in diabetic keto acidosis. He had to have a kidney transplant because his mismanagement destroyed his kidneys. He had laser surgery on eyes to correct them, and the damage returned, again due to mismanagement.
If someone had issues, but wilfully ignored them, and believed that their way was better than listening to the doctors, this was something I could not deal with. He was stubborn, and it was quickly killing him. There was nothing I could say or do to convince him that his headstrong attitude was a problem, even though he was in danger 3-4 times a month.
I think if someone I loved were hurting themselves, or damaging their quality of life, because they believed they knew better, that might be a rough situation for me.
But incontinence is not an issue, as long as we can find out why it exists and we can manage it together...

Reactions: fluffybutt46, smokeyjoe and jessraven
Aby said:
Theres far worse things than a little incontinence. No one dies of incontinence, and it's not contagious. Its not like its a STD or brain damage.
Couldn't have said it any better! Its iC, it's something the body does that one can't control. Be like refusing to date someone because they had seasonal allergies, their time of the month, diabetes, or a whole host of other things that could be listed that are things that can be reasonably managed and aren't deal breakers so long as one takes a moment to step back and think, "hey, it happens, they manage, it's all good, and if they need some help, not that difficult for me to pitch in"

I’d like to think a disability of any sort wouldn’t be a deal-breaker with the right person, though I guess you never know until you encounter a situation.

For many of us, having a partner in nappies is something we’re very attracted to the idea of, though the realities of incontinence on a day-to-day basis are probably less appealing. And there’s the issue of ”fetishising” their medical condition, so you’d have to be up front about your interests at the start.

Reactions: Jr2012 and blaincorrous
As already stated, I wouldn’t date me.

In all seriousness, I don’t understood being attracted to someone because of a physical aspect. Likewise, I don’t understand rejecting someone because of a physical aspect.

I was fortunate to be married to an extremely intelligent and stunning woman, who passed away 10 years ago. But, my initial and overwhelming attraction to her was her character and integrity. That kept our family going when my health fell apart. And made it an honor to take care of her when she was in hospice for a year.

In the scope of love and life, incontinence is nothing. Anyone may be diagnosed with cancer tomorrow, mangled in a car wreck next week, whatever. Does that mean that incontinence is important to start dating, but irrelevant once there are feelings? Or will you run if any health crisis occurs? Just asking.

Reactions: fluffybutt46, hoimi, Jr2012 and 1 other person
For me incontinence doesn't make the person. If that person is the one for me then it's no big deal, but like others have said, would one date me? I personally don't have a problem changing someone else even if there isn't anything sexual, but in time I know I would want it to be sexual at times so they would have to know and understand my feelings about all this as well.

Reactions: Jr2012
FudgedInLuvs said:
Couldn't have said it any better! Its iC, it's something the body does that one can't control. Be like refusing to date someone because they had seasonal allergies, their time of the month, diabetes, or a whole host of other things that could be listed that are things that can be reasonably managed and aren't deal breakers so long as one takes a moment to step back and think, "hey, it happens, they manage, it's all good, and if they need some help, not that difficult for me to pitch in"
Well said. The only thing that might make me hesitant to date someone that’s IC would be their attitude towards it. If they felt too sorry for themselves, didn’t manage their personal hygiene very well, or allowed their IC to keep them housebound I may be a bit cautious. The fact that many women, especially those that have given birth, have some form of urinary IC wouldn’t cause me any concern and I expect to encounter those that are as I attempt to begin dating again. In fact IC would be at least one thing we would have in common although it might be a “squishy“ foundation for a relationship.

Reactions: anton, FudgedInLuvs and ChocChip
Zeke said:
Well said. The only thing that might make me hesitant to date someone that’s IC would be their attitude towards it. If they felt too sorry for themselves, didn’t manage their personal hygiene very well, or allowed their IC to keep them housebound I may be a bit cautious. The fact that many women, especially those that have given birth, have some form of urinary IC wouldn’t cause me any concern and I expect to encounter those that are as I attempt to begin dating again. In fact IC would be at least one thing we would have in common although it might be a “squishy“ foundation for a relationship.
That's a good point. I know people who have medical issues and it really weighs them down. I mean, I get how it can be depressing when restricted, but with a rebel heart, there's always a way to get around things, and some of them don't get there. Then others do have legitimate limitations, but they manage and still find ways. Me, so I wear a different pair of pants at night, at the end of the day, so what, big f---ing deal.

Totally get the dating situation, I'm still pretty young, and my last serious relationship was before I was sick and had my issues start up hard and heavy. It's a bit intimidating, thinking that it is subject that's unavoidable and will come up eventually, but so long as it's brought up in the right manner it really shouldn't be an issue. I mean, you're in a restaurant and all of a sudden whip out a needle and inject yourself, yeah, an SO would probably assume drugs vs insulin if you haven't said anything, but providing you've had the conversation' "hey, I'm diabetic, and around X O'clock I always have to give myself XYZ units of insulin with a syringe" it wouldn't seem out of the ordinary. Same thing with IC, "hey, I had my health issues in the past, and, I've had some long lasting effects, night issues being one of them, not difficult to manage but to manage this is what I have to do when I can feel it coming on, truly doesn't bother me but this is what I have to do and I hope you understand". Beats ripping a pair of Luvs out of the pack and strapping them into ConvertUps on the spot. So much with relationships, really comes down to just proper communication. Wish I would have learned that earlier with some other instances in relationships.

I would

I believe the answer would be yes. Would be kinda hypocritical of me to be concerned over someone else's diapers. Especially when I have a closet full of my own :p. So, assuming we were compatible and there were no other underlying issues I couldn't deal with I would say yes.

The odds of me finding the “right person” are virtually zero, but hypothetically, I would date an incontinent person. Love is love, even if your lover needs to wear diapers for medical reasons. Besides, is a partner with incontinence really a big deal compared to dating a sociopath, narcissist, “gold digger”, manipulator, racist, etc.?

Last edited:
Reactions: fluffybutt46 and abcdef
Back