• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Working for a diaper company...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
of course keeping your whole lifestyle choice secret......

Would you ever take a job working for the diaper division of a company like Kimberly Clark or Proctor & Gamble?? Seems like we are more qualified than the majority of people to design and market these products, considering we know a thing or two about diapers. If lots of us did pursue jobs in that field, do you think the industry would be better than it is now?

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, KC makes both adult and baby diapers. I really don't think it would make them better in general, though if DLs actually were allowed to design diapers, we'd probably like them more :p

The problem is, what DLs want in a diaper is very different from what the average consumer wants. We tend to want thick, snug diapers, and even sometimes ones that are noisy. People who wear diapers out of necessity are more likely to want something that's easily concealed and with just enough capacity for what they need.

As for baby diapers, I'm not sure how Huggies size 12 would go over at the plant :rofl:.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
yeah but don't you think we could better understand what the consumers want? Such as the concealment factor....

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I would. You'd probly get an employ discount = P

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well when it comes to baby diapers, I think a parent is more qualified than us. When it comes to bedwetting diapers, I think a bedwetter is more qualified, and when it comes to adult diapers, I think someone who -truly- needs them would be more qualified.

Frankly, just because I like to wear them doesn't mean I know squat about them. I know what I'd want in fantasy land, but do I really know what makes them better to those who truly need them?

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I would be interested in it from the engineering point of view, but it isn't really the area I want to go into. I certainly wouldn't consider *BDL (a minor part of the market) to be good customers to base the wants of a whole on - a product is designed for the majority of it's customers. I would take the job if I wanted to go into a more closely related area of engineering but Mech Eng --> Diapers is limited.

On a slightly connected point, I wouldn't be suprised if diaper companies do know about *BDL. They will make an effort to know all of there market. We are in the minority so they won't do much to make there products suitable for us, been as we often want something very different to their primary consumer, but I would not be suprised if they were aware of this area of the market, even if they don't consider it too much.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
On a slightly connected point, I wouldn't be suprised if diaper companies do know about *BDL. They will make an effort to know all of there market. We are in the minority so they won't do much to make there products suitable for us, been as we often want something very different to their primary consumer, but I would not be suprised if they were aware of this area of the market, even if they don't consider it too much.
Certainly. It seems likely that there is some connection between Bambinos and Secure X-Plus, between the similarity in the diapers and the fact that bambino's site links directly to them (and not to any other diaper manufacturers/distributors).

Also, I recall a while back there was a Pampers survey that was circulating around the *BDL communities. One of the questions was something like "Adult Pampers would be great. Agree/Dissagree". I think it was probably used to filter out ABDL responses.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I agree, I am more than sure all diaper companies know about abdl's. Especially the marketing department of each company, they would be the most likely ones to be aware of us.

Well when it comes to baby diapers, I think a parent is more qualified than us. When it comes to bedwetting diapers, I think a bedwetter is more qualified, and when it comes to adult diapers, I think someone who -truly- needs them would be more qualified.
I will admit you make a very good point, that does not mean diaper companies still could not make a product line for us. For example they could keep all their current products on the market but just come out with a new diaper on the market. Like pampers could come out with a T-A Size diaper (not pull up), which would stand for teen-adult. No matter what they would call the size or diaper, they could design it specifically wth abdl's in mind, without announcing to the market it is for abdl's. They could create advertiements such as ads commercials and such without making the normal consumer aware they are diapers made for people who like diapers. They would simple think it was just the company expanding to adult consumers to widden their profit.

Now if I got to work in a diaper factory, or be ahead of the engineering of it, well that would be heck of a lot of fun! I would LOVE going to work! As long as most people were nice there of course. Anyways I would really only work there unless I was a manager of a certain department or, engineer designer for diapers.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
In the future, I may consider such a line of work. Several times, I have thought about how nice it would be to take a more active role in the design of adult diapers. The engineering aspects could be fun. Product design and testing would also be pleasant. Often times, I have wondered how many people involved in the design of adult diapers actually wear them. My dream job would be the owner of a small diaper factory. Too bad the cost quickly enters the millions.

The best person to involve in the design of a product is actual users. A baby diaper design would be best handled by a mother. A youth/teen diaper should have good emphasis on bed wetters, but should not be limited to such constraints. Adult diapers should cover the widest group possible. Abena and Tena have the best product ranges, but have room for improvement. While an incontinent person may have more experience with diapers, a DL should not be excluded. Anyone who wears a diaper for an extended time will be able to provide good suggestions for the fit, tapes, and other such items. A diaper that does not stay in place on me while I sleep will likely not work well for others. The absorbency, discreteness, and look will vary from person to person without regards to reason for use. If you are wearing it in public, you will want a thinner, more discrete design. If it is for overnight use, absorbency and fasteners are more critical. For the plastic cover and scent, a DL may be biased differently than an IC.

To successfully work for a company, one should try to avoid discussing their AB/DL interests, but can show extra enthusiasm for the product. A good employee knows the product, knows their job very well, and seeks to help the company above personal interests. While some people may find my interest in adult diapers odd, my value to the company should keep that from being an issue. I definitely think that we could improve diapers and diaper company profits if we worked for them. The harder question is how good of an employee would we be?

