Worst "premium" diaper you've tried?

Rearz lil monsters. Tapes sucked and had several pinhole leaks. Was not a fan of the lining either.

Abu single tape diapers fit horrible on me. Too big for large feel like in swimming in xl

I think my personal worst experience with premium diapers has been with rearz. I’m a fan of single tape diapers so of course I have to try little squirts back in the day... horrible tapes...

They weren’t all that bad as far as the tape sticking to the front panel but even with them taped up fairly loose the tapes always pulled away from the back panel. Which is a shame, but seems to be the norm for them to have poor tapes

Aside from that, I think next worst experience would have been back in ~2007 with bambino’s when they were full of pinholes. Not really the end of the world as they did get replaced free. But when your fairly new in the diaper scene and your diaper you thought you could depend on suddenly starts soaking your pants... not fun!

blob said:
The current Abena M4. It's not useable.

Such a shame when the X-PLUS was such a great product.

Regarding tapes and rearz its a tough one as everyone body is different, Rearz tape positions work well for me.

I recently got a bag of M4s for a good price. They are not the best but I have been able to get them to fit well and they still have a decent adorbancy. Certainly not great by todays standards but still will work well as mostly a day diaper.

When I first moved to the US from the UK was an exciting time, all these new diapers I have never seen before or tried for that matter. So I set to work seeking out a good diaper that would suit me. Anyway, as this topic is about worst premium diapers, I sure have found a few. Here are my top 3 so far:
1 - Tranquility ATN and beating 2 and 3 on my list by a country mile. The first so called premium diaper I tried here. Not good at all, very poor absorbency in my opinion, plastic shell ripped very easily.
2. Abena M-4 I used to wear these back in the UK, but they stopped making plastic and turned to fabric so switched to something else. I managed to get my hands on some plastic ones here in the US and for some reason, they just didnt seem the same as the UK ones. Not like I remembered anyway.
3. Dry 24/7, amazing absorbency but for some reason, both bottom tapes seem to come unstuck all the time, the top tapes come away from the blue section leaving the blue square attached. I tried just going strait for the white ones and not using the blue, but after a while these also face the same fate. I have tried tight, loose, you name it, always happens

My diaper of choice here is Northshore Supreme.

Robert1 said:
Wellness briefs suck... About 9yrs ago they was my goto diapers i am a very heavy wetter and they would take a ton and just keep swelling bigger then about 6yrs ago they improved them lol yea right they went from great to pinhole leaks and from that to splitting open and the price keeps getting higher
I was glad I use plastic pants with them. They said. Well, it was more for people who did not move much. It ruins a few of my plastic pants. They should advertise only for people in wheelchairs or Bedridden. Not for use for active use.

ABU Kiddo
Nappies R Us Little Rascals

Both absolutely awful!

Slip92 said:
ABU Kiddo
Nappies R Us Little Rascals

Both absolutely awful!

What's wrong with Little Rascals? From my experience, they're one of the best diapers on the market right now?

bambinod said:
What's wrong with Little Rascals? From my experience, they're one of the best diapers on the market right now?

I generally prefer a diaper with high SAP content - I find them to be really uncomfortable when wet!

What I bought about year ago at Carrefour. Can't remember something worse - not enough capacity and a lot of leaks.

For me the worst premium diapers I have tried are atn which I got when I first started wearing diapers and their absorbency want great, the other one I tried when I ran low on my usual diaper was rats rebels. The rebels passing seemed to break apart after awhile and we're not absorbent enough had several leaks with them

With my limited experience with actual adult diapers (only haves tried Abena M4, north shore supreme, supreme lites, mega max, and crinklz) worst was the m4. Unlike the others I have tried the m4 clump instantly and become uncontrollable, which I sad because I love how they look!
If I could take the m4 pattern and strap on a mega max that be the perfect diaper for me.
But a good pattern does not make up for the crappy padding.

