Worst "premium" diaper you've tried?

kinda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For me, I think it's Little Monsters from Rearz. Tapes are bad, fit isn't great. Only one I've had a leak from too I think. What about y'all?

The only Diaper I have tried that I didn't like which was supposed to be a good diaper (probably considered "premium" as I consider that to basically mean Decent, and not "Amazing" or "Perfect") was some form of Tena Ultima, I mean the padding itself didn't seem bad, but the backing was incredibly thin and easy to rip.

And of course absorbency wasnt that great, but it was probably the cheapest "premium" diaper on XPmedical at that time so it probably could have been much worse I suppose.

Hands down, Tranquility ATN. I'm not sure they qualify as "premium" anymore, but they used to. Way back when (15-20 years ago) there weren't many options: Abena X-Plus, Molicare Superplus, and Tranquility ATN. That was about it until the rise of Secure X-Plus and Bambino. The ATN's got a lot of love and were always raved about on the forums. People still mentioned them quite frequently even as little as a couple of years ago. To me they were always horrible. The plastic was horrible, the padding was horrible, the performance was horrible, and the ridiculous amount of excess plastic material was a joke.

Reactions: QTnPLASTIC, TexasToast11, Jonnythepony and 1 other person
Llayden said:
Hands down, Tranquility ATN. I'm not sure they qualify as "premium" anymore, but they used to. Way back when (15-20 years ago) there weren't many options: Abena X-Plus, Molicare Superplus, and Tranquility ATN. That was about it until the rise of Secure X-Plus and Bambino. The ATN's got a lot of love and were always raved about on the forums. People still mentioned them quite frequently even as little as a couple of years ago. To me they were always horrible. The plastic was horrible, the padding was horrible, the performance was horrible, and the ridiculous amount of excess plastic material was a joke.

I totally agree- the ATN's were an absolute disaster for me, the capacity is NOT for those with heavy incontinence

The current Abena M4. It's not useable.

Such a shame when the X-PLUS was such a great product.

Regarding tapes and rearz its a tough one as everyone body is different, Rearz tape positions work well for me.

Reactions: QTnPLASTIC
blob said:
The current Abena M4. It's not useable.

Such a shame when the X-PLUS was such a great product.

Regarding tapes and rearz its a tough one as everyone body is different, Rearz tape positions work well for me.
Oh really? I haven't worn an M4 since 2015 but I was tempted to buy more. I didn't realize they're not made anymore. That's terrible. Guess only the ABDL companies make good diapers anymore. Shame.

For me that's the comfy dry 24/7 , many will frown upon this but i leaked every single time with them, tried both medium and large, bur medium was definitely too small.
For such an expensive diaper i was very disappointed.

Reactions: Tinklepanties
I'll agree with the atn's being the worst, many years ago these were branded as super absorbing "night time protection" I ordered a pack and put one on and was like wtf.. these are just a step up from depends lol, the most recent disappointment for me was crinklz, they are very thick but the tapes (especially the lower ones) always seem to migrate on me, the plastic is a little thin for my likings and the cut on mediums is a hair to short, but larges are way to big on me.

Very open ended question actually as all nappies have different cuts, as we all have different body shapes. So one could be fantastic yet for the next person crap. I must admit ive travelled the world and the USA think they have the best which is far from it.. ATN are crap always were. USA could not even get tena maxi slip for years. For me bambinos teddy bears are crap but only cause they don't fit my body shape.

I think all "premium" Diaper in the market actually are bad, sadly 90% is the same product only the color and the absorbency change.

I tried the littleforbig little fantasy and little dreamer diapers. Didn't much care for them. The plastic was kind of stiff and they had a strong chemical/plastic smell to them. Pretty disappointed in that since they were really cute looking. Had a similar experience with the changing times bear hugz diapers not as strong of a smell but very stiff plastic. Diapers are supposed to be soft people!

