Would these nappies fit me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengley

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hi.

Being a 15 year old (In 2 weeks) who weighs about 10 stone, would Pampers Baby Dry size 6 fit me OK?

If not, could you recommend some I can buy in the UK, but not online. Shops only.

baby_jakey

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Well happy early birthday. I'm not sure if they would fit you are not as I am not sure how much a stone is. But I do know that size 6 fits most people up to 120 with a 33'
waist. Also it can vary depending whether you are a boy or a girl b/c if your a boy you have some extra junk to fit in there. Hope this helps!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Check the bag of them...And they say what they fit...And compare to what your measurements are...Voila!

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Even if they did fit you they are going to be hard to use and I wouldn't be surprised at all if something goes horribly wrong. I think it will be hard to explain wet pants and a overused pamper diaper to your friends or family.

Craig

Est. Contributor
Well im 14, 15 in october and I can get into a pampers active fit size 6, sure there not the best fit but its either them of dry nites which I also have a few of and as much as the dry nites fit better there just not the same as a pampers, also i usually wear 2....3 if i can be bothered and about wetting, I dont wet often but when I do I find they hold 1 wetting.

P.S I weigh around 7.8 stone with a 28" waist.

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I don't know what a stone is but unless you have less the a 32 waist I would get youth or adult size diapers like Abena or Molicares.
some other one that might work would be Attends, Eruo breif, Wellness brand or Tena
keep us posted.

Little ollie

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't think so mate I am in the 10 st bracket and I am pretty sure they would not fit me. I'd advise opening a bank account getting a debit card and buying some online to be honest.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Per Mirriam Webster Online:

stone : any of various units of weight; especially : an official British unit equal to 14 pounds (6.3 kilograms)

I learned something new about weights today myself.:smile:

~Pramrider

E

Error404

Honestly, your weight means little difference, only you and you alone know your structure. A person whom weighs 7 stone can still have a big waist line due to bone structure or where what fat you have has pooled.

I don't believe anyone here can give anything other than a rough guesstimate at best.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I wouldn't bother with baby diapers if you're over 8 years old, IMO. Why? Because it's like covering a box with printer paper and expecting rain not to go through. Plus, the "padding" won't probably be noticeable enough to give you that "woohoo I'm wearing diapers :D" feeling -- also because of the size differential between your body and the diapers.

Save your money and get some youth/adult diapers. They'll make your money way more worthwhile ;)

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
I very much doubt they'll fit you. There is a way to tape two together, but to be honest, it's a waste of your time.

My only suggestion that you can buy in a store in the UK is Boot Staydry Plus. They're pretty poor, but better than baby nappies. I live in a large-ish city, and that's all I've found. I buy mine online now. If you live near a medical supply store, you might be able to do better, but I wouldn't count on it. I think the NHS provides such things for people who need them for a medical reason, which makes it harder to get them in high street stores.

Online, I can highly recommend BlushingBuyer for reasonable prices, and for fast and discreet shipping. Dorset Nursing sells cases, but they ship them in original boxes and if you look you can see the Molicare logo (for instance) under the tape. I was not pleased when I discovered this after they got shipped to a flat I shared with people. I know you want in store only, but you're pretty well screwed in the UK except online (although apparently Tena is sold in some places, but mostly these aren't ideal for men). Why can't you order online? You should be able to get a bank account and then set up Paypal or get a Maestro or Visa Electron, which you can use for online purchases. Or see if someone in the UK could mail you some if you sent them money via Paypal or a postal order. I'd offer to help, but I'm in the states until September.

Good luck!

bengley

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have a bank account and PayPal, that's not the problem. The problem is that when they come to the door, my mum will definitely ask what they are and she'll probably open them.

I HAVE to buy them in the shops.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Don't bother about baby diapers. Get Drynites. Espacilly if you can't get Adult ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.