Worth it to Buy Defective Pajamas?(JJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardDetective

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Jumpin Jammerz has some rejected pajamas listed at $25.00 compared to their usualy cost of 'too much'. The discription says they are just a little too small(1-2 inches) to corresponed to the size chart, thus the discount price. I'm willing to pay $25.00, but I'm afraid the pajamas wont be small - they will be irregular. Anyone think it is worth the risk, or have bought such pajamas before? Should I get Medium or Large? (Medium is my size, but they are desribed as running a little short.)

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Footies are supposed to fit kinda loose, so I'd go for the large. You should be able to send them back if they don't fit.

Role
  1. Private
I doubt you could send them back though; since they are selling them for cheap I would bet they are asis. I would go with a size bigger, more foom for a full diapee maybe worst case? If not you could always put them on ebay and get your money back if they are too big.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
They are worth it I bet.. like they said they are only roughly a tiny bit smaller. The ones I got were like 55 bucks, but they are worth it if you really wanted footed PJ's.

Role
  1. Private
Oh snap, I should really get some. I got a medium-sized pair a while back and it was a few inches too large on me. Hmmm...

WizardDetective

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Awesome. Thanks, Y'all.

My previous pjs come from Bigfeetpjs - for which a hold a special fondess and affinity for. I'm exited to try a new brand of pajamas.

Qustion to proud pajama patrons: How does that long Jumpin Jammerz zipper feel? My pjs don't have zipers. Any thought either way on zippers?

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
I have Target sleeper zippers, they're identical IIRC to JJ's zippers. They have a guard over them so that you don't scratch your hand etc while brushing over it.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I'd check it out, the regular priced ones on there are quite expensive.

Flanders

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Jumpin Jammerz has some rejected pajamas listed at $25.00 compared to their usualy cost of 'too much'. The discription says they are just a little too small(1-2 inches) to corresponed to the size chart, thus the discount price. I'm willing to pay $25.00, but I'm afraid the pajamas wont be small - they will be irregular. Anyone think it is worth the risk, or have bought such pajamas before? Should I get Medium or Large? (Medium is my size, but they are desribed as running a little short.)

I bought a pair of pajamas from them last winter. I bought the regular ones and not one of the cheaper ones. It might have been the pair I bought, but they seemed to be very cheaply made. It was one layer of material thick, and the seemes seemed to come apart easily. As expenisiver as they were, I would not have recomended them to anyone, however if you can get them alot cheeper it may be worth it to you. I know it is still summer, but in the winter, I often see footed pajamas at Meijers in the woman's section in passing. They look to be made alot better than the ones that I bought online, and they were alot cheaper.

Wizard Detective: I see that your from Texas, so stores their most likelt will not carry them. I'd personally try to find a better store online or wait to see if you go north anytime this winter, and mayby you could buy them then. I don't know if Mejer has a catalog, but you could call a Meijer that is located farther north and see if they can ship it to your local store. If you do order online, I hope it works out better for you than it did for me.

~Ned~

Iggy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
  4. Private
That's mostly why I didn't go with JJ. Having not bought from them personally, just going by what I hear and see on their site it seems you may get some real lemons. Look at amazon.com, they have a number of complaints in the form of comments but I'm not sure if that was a cleverly disguised reseller.

Snugasabug is expensive too but they were willing to pay for the repair on mine. I don't sew but had I known how and had the equipment it was a very easy fix and could have very well been a very good snag but I'm not sure how as I was sleeping while it happened. It was literally a 5 second fix and the other side's seam hasn't ripped. My other pair from them I had 0 problems with, not even much wear on the seams.

It is clothes though so my point is, the only way you won't see wear is if you don't wear them but if you get them just be ready to stitch up a tiny hole before it turns into something huge.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
^I'm surprised by all of these complaints. Mine was expensive, but it is VERY WELL put together. I havn't had any problems with it.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Awesome. Thanks, Y'all.

My previous pjs come from Bigfeetpjs - for which a hold a special fondess and affinity for. I'm exited to try a new brand of pajamas.

Qustion to proud pajama patrons: How does that long Jumpin Jammerz zipper feel? My pjs don't have zipers. Any thought either way on zippers?

you actually don't feel the zipper at all. They got some extra polar fleece between the zipper that way it never makes contact with your body. You also won't see the zipper on the outside either since they do the same thing there. The zipper is always easy to get to and you'll always know where it's at.

