Working out while wearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishamongmen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone tried working out while wearing diapers? Im curious if its really comfortable while running on the treadmill or not. What brands do you recommend for running in?

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I did one in a pullups. It was mostly horrible.
If you sweat, you get very uncortable.

I would not do it again.
If I'd be forced to, I'd wear a catheter and leg bag instead.

Puffs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Has anyone tried working out while wearing diapers? Im curious if its really comfortable while running on the treadmill or not. What brands do you recommend for running in?

Working out in diapers? That sounds interesting and it would certainly make me wanna work out :3

Fishamongmen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think it would be kind of fun depending on the diaper. Also if it was a pull up style or a tape style of diaper, I think the pull up one would be better, I would be afraid of the sides opening on the other.

JOCKMAN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have worn beneath cotton running pants (with drawstring) when I was in college. Just walking to the club location on campus about 1 mile away was enough to bother me with the padding between my legs. I would defintely not run in them. Also, I could feel the cotton jogging pants slipping on my plastic underpants and was thankful I had a tight drawstring. Add in the overall bulk and I was happy the jogging pants were a bit large in the butt (though I still felt self-conscious that someone might hear the sound when I was moving). I lifted some weights but just felt uncomfortable doing any exercise from the waist down. Having people know I wore protection at night for security reasons is one thing; having them find out I sometimes liked to wear during the day also would definitley bother some people that can understand the bedding protection but not the enjoyment. But this is just my opinion.

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I do mon, wed, and Friday. I have to due to my OAB. I would not get through a workout without going several times. If your not use to it, yes it's uncomfortable. I wear the Biancos from Bambino. It took me time to get use to it and skin to get use to the rashes, which I don't get anymore. All is great now! I'm sure people even see my diaper once in a while if my shirt pulls up, but I try to do a good job of hiding it!

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
No one really cares. They may look out of curiosity. It's a good topic of discussion if someone is curious. I know people have seen mine and look but don't care. I don't care, I'm too focused at the gym. If they say something I would tell them it has been a life long medical condition.

Yeah somebody seeing it would be my big fear

Fishamongmen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you don't mind me asking, what type do you usually wear to run in and how bad is the chafing?

C

CrinklySiren

I've never done it, and i've always wanted to ~ but living in Miami makes it especially difficult and uncomfortable; for one, its WAY TOO HOT to simply wear a diaper on a NORMAL day, let alone when your body is getting warmed up and being pushed to sweat ~ The diaper becomes uncomfortable, you chafe, it actually makes you FEEL hotter and sweat MORE. Though I've wanted to wear during yoga, but even this presents a problem with the balance of your body. I wouldn't mind lifting weights or using a machine while working out and wearing, but as far as using my body weight as a work out, or running, or squatting or really anything in which my body is in constant motion ~ I wouldn't recommend it.... at least not where i live lol.

That and another thing about not wearing in yoga is the crinkle lol, i dont care if my diaper shows or if people see it, but the crinkle would make the calm and silent vibe of the room pretty awkward.... its not so much that i dont want people to know im wearing, i just dont want to be "that person with the Sun Chips bag in a library" if you get the reference xD

irnub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I've worn while hiking before. Zero problems with chafing, but I did start to sweat around the area covered by the diaper, which then got itchy and annoying.

I've had the same thing happen in hotter temperatures (like high 90s) when not wearing a diaper, but at least with underwear on it's a bit easier to scratch.

whiskeybravo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you don't mind me asking, what type do you usually wear to run in and how bad is the chafing?

Well, I run either with a Abena M4 disposable, or a Depedeco AIO. I've found that it's best to forgo the plastic pants, as they are the major cause of the chafing. Also, I would wear when I was running slower, (with my dog) and wearing because I like how they feel. If I was wearing out of necessity, a slimmer diaper, and some barrier cream would help limit the chafing. Where the diaper rubs my thighs was always the problem.

S

Starrunner

We runners are way ahead on this topic! I wear Depends Maximum Protection when I'm running, usually about six miles a day. They're also fine for longer runs. Several years ago I ran a marathon while diapered and had no problems, not to mention all the training and long runs leading up to the race day.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Before my recent weekday purge I did my morning exercises, (sit ups, push ups pull ups stretches etc.), in whatever I woke up in and in whatever condition it may have been in every day. Now I'm diapered on weekends but still go through my morning routine diapered then, (It only takes me ten minutes),.

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other

Being IC I don't have much of a choice in this.
And I'm sporty... very active in sports.

But here's the thing: THIN PRODUCT preferrably cloth-covered. and a TIGHT fitting boxer brief or bike-short or whatever like that OVER the IC Product (I mostly wear PADS (Tena Comfort) during the day) followed by your regular sports outfit.
This way the discomfort is absolutely minimal.

Fishamongmen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can understand why cloth would be better than plastic covered diapers since the plastic would stick to your legs as you sweat.

jdinvirginia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Has anyone tried wearing compression shorts or compression pants?

I have found my Underarmour compression shorts and pants to marvelously eliminate chafing between the diaper and the crotch/inner thighs, even in warm weather.

As a bonus, the compression pants also significantly help to conceal the diaper under thin athletic clothing.

--JD

S

Starrunner

Does it take some getting used to running while diapered?

Being IC, I started wearing while running about fifteen years ago. I've been running for thirty five years but when I switched to wearing while running I really didn't notice any difference. I guess it depends(!) on the product you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.