Would you be interested in a diaper with individual packaging?

Do you think a neutral individual package would be practical for a diaper? (Example can put them in

• Yes (if yes specify what you think it would be interesting to add with the diaper in the bag).

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you think it would be interesting to add an individual packaging on diaper, this packaging may contain essential such as a garbage bag. If you think it would be interestingly stated what you consider essential :).

hell no. unnecessarcy price increase and unnecessary overpacakaging which causes more environmental issues

Reactions: tiny and Jonnythepony
No, I'm a by the case kind of guy

Alexia said:
hell no. unnecessarcy price increase and unnecessary overpacakaging which causes more environmental issues

Not especially price increase, this type of packaging does not consume a lot of plastic is not really an environmental problem.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
trysexiea said:
Not especially price increase, this type of packaging does not consume a lot of plastic is not really an environmental problem.
It’s a price increase when it comes to production and manufacturing. And in reality, it is worse for the environment because you’re actually using more material to package individually. I don’t think you thought this one through.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
Some people will pay for the convenience of not having to repack things into smaller packs to keep them clean. Look at individually-packaged wipes, sanitary napkins etc.

I have my own version of this, for when I am not able to carry my normal changing kit. I put together packs containing a nappy, enough wipes and accessories for a messy change and a disposal bag, into a strong ziploc such as an Abena Abri-bag, that later serves as the outer disposal bag. The package can be carried in a holdall or suitcase without any other protection, keeping the nappy clean and ensuring that everything needed for a change will be available in one hit. I.e. as long as I have one of these packs, I know I can change.

The fact that the pack is suitable as a disposal bag (the other one inside is so that I can double-bag if it's a dirty nappy) means no wasted resources. However, I don't think it would be a saleable configuration, as the shelf-life of the wipes would limit that of the diaper, and different people would be looking for different things in the packs.

I think for daily use it would be more trouble than it is worth. Hoerver, It would be handy as an emergency diaper you could keep in your car or desk drawer or even your coat. It would have to be a discreet packaging and a couple of wipes with an opaque disposal bag would be nice for those (no pun intended) ohh crap moments

Reactions: wew1992 and trysexiea
I've seen individually packaged pull-ons. And they sucked. So bad. Because to make them fold up small enough to be 'discreet' they were thin and not effective.

If you're wearing for fun or IC you should have a change bag available at all times. And it's honestly not that hard to make a discreet bag. A backpack/messenger bag with a ziploc bag for the padding is fine.

I have a messenger bag for work that hangs on the back of my seat on my forklift. It's got a Crinklz and a slim refillable pack of wipes. If I needed more than that, I could put more in. The Crinklz is in a ziploc bag to keep it from getting rubbed by other items in the bag. If I wanted to, I could keep a few solid grocery bags or even just small trash bags for disposal.

That's sufficient for me for an eight hour work day. You can literally -make- the individual packaging with ziploc bags or small trash bags. But it's easier just to take the whole bag and a LOT less suspicious IMHO

Reactions: wew1992
CuddleWoozle said:
I've seen individually packaged pull-ons. And they sucked. So bad. Because to make them fold up small enough to be 'discreet' they were thin and not effective.

I recall seeing those as well. It hasn't been mentioned yet, but some store-bought brands also sell one-off samples, Depend comes to mind.

As some others have said, this doesn't sound like a great idea.

If you want to try one of a particular brand, there are AB sample packs on eBay and the like, while they are a bit pricy, they can be well worth it. Also, an individually packaged diaper sounds awfully wasteful. I'm with PaddedBrony on this one, the amount of trash/packaging for one single diaper would outweigh any possible perks and the price-point would probably be rather large, best to just invest in a full pack of diapees :D

Last edited:
CuddleWoozle said:

If you're wearing for fun or IC you should have a change bag available at all times. And it's honestly not that hard to make a discreet bag. A backpack/messenger bag with a ziploc bag for the padding is fine.

I have a messenger bag for work that hangs on the back of my seat on my forklift. It's got a Crinklz and a slim refillable pack of wipes. If I needed more than that, I could put more in. The Crinklz is in a ziploc bag to keep it from getting rubbed by other items in the bag. If I wanted to, I could keep a few solid grocery bags or even just small trash bags for disposal.

That's sufficient for me for an eight hour work day. You can literally -make- the individual packaging with ziploc bags or small trash bags. But it's easier just to take the whole bag and a LOT less suspicious IMHO

it is obviously that it must not have changed the diaper the idea is not to reduce the effectiveness of the diaper otherwise it is useless, but question if you had the choice between a diaper individually package with the essential accessories for the same price as the diaper without the individual packaging, you will take which product?

trysexiea said:
it is obviously that it must not have changed the diaper the idea is not to reduce the effectiveness of the diaper otherwise it is useless, but question if you had the choice between a diaper individually package with the essential accessories for the same price as the diaper without the individual packaging, you will take which product?
Then let me make it clearer?

No. I don't want extra accessories because I have my own preferred brands of items.

CuddleWoozle said:
Then let me make it clearer?

No. I don't want extra accessories because I have my own preferred brands of items.

Ok

CuddleWoozle said:

I agree with the messenger bag suggestion. I actually got a free one supporting the Human Rights Campaign one year, and do use that as a diaper bag when needed.

Ziploc-bags or something can work, however they just don’t seem as practical in the long run. I wish a company (like Abena, or ABU, etc.) would make and sell reusable strong, sturdy pouches or something that would mimic the idea of “individual packaging” for when on the go; so all a person would have to do is take a diaper and put it inside. Maybe even a smaller pocket on the front or something for travel wipes, etc.

wew1992 said:
I agree with the messenger bag suggestion. I actually got a free one supporting the Human Rights Campaign one year, and do use that as a diaper bag when needed.

Ziploc-bags or something can work, however they just don’t seem as practical in the long run. I wish a company (like Abena, or ABU, etc.) would make and sell reusable strong, sturdy pouches or something that would mimic the idea of “individual packaging” for when on the go; so all a person would have to do is take a diaper and put it inside. Maybe even a smaller pocket on the front or something for travel wipes, etc.

They make 'wet bags', for storing wet cloth baby diapers in. If you could find something big enough in those, I'm sure it would be a reusable alernative. (Although I re-use the ziploc bag. I don't use them to throw out the used pamps in.)

Might also find a swim suit wet bag, which would be a bit bigger.

I don't see the advantage of selling diaper individually, if it were to be sold with accessories, then why not just sell small packs of accessories?

Lewis Badger said:
I don't see the advantage of selling diaper individually, if it were to be sold with accessories, then why not just sell small packs of accessories?

Product protection, saving time and space.

I agree with what others have said- individually packaged diapers would be great for emergency situations or for short trips, but not ideal for daily use.

When we travel or go to any where I need to go through a bag check we use large ziplock bags to protect the diapers in my back pack
but travel with bulk packed diapers ease of shipping.

trysexiea said:
Product protection, saving time and space.

if it was appropriately priced, the likelihood is that consumer will just look at accessories next time they buy diapers, or, you can specifically sell them bundled with larger packs instead.

Not all the time because it would make more expensive but I think would be a good idea for airports for example

Back