But trust me, you don't need to worry about that at all. :p

mummy200010016

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have bought 4 pair over the years from JJ. Expensive yes, but the feet are just right and have held up just fine. But the clown feet on the like bigfoot pajama company really sucks. I have 3 bigfeet I hardly wear becuase of the oversize clown feet on them.

I have found that the marked down ones are sometimes the last few of a size/pattern. Just getting rid of them for the new season.

Iggy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
  4. Private
But the clown feet on the like bigfoot pajama company really sucks. I have 3 bigfeet I hardly wear becuase of the oversize clown feet on them.

I've heard this complaint and seen it. By the way I don't have a huge complaint with snugasabug or anything, sometimes things do just fall apart. Wasn't a catastrophe for me, just something I needed to tend to before it became a problem. Stray threads coming off any clothes as far as I know is totally normal, the only problem I have now is one part of the elastic in the foot being loose but it's not gonna do anything unless all of them start coming out. I have to say mine are still "well-put together" just sharing my experience. I tend to panic sometimes lol, so I notice little things...my other clothes have the same kind of wear and tear and they still work :D. Just wanted to be honest about my experience.

I don't see how JJ could get away with charging a somewhat high price and have so many complaints. If you look at how much clothes are in the store not on sale it's kinda on par, the fleece is not "cheap" either as far as I know. I tried to compare with wholesalers and it seems to be $10-20 yd I believe, cheaper fleece is thinner and cheaper. (snugasabug and jj seem to have similar suppliers or something I've seen the same prints on their sites)

If a "defective" one will fit I don't see why not giving it a shot, at worst you're out $25 bucks or so but even normal ones I don't see them magically falling apart when you get them. Other community members would have to vouch for jj as they have but mine I don't really see becoming unusable anytime soon and should last a few years I'd think. Certainly got my money's worth, dangerously comfy and warm. I don't think jj could serve you wrong, sure hope not at least.

I went with snugasabug by the way for the non-slip bottoms and preferred design, one thing I wondered how you guys cope with that...hardwood/non-carpeted floors so basically a sock foot is kinda diaster waiting to happen in middle of night.

Anywho, I'm waaay off topic so to answer the question directly:
If you're towards the high end of the spectrum of small, I'd be a bit worried about it fitting. Take your measurements and see where you fall on their charts, if you are mid-range or low end of small I'd say go for it. I don't know how close to size they run particularly though. You could also contact them and get a better idea of the measurements if you're still concerned of a fit.

Last edited:

WizardDetective

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I really think I'm going to buy them now. I want to get the large to be sure its big enough. I need a good fleece pajama to replace "Big Red" my first pair. Now I'm worried that they'll all be gone before I get to the bank. Fingers Crossed!!:sweatdrop:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I really think I'm going to buy them now. I want to get the large to be sure its big enough. I need a good fleece pajama to replace "Big Red" my first pair. Now I'm worried that they'll all be gone before I get to the bank. Fingers Crossed!!:sweatdrop:

I am around 6 feet tall with a 30-32 inch waist and I wear size 9 and a half shoes and I can still grow into my medium sized sleeper from JumpinJammers.

WizardDetective

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Remember these are on sale because they are too small to correspond to the normal size chart.

However, I am about 5'7''(not sure) and around, less than, 180 and size 8.5 shoes. AND fleece does tend to get bigger over time.

Last edited:

Iggy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
  4. Private
yeah, there seems to be a good amount of play but if I was towards the end of the spectrum for snugasabug's xl I can see it being a much smaller fit. As far as I know you should have plenty of room in the waist, the feet should be not too big and not too small. It's kind of like sizing a shoe, I don't know if you need the thumb-width but you shouldn't be flopping around and it shouldn't be constant pressure on your feet where your toes hurt or something. If you're in the right range you shouldn't have any problems.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Remember these are on sale because they are too small to correspond to the normal size chart.

However, I am about 5'7''(not sure) and around, less than, 180 and size 8.5 shoes. AND fleece does tend to get bigger over time.

yeah your smaller then then me mostly and I assume your waist line is only 4-6 inches bigger then mine. So I think you'll be fine with a medium even if it is slightly more smaller then normal.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
Where are these at? I don't see them on the site. Did they sell out already?

Status
Not open for further replies.