World Coins

egor said:
I do not remember where or when I got it, but it did not go for a price that was that notable.

Update.

Now I understand. I did not have it listed because it is sealed off in the book. So I will have to add and * to the "complete" phrase.

Standing eating humble pie.

I did a coin need file update and found three errors in the listing I am now three coins off from getting my mercury collection complete.

Hopefully the other three are cheaper?

egor said:
Bottom line (when I got my heart tromped on years ago.)Nothing!

Actual Told by several dealers/buyers US coins face value unless key date and then they will not give you that much. Most foreign coins are devalued so very little unless they are key dates, then again they will not give you that much.

For me in Vancouver. 2 cents for wheat backs, face value for everything else, 3/4 spot market on silver and gold. All Foreign coins 2 cents each unless there is a lot of Canadian, then it is 30cents on the dollar, and they will not take Euro.

So like I have said before this is a hobby where you actually do through good money after bad.
I guess we better hope the price of silver keeps going up 🤞

Picked up 6 barber quarters today.

👍

I got two liberty walking halves I won on eBay in the mail today.

I have my sights set on a few items. Some walking liberty halfs along with a quarter ounce krugerrand

And to think, when I was a kid, I would find coins like that in my change. Ah.....good times.

dogboy said:
And to think, when I was a kid, I would find coins like that in my change. Ah.....good times.
Ya. what about back in our days when you found a quarter on the street and you could get enough candy bars to stay in a sugar rush for a week!

went a little crazy last night and bid on some key date coins that I need to finish collections.

Now to wait and see what happens.

egor said:
Ya. what about back in our days when you found a quarter on the street and you could get enough candy bars to stay in a sugar rush for a week!

One of the stories I wrote this winter for my creative writing course was titled, "Smokers" and was the story of how I started smoking and what it lead up to. In the story I talked about myself when I was in grade school, finding a quarter and riding my bike to a gas station to buy a pack of Lucky Strikes. You could get them for a quarter. If it was a standing Liberty quarter, it went into my collection.

I won some of my bids on e-bay. picked up a 1869 Indian head, waiting on the bid to end on a 1870. Money transfer should be confirmed tomorrow and I can buy a 1912 S liberty nickel. and if the bidding does not get to crazy I hope to get a 1885 Liberty on Wednesday to complete that collection.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
I won 10 liberty walking halves Saturday. No one was bidding at the end. I paid on average $10.50 each with shipping included.

egor said:
I won some of my bids on e-bay. picked up a 1869 Indian head, waiting on the bid to end on a 1870. Money transfer should be confirmed tomorrow and I can buy a 1912 S liberty nickel. and if the bidding does not get to crazy I hope to get a 1885 Liberty on Wednesday to complete that collection.
Just bought the 1912 S

The bidding did get crazy for the 1885. So before I upped my bid again I went and looked at the 1885 v back options.

There was one buy it now in better shape and would have been less then the bid I would have put in on the other one. It arrives Tuesday. I just finished my Liberty nickel collection!

Congratulations on the Liberty nickel collection.

20190823_203232 (2).jpg

Here is a picture of the complete collection.

Last edited:
Really nice Egor. I wish mine was filled.

I just found a war nickel. Over the years I have accumulated perhaps 60ish of them for free from my change

Reactions: egor and RedPandaDL
Lonelydl said:
I just found a war nickel. Over the years I have accumulated perhaps 60ish of them for free from my change
The things that you get in your change is fun.

Once two days in a row I got a silver Roosevelt Dime from Mc Donald's.
The only time I got a silver Washington quarter in my change was at the LA Airport. The guy was such an jerk I just looked at him, thanked him, laughed and walked away.

egor said:
The things that you get in your change is fun.

Once two days in a row I got a silver Roosevelt Dime from Mc Donald's.
The only time I got a silver Washington quarter in my change was at the LA Airport. The guy was such an jerk I just looked at him, thanked him, laughed and walked away.
I see those from time to time. I was got a steel penny back in my change when I bought coffee. Bever thought I would see one in my change randomly like that

Back