Of course, I do not currently work for a diaper company. The previous statements are only my opinion and do not reflect any experience with diaper companies beyond the DL consumer level. For at least the next decade, I plan to remain in my current career. After that, I have no solid plans for my next career. Currently, bondage gear is higher on my list than diapers, but that may change by the time that I reach that point in my life. Currently, both industries have plenty of room for improvement.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I would considering working for one but I wouldn't design a diaper for *B's or DL's unless given a order to and I don't think that's very likely. Anyways like Abigail said people who truly need them should be asked to design them. The most we should do is really buy the diapers we like best, this send the message "Yes people are buying them so keep making them!".

That is also the best argument against internet piracy. The less people buying it the more likely they will stop making such products. The more people buy the less change of them changing their products.

BabyDemon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Kimberly-Clark employees hundreds of engineers from Mechanical, Electrical and Industrial focuses to keep the plants running smoothly and develop new effciencies. I've had many friends who went to work for KC after college. One was a IT person and he was an AB/DL :) didn't have much interaction with any kind of product but did have an @pull-ups.com email which he said was fun but eventually he left because they were outsourcing IT and his job sucked. I would imagine P&G does the same hiring engineers to help keep the control systems and factory production machines working efficiently. The other thing about working at KC or P&G is that there is no guarantee you'll end up on the Diaper lines since they do make hundreds of types of products.

If I had the chance I'd think about it but I probably wouldn't considering I focused my electrical engineering degree in something other then control systems.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I would be interested in it from the engineering point of view, but it isn't really the area I want to go into. I certainly wouldn't consider *BDL (a minor part of the market) to be good customers to base the wants of a whole on - a product is designed for the majority of it's customers. I would take the job if I wanted to go into a more closely related area of engineering but Mech Eng --> Diapers is limited.

Mechanical Engineering is a big part of modern diaper production. Most diapers made today are produced in plants that are 100% automated. No human hands ever touch the product, the products are even boxed, palletized and shrinkwrapped by machine.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I actually considered working for the company that makes Tranquility brand. They are located near where I live. THey had a banner outside the factory stating they were hiring. I went on the website, but it wasn't updated.

cais

Contributor
I'm pretty close by to XP Medical, so a job there just might be one that I'll actually enjoy! As for open jobs in the place it's really just a warehouse/supply store, so it would be labor intensive :sad:

Anyway, I'll be sure to post here ASAP if I get the job. And if I end up working there with certain "benefits"...
You all can just give me a ring, 'cuz I got the hookup:cool:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm pretty close by to XP Medical, so a job there just might be one that I'll actually enjoy! As for open jobs in the place it's really just a warehouse/supply store, so it would be labor intensive :sad:

Anyway, I'll be sure to post here ASAP if I get the job. And if I end up working there with certain "benefits"...
You all can just give me a ring, 'cuz I got the hookup:cool:
I am not very sure if Gary would want AB's or DL's to work for him. You got to recall most of their clients do need diapers. Not to mention Gary uses the products himself but not since he likes them, how do you think he would feel if he found out you were using him and the company like that?

cais

Contributor
My last line in my last comment was more of a joke, but I'm sure Gary would be more than fine with an AB/DL working there, seeing as they'd have more of an interest in their work than other employees. If I owned XP Medical, I think an AB/DL employee would help catering to that community...possibly more business?

And the "hookup" you ask? 15% off all products...ohhh yeahhh:laugh:

I don't know if i would, it would be more awkward than anything :) anyway, I'm an IT person so I really wouldnt have much to do with the designing :)

PFD

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
How about being a diaper tester?
On the practical side, the large companies use consumer product testing, often employing third-party firms to help. Every aspect of a product is tested. Making, marketing, and distributing a product as (seemingly) simple as a diaper is actually very involved. There are many aspects of that work one might devote themselves to. I'd be interested in production, from a quality management point of view. How does one best keep the production process/system operating so that it generates the best possible product at the lowest possible cost?
The thought of free diapers is nice, too, but that's a bit unrealistic.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
a product is designed for the majority of it's customers.
Exactly. So, diapers are made many different kinds of incontinence. They can't just make a diaper with extra padding in the back (for bedwetters), so they compensate here and there to make something that fits a little bit of everyone's needs.

I wouldn't be suprised if diaper companies do know about *BDL.
They probably do, and would never want to be caught dead, affiliated with us.

However, I'm sure we have a mole in the operation. One of the diaper companies corporate offices has a young executive who is a DL, working his/her way up the food chain towards being high enough to help our cause. He/She will strike when the time is right. And the birth of size 11 will be finally here.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
However, I'm sure we have a mole in the operation. One of the diaper companies corporate offices has a young executive who is a DL, working his/her way up the food chain towards being high enough to help our cause. He/She will strike when the time is right. And the birth of size 11 will be finally here.
Uh... right. Someone is willing to throw their life away just so they can make baby diapers in bigger size's. That doesn't sound realistic to me at all and like you said diaper producers like Huggies or Pampers won't be designing diapers for people with a diaper fetish. If they did their most loyal customers would abandoned them, those being mothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.