• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Working out

How much do you work out?

• 0 times a week

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 1-2 times a week

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 2-3 times a week

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 4-5 times a week

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • 6-7 or more times a week

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FullMetal

Just wondering, do you work out? And if so, what do you work out? Is it all to just look good? To stay in shape? Prolong your life? And what kind? Do you do weight training, aerobic?

At school, when I did not have too much time, I tried to work out at least 3-4 times a week on average. Now that I am home, I think it will go up to 5-6, betting on six more. I weight train and love it.

At first, I just did it to try it out, see what it was like and didn't really like it. But after a while it becomes like a drug. Since, when you work out, your mind releases endorphins (the things that make you feel happy, he effect also happens when you eat chocolate) after a while it feels amazing and can even be a stress reliever.

If you don't work out at all, I think you should give it a try. It's fun and its good for you :D

FullMetal

B

Butterfly Mage

I usually take 4 or 5 brisk walks each week. I average 4 miles per hour. I walked 9 miles this morning. Basically, I can't do anything about getting older, but I have some say about what level of fitness I will have. So I am adamant about someday being a fit, trim, distinguished older gentleman and not some 300 pound old fat slob with a lot of health problems.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't exercise regularly/on purpose. I just get my exercise from work (walking around, lifting boxes, etc)

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Everyday, be it football practice or at the gym. I do take breaks from time to time, most of the time on Sundays.

S

soren456

I walk a lot. Even though I got a car for Christmas, I really enjoy walking.

I swim laps a couple times a week.

I have a squash partner. We meet twice a week.

One word: BADMINTON! If you haven't played it, let me encourage you. Played inside on a wood floor, it is vicious, nasty, brutal, fast and exhilarating. It is not the polite little lawn game you think it is.

Beyond that, I'm lazy . . . . :biggrin:

ej24

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
When I'm living at school I have 24/7 access to a nice gym facility, so I'm there roughly 6 days a week. But when I'm home its much harder to keep up with my lifting routine seeing as I dont feel like driving 30minutes to the closest gym.

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As a former fat ass, working out is a part of my daily lifestyle now, and forever.

I do a full-body work out three times a week and run three days a week. I rest one day a week. My work out routine usually lasts about an hour and a half.

Like you said, working out is like a drug. The gym has become my sanctuary. It feels good to go and sweat it all out. I just don't feel myself if I go several days without come kind of intense physical activity. That slightly sore feeling you get after a hard work out is one of the best feelings in the world.

I work out for pure vanity reasons. I've had to work through a lot of issues with the way I think my body looks and working out helps keep my subconscious in check. I also work out for social reasons...the gym is a great place to meet like-minded individuals. I just wish my gym wasn't so much of a meat locker....

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I swim approximately 1500 yards each weekday, and do (at least) 450 situps every day.

I love swimming, and sit-ups are...meh.

Does this count? :D

--The Silent Assassin--

M

Matrix Blade

I workout a good bit, because I play football and baseball. At school, I do bench press, squat, incline, and plate raises. At home, I jump on my trampoline everyday for about 30 minutes.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hate to break the chain , but I dont exercise...of course I cant ...of course I have a medical condition that makes it nearly impoosible

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Just wondering, do you work out? And if so, what do you work out? Is it all to just look good? To stay in shape? Prolong your life? And what kind? Do you do weight training, aerobic?

At school, when I did not have too much time, I tried to work out at least 3-4 times a week on average. Now that I am home, I think it will go up to 5-6, betting on six more. I weight train and love it.

At first, I just did it to try it out, see what it was like and didn't really like it. But after a while it becomes like a drug. Since, when you work out, your mind releases endorphins (the things that make you feel happy, he effect also happens when you eat chocolate) after a while it feels amazing and can even be a stress reliever.

If you don't work out at all, I think you should give it a try. It's fun and its good for you :D

FullMetal
I do work out. It's something that I've only started lately.

I do completely cardio. ^_^ Nothing involving weights or anything. I just play DDR-X for hours on end, while drinking a total of about 2 liters of water. :) (I made a thread about that, didn't I?)

I work out in order to look better, which also implies staying in shape. The reasoning for it being all cardio is so that I'll lose weight and manage to tone my body (Or whatever the hell I actually mean to say) without building up any bulky muscle mass. :/

I agree, it does make you feel so much better.. But that may be because I'm playing fricking DDR. :D

I do it randomly, by the way. One week, it was almost every day, then I didn't play again for almost a month. I'm just sporadic about it. *shrugs*

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't work out at all, and it is something I really need to start doing. Well, not necessarily working out, but getting exercise in one way or another. At the moment I don't do anything and I know it is really bad for me.

To be honest I don't want to build up much muscle. I am one of the best arm wrestlers in my year without working out. I have a lot of muscle without it, especially in my upper body, I just want to lose weight. I should also probably start eating more healthfully, but when I do I have found that only did so much.

I think what I would really enjoy is to go swimming more often. Perhaps now I am out of school I should make sure I go two or three times a week and just do lengths. I am not particularly quick or anything, but I find it really relaxing, and once I get into it I have quite a bit of stamina for it.

I really need to find the motivation to get more exercise. When I was 13 or 14 I was the same height I am now but had a waist 6" smaller which is far more reasonable. I want to work back down to that again. I don't want to be skinny, just not fat.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Just look at my picture in the members gallery and work it out. Anyway I walk a mile to and from school everyday, walk my dog for at least an hour everyday, and take part in watersports at least 3 times a week. I used to do swimming but up at 5.30am for a 6am start just get tiresome after a while. Despite this I'm still fat :mad:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Ah yes... I work out quite often.

Lifting beer bottles and pushing buttons on the 360 remote counts... right?

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Just look at my picture in the members gallery and work it out. Anyway I walk a mile to and from school everyday, walk my dog for at least an hour everyday, and take part in watersports at least 3 times a week. I used to do swimming but up at 5.30am for a 6am start just get tiresome after a while. Despite this I'm still fat :mad:
*giggles* Watersports...

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I work out in some form on all weekdays, and take a break on the weekend. I ride my bike vigorously (and swing sometimes), and I do sit ups, wall sits, core excersizes, etc.

I'm doing this stuff 'cause it makes me feel better mentally and physically. I want to tone up as well, and losing weight would be an extra benefit I suppose.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Ah, working out. I weight lift 4 times a week, but I make sure to do a half hour of cardio every day. I started lifting weights in the ninth grade, when I was fourteen. Back then it was all just for the looks. I've also been biking to school and work everyday for the past six years: six miles and all uphill.

Nowadays, I've come to realize, this is all I got. I'm not rich and I'm not smart, I've got no hand-eye coordination, so being good-lookin is the only thing I got.
Plus, I want to be like Tony Horton who looks like he's in his 30's when he's actually 50.

Anyway, not to boast or anything, but I've managed to maintain 5% body fat and a six pack since the age of fourteen. I don't plan on quitting anytime soon either. You know how people always seem to give up being fit once they leave school, get a job and a car, and get married? Hopfully that won't be me. I want to bike in the tour de france some day, sans steroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.