There's two kinds of problems I see people running into in these comments. #1 is diaper faults, like the way Abena M4s will clump up after a little while, or the ATN's slow acquisition leading to leaks. #2 is fit issues - Dry 24/7 doesn't fit my body shape well, but MegaMaxes fit perfectly. This causes Dry24/7s to leak when I wear them, but not for others who have a different body shape. I don't consider this a failure on their part, they're just "not for me". Same with BetterDry, yhey work great for others but don't quite fit me well enough for overnight use (but daytime is fine with the leg guards!)

As far as "worst" diaper, I'd say it's probably M4 for me, although the 'space diaper' (Wellness Superio), as well as Tranquility ATN were utterly unusable for me as well, despite fitting fine. Probably better for bowel than urinary incontinence.

Lestat said:
I was glad I use plastic pants with them. They said. Well, it was more for people who did not move much. It ruins a few of my plastic pants. They should advertise only for people in wheelchairs or Bedridden. Not for use for active use.
They didn't used to have that disclaimer and they didn't need it. It has been years now since they slipped to being what I would call non-functional. I would prefer they sell a decent product rather than just warning us it is ineffective.

Trevor said:
They didn't used to have that disclaimer and they didn't need it. It has been years now since they slipped to being what I would call non-functional. I would prefer they sell a decent product rather than just warning us it is ineffective.
See I think it all depends on the person. I myself like unique wellness superio briefs they are my go to as like some others in here I use them more for need so cost effectiveness is important to me.

lilshelly said:
See I think it all depends on the person. I myself like unique wellness superio briefs they are my go to as like some others in here I use them more for need so cost effectiveness is important to me.
Their disclaimer pertains to the Wellness Brief rather than the Superio. I liked the Superio when it came out as it was one of the first diapers I had encountered that swelled significantly. When Tena Slip Maxis became available in the US, they displaced Superio for me due to their similar swelling and capacity but lower price. By the time Tena Slip Maxis were changed, there were alternative diapers to fill that niche. I think the Superio is an alright diaper but too expensive for what it does.

Reactions: lilshelly
Lestat said:
Thats funny they told me the same thing. That shows me how much they care if they are makeing diapers that will allow bedridden people to lay in a wet bed

00Steve00 said:
When I first moved to the US from the UK was an exciting time, all these new diapers I have never seen before or tried for that matter. So I set to work seeking out a good diaper that would suit me. Anyway, as this topic is about worst premium diapers, I sure have found a few. Here are my top 3 so far:
1 - Tranquility ATN and beating 2 and 3 on my list by a country mile. The first so called premium diaper I tried here. Not good at all, very poor absorbency in my opinion, plastic shell ripped very easily.
2. Abena M-4 I used to wear these back in the UK, but they stopped making plastic and turned to fabric so switched to something else. I managed to get my hands on some plastic ones here in the US and for some reason, they just didnt seem the same as the UK ones. Not like I remembered anyway.
3. Dry 24/7, amazing absorbency but for some reason, both bottom tapes seem to come unstuck all the time, the top tapes come away from the blue section leaving the blue square attached. I tried just going strait for the white ones and not using the blue, but after a while these also face the same fate. I have tried tight, loose, you name it, always happens

My diaper of choice here is Northshore Supreme.
Yep yep I totally agree with this list! And Northshore Supreme are the best IMO!

Stopped buying Bambino Bellisimos a few years back after better options became widely available. Other brands have some kind of coating on the inside of the plastic so it's not just bare plastic against your skin. Bambinos do not, and I found they irritated my skin as a result, and caused heat rash around the sides. Also had some issues with tapes.

North shore Crinkles, hands down. Other "premium" brands had the simple problem of not fitting my body right and thus they'd leak while lying down. These had tapes so unreliable that it felt like a joke. After trying them I was like "Really? all this absorbency and you can't be bothered to make decent tapes?" edit: Crinkles are made by thrust vector

Last edited:
Back