Worst "premium" diaper you've tried?

NovaDL said:
Stopped buying Bambino Bellisimos a few years back after better options became widely available. Other brands have some kind of coating on the inside of the plastic so it's not just bare plastic against your skin. Bambinos do not, and I found they irritated my skin as a result, and caused heat rash around the sides. Also had some issues with tapes.

I don't buy nearly as often from them as I used to, for much the same reasons. You can fix the hip issues by sprinking in generous talc between your diaper and your hips after changing - I actually do that with ALL my diapers lest I get a huge crop of pimples on my hips. Bambino are now just a "medium thickness diaper" for me - won't last overnight and a tad thicker than I want most days, so not very useful most of the time. The only ones I order now are Teddy.

hex000f said:
North shore Crinkles, hands down. Other "premium" brands had the simple problem of not fitting my body right and thus they'd leak while lying down. These had tapes so unreliable that it felt like a joke. After trying them I was like "Really? all this absorbency and you can't be bothered to make decent tapes?"
I'd just like to point out that Crinklz are NOT made by NorthShore. Crinklz are a product of Thrust Vector Ltd.

Llayden said:
I'd just like to point out that Crinklz are NOT made by NorthShore. Crinklz are a product of Thrust Vector Ltd.
My mistake

hex000f said:
My mistake
Also apparently shortly after northshore started carrying the diapers, 3m changed adhesives without telling anyone, and thrust vector didn't know the tapes weren't as strong as they should be. That was apparently fixed with the next shipment or something, from what I've read.

Anyway, it's possible you got some from the bad batch and that's not indicative of how they really are.

hex000f said:
North shore Crinkles, hands down. Other "premium" brands had the simple problem of not fitting my body right and thus they'd leak while lying down. These had tapes so unreliable that it felt like a joke. After trying them I was like "Really? all this absorbency and you can't be bothered to make decent tapes?" edit: Crinkles are made by thrust vector
I never tried North Shores and it due to their Massive online Ads. I am in an open area so anyone can see what on my screen. So should we have to deal with the embarrassing issue having everyone know?

Lestat said:
I never tried North Shores and it due to their Massive online Ads. I am in an open area so anyone can see what on my screen. So should we have to deal with the embarrassing issue having everyone know?

That's interesting. I've been ordering from them for years now and have never seen an advertisement. I wonder what triggers it or if there are specific sites that you're visiting that I'm not?

flipside said:
Also apparently shortly after northshore started carrying the diapers, 3m changed adhesives without telling anyone, and thrust vector didn't know the tapes weren't as strong as they should be. That was apparently fixed with the next shipment or something, from what I've read.

Anyway, it's possible you got some from the bad batch and that's not indicative of how they really are.
That's good to know. I've found that Rearz Safari diapers work for me including for peeing while lying down, and I only found this after years of self experimentation and trying most of what ABuniverse has to offer, so I'm not likely to switch any time soon

flipside said:

I had two seperate orders from that bad batch. And yeah those 3m tapes were the worst. I believe the new tapes they switched to actually work better than the older tapes from before 3m switched them out anyways.

I haven't tried all that many premium brands so my choices are pretty limited.

I've tried Abena L4, Little Pawz, Crinklz, and NorthShore Supreme Lite.

Of those 4 I like the L4 the least. Mostly because of a lack of waistbands and how the padding clumps up when wet. Just feels like a clumpy plastic bag. It's not a bad diaper by any means, and was the first premium diaper I ever tried that got me hooked, but it's got a lot to be desired.

hex000f said:
North shore Crinkles, hands down. Other "premium" brands had the simple problem of not fitting my body right and thus they'd leak while lying down. These had tapes so unreliable that it felt like a joke. After trying them I was like "Really? all this absorbency and you can't be bothered to make decent tapes?" edit: Crinkles are made by thrust vector
Have you tried them recently? They changed the tapes.

Have never had a single one pop on me even when pushing them to absurd extremes (like wearing in the shower)

M4 with the breathable cover.....(only cotton that I have ever tried)

Lestat said:
I always use Chrome and go incognito when looking at or buying "certain" things online. No cookies or history are meant to be stored to your machine at all. To date, I have had no issues with 3rd party ad's appearing elsewhere when going about "normal" online activities as such.

Reactions: Trevor
Tena flex are the worst thing ever made. The elastic falls apart easily and they don't absorb worth a sh*t.

It all depends (no pun intended) on your body shape, what might work for one might not work for another.

Experiment and find what works for you.

I wear a large Megamax disposable diaper over night. Over that I wear a Gary 2X large pull-up cloth diaper, and a pair of Gary 2X pull-up plastic pants. This will catch any leaks and keep the bed dry. Lastly I wear a pair of extra large Dignity Washable Pant with Built-In Protective Pouch from Allegro medical. They keep the plastic from sticking to my legs. I know that these kinds of multiple layers my seem like a bit much but I'm sleeping through the night. I barely wake up and feel the urge, roll onto my back, go pee, and go right back to sleep. The best part is not having to get out of bed to go pee, and I wake up to a dry bed.

My personal worst has to be the pride diapers. I bought a sample because they looked babyish with the rainbow print, but the legs pinched too much, the tapes didn't hold very well, and it ended up leaking after 2 light wettings.

Back