Wellness briefs suck... About 9yrs ago they was my goto diapers i am a very heavy wetter and they would take a ton and just keep swelling bigger then about 6yrs ago they improved them lol yea right they went from great to pinhole leaks and from that to splitting open and the price keeps getting higher

Reactions: Lestat
kinda said:
For me, I think it's Little Monsters from Rearz. Tapes are bad, fit isn't great. Only one I've had a leak from too I think. What about y'all?
Same here. Rearz, ABU, Tykables, etc. Really any diaper which uses a tape landing zone will also have that "no lower tapes" design (where the lowest tape is positioned at the middle of the wing instead). This means I will never be able to get a snug seal around the legs, and will leak long before reaching any kind of rated capacity.

Honestly, I have tried literately every one of them now and guess what I have found to be the best? Dry life Slips! So incredibly cheap aswell. And I find them the most comfiest.

I can’t stand Rearz, oh but also I do like Bambinos even tho they seem to always fall apart and I am not keen on the noisy landing zones, it’s the same problem I had with Rearz, I can only seem to feel the plastic on the landing zone and not the nice soft padding of a Nappy.

winterheart01 said:
For me that's the comfy dry 24/7 , many will frown upon this but i leaked every single time with them, tried both medium and large, bur medium was definitely too small.
For such an expensive diaper i was very disappointed.
I agree that confi-drys are, for me, the most disappointing “premium” diaper I’ve tried. They seem to leak around the leg opening long before reaching capacity. I also agree with others who’ve previously mentioned they tend to feel very wet/clammy long before reaching capacity.
I’m finding that I keep going back to 3 “tried & true” choices: NorthShore MegaMax for overnights, Supreme Lights for when I’m out & about, and BetterDrys for daytime use when at home.

A few come to mind for me. First, the early LFB diapers. I had a few packs when they first came out, and the quality wasn’t that great. They felt cheap at the time and didn’t seem to really wick the moisture away very well, and had a tendency to either leak or deep moisture when putting pressure (i.e. sitting/laying with one on).

Second, Rearz Little Monsters. For me, I’m not a big fan of how they are cut. They almost feel a little too constricting in places. There’s also the tape issue, which I understand was a temporary thing, but still, didn’t exactly make for a great experience. My issue was with the bottom tapes always losing their strength and going before the tops. It made it hard to really wear them if I knew I’d be more active on a given day. That, and they could’ve wicked the moisture a bit better, but that’s just my two cents.

Third, Bambino Magnifico. Love the print, love the fit, especially love the stretchy wings and Velcro tapes. My issue is despite how thick they are, the absorbency does not match the thickness. It’s a very soft and fluffy diaper, but I was disappointed by how quickly they were soaked compared to my usual picks. That, and the price. I’d be willing to pay what they ask if the performance was more comparable to its competitors, but just for the prints and tapes, I’ll pass. I do kind of wish other manufacturers would start offering diapers with stretchy wings, though. Put it on a ABU or Tykables diaper, and I am sold.

I was disappointed greatly by crinklz/ betterdry, i ordered them because everyone else thought super highly of them but every single one leaked around the legs when the diaper was half full. I think the worst part is i really wanted them to work and i wanted to like them and i did except the leaking part, oddly enough unlike most of you folks i dont have that problem with dry 24/7.

I haven't tried Magnificos simply because of the price; sure to some they may be worth it; but to me if they wanna charge $3+ per diaper they need to bring more to the table than a nice print and good tapes along with good absorbency.

For that kind of price you could buy PeekABU, Simple Ultra, NorthShore MegaMax, or MyDiaper Ultra; all are quite a bit better than most ABDL Diapers out there; and now there is Rearz Barnyard as well which seem like their take on an "Ultra" Diaper with the higher stated Absorbency.

Last edited:
I also hate rearz the single tape inspire has horrible feel on the plastic shell and zafari have a horrible fit on me because the sides are too long.

My only failure was the NS Supreme Pull-up. Leaked every time. Might be my body shape. The other NS tabbed diapers are great.

For my uses, the Abena M-4 is my overnight and morning soaker. I change into a Tranquility ATN for my morning chores.

Back