World Coins

You are one wild coin buyer! I should talk. I think I'm going to buy myself for Christmas an expensive DAC for my stereo setup.

dogboy said:
You are one wild coin buyer! I should talk. I think I'm going to buy myself for Christmas an expensive DAC for my stereo setup.
The one with the most toys when they die WINS!!!!!!

Reactions: DylanLewis
Haha.....my sound system is well in the running.

I was working on my collection last night and wound up on ebay again. I made bids on 2 New Zealand mint sets and a Falkland Island 50 pence. Then I also found and bought a Canadian 2010 RCM magnetic cent. I was surprised at how many there was, compared to the last time I looked and how far the price dropped.

As of this morning all four are in the mail.

I am also getting change from the grocery shopping to hide my planned trip to the coin shop for the black friday sale with 25% of everything except spot price.

I used to collect the U.S. mint sets and have quite a few of them. I've often wondered how much they're worth.

So not coins but today I bought the DAC I was looking at, a Schiit Gunger Multibit. That will work between my Cambridge Audio CD transport and my McIntosh MA 352 integrated amp.

dogboy said:
I used to collect the U.S. mint sets and have quite a few of them. I've often wondered how much they're worth.
Rough thumbnail figure: 1940's $2000, 1950's early $1700 middle $500 late $50, 1960's $35 to $5 depending on the year, after that $10 to $5 depending on the year.

That's what I was afraid. They're 70s on.

Oh no! I always stopped by either after hours or on Monday an this other coin shop in our area was closed.

Not so yesterday! Nice loop, 4th auction catalog of roman coins, and 3 packages of coins for Angola and Mauritius. Now I will have to go back to trade the duplicates of the coins, but I did get 7 silver coins out of the deal.

I do so much hope my wife does not decide to look something up in the check book and see how much I have spent on coins this month.

Very nice if you got genuine silver.

Black Friday sale!!!! 4 walking half dollar, 4 less then $5 coins, 10 lb box of foreign coins and another roman coin auction catalog.

It amazes me that there are so many Roman coins being traded.

dogboy said:
It amazes me that there are so many Roman coins being traded.
That is exactly why the price is falling on them. The more people attempt to dig up relics the more they find solder stashes.

egor said:
That is exactly why the price is falling on them. The more people attempt to dig up relics the more they find solder stashes.
I remember buying them by the pound in unsearched and uncleaned condition. A few gems with a ton of slugs.

So our family cruise to Mexico for Christmas was cancelled and I got the money for that refunded. A big chunk of it is set aside for Christmas. The other part is "available"

So yesterday I mad a quick trip to the coin shop and came home with a 1914 Belgium 20 franc with dutch writing and a Mexican 1955 5 peso coin. BOTH GOLD. That brings me up to 2.77 oz of gold.

egor said:
So our family cruise to Mexico for Christmas was cancelled and I got the money for that refunded. A big chunk of it is set aside for Christmas. The other part is "available"

So yesterday I mad a quick trip to the coin shop and came home with a 1914 Belgium 20 franc with dutch writing and a Mexican 1955 5 peso coin. BOTH GOLD. That brings me up to 2.77 oz of gold.
Very nice. I have half a dozen of the 2 peso coins. Very convenient way to get gold on a budget, just dont drop one! Last gold purchase I did was a 10 franc french rooster coin. Think it was dated 1914

I am totally out of control. Just picked up my 258th country with a 1998 Palau $1 Gold twin mermaid.

egor said:
I am totally out of control. Just picked up my 258th country with a 1998 Palau $1 Gold twin mermaid.
What is that coin made from?

Lonelydl said:
What is that coin made from?
It is a 1/20 oz of gold coin with two mermaids on the reverse.

It's nice having some open money for once. So I bought 3 more gold coins today.

Reactions: Lonelydl
egor said:
It's nice having some open money for once. So I bought 3 more gold coins today.
Nice. What did you get?

Back