World Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
i tried that site, thanks ayanna i can't seem to get it into here.

Heya, i have just been speaking to Peachy and thought about this small idea :p

Ok, so what if we can make a new thread? it has a huge map on it and members that read the thread, are able to mark their own location.

I have seen one before, and Peachy said there's such things as this somewhere on the Internet.

What do you think about this? Good idea? Bad idea?:thumbup:

Last edited:

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Nice, i thought it was a good idea to maybe meet people if they are reasonabily close to each other

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I wouldn't do that myself though. Security, privacy and interest issues. =P

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
bravenet.com offers a cool 'guest map' feature...it opens in a separate window and you just put a pin in the country where you live (in your general area) and you can leave 'notes' with your 'pin' as well...

I had one on a Kyodai Mahjongg Fan Site that you can view here It only has 3 or 4 pins in it LOL but it gives you an idea how it works.

Note: If you put a proper link to your guestmap it opens in a separate guestmap-size window.

F

FullMetal

That sounds really cool, good suggestion dude.

FullMetal

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Sounds like a nice idea. The area where I live is crowded enough that if I don't put it right on our house (if it'd even zoom that far) it'd take you a long time to figure out who I was.

Role
Diaper Lover
I remember we had that one trying to find all 50 states.

This would be better.

F

FullMetal

I remember we had that one trying to find all 50 states.

This would be better.
That was me...but it got recked because...people....don't know....how to....count >.> :velho: (the dragon has nothing to do with anything...just thought it would have dramatic effect...)

FullMetal

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Nice, i guess this is the best thing i have ever done :p

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I had had the same idea (which I got from Avery, when he said how d-boys.net indicated how many members on its forum were from a certain area.) Bravo to Corky, Avery, and also to Fullmetal and Ayanna for coming up with ways to make it happen. I appreciate the security issues involved; I wonder if it would be possible to have a unique code, 1 per member, generated by the forum. Then you could use your code as the label attached to your pin. I am willing to say I am in Edmonton Alberta; greater Edmonton has a population of over 1 000 000. But those in a small town or village may well not want to name it, for obvious reasons. Not only are there issues of school-mates, parents, vengeful ex-lovers, and creepy old deekers finding you out, but there are members of hate groups who might very well go to the ends of the earth to harm a dl.

Of course, it might be just as easy to place your pin on the map in the nearest big population centre or within a large geographic area: borough, county, state, prefecture, or what have you.

BTW, now the cat is out of the bag, I can tell you Edmonton is the second largest city in Alberta after Calgary, with a population of 730,372 , and is the hub of Canada's sixth largest census metropolitan area, with a metropolitan population of 1,034,945, making it the northernmost North American city with a metropolitan population over one million.

At 684 square kilometres (264 sq mi), the City of Edmonton covers an area larger than Chicago, Philadelphia, Toronto or Montreal. Edmonton has one of the lowest population densities in North America, about 9.4% that of New York City

I have a dream that ADISC - or a forum modelled on it - or several interconnected forums - will arise, uniting the *b/dl community as a whole worldwide. While we wait for translation software to improve, there might be multilingual ambassadors to "connect" the disparate forums that exist. This is a big idea whose time is coming. And if it does happen, the people credited in this post (plus Moo) would be, among its founding fathers (and bunnehz!) :th_dancingraccoon:

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
I put my exact location on my post bit.
Am I worried? No,
I have weapons.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I put my exact location on my post bit.
Am I worried? No,
I have weapons.
Well, when I stop by, I expect cake, tea and a hug...not bullets. Or is that the Pennsylvania way of saying "hello"? :eek!:

Peachy

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
If thats the case, expect Tea, Hershey's coco, and some fresh PADutch cheeses.
Weapons are just PA's way of saying GTFO.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
If thats the case, expect Tea, Hershey's coco, and some fresh PADutch cheeses.
Weapons are just PA's way of saying GTFO.
Pennsylvania "DUTCH" is actually a misnomer...it's Pennsylvania "DEUTSCH" :p

Just thought I'd point that out...they didn't come from the Netherlands but rather from Germany...it was just America screwing with the proper pronunciation and spelling that changed it to Dutch!

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Why would you have to put your 'exact' location on the map? The Bravenet map, anyway, only shows email addresses and so on to the site owner, and I don't think even those are required to 'pin'.

I would think if everyone just used their adisc usernames, their country, and added their flag and a brief message it'd be really cool!

But hey, that's just my opinion (exact location is impossible to get on a world map, anyway) The only draw back would be people who don't know how to find their own country/state on an unmarked map! LOL

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
But we already know most members are in Canada, Australia, UK, or America. There are 1 or 2 in Sweden, Norway, Holland, Italy, and Germany. A little more specific would be nice.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
membermap is a mod that if found on vbulletin.org that does this. Maybe we'll have to wait a little while until v2 is released and so far I also haven't seen a world map yet. well let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.