Work Outs - Get in "shape"

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I was wondering if anyone has any good, at home, workouts? I would love to slim down a bit. I would love to slim down into a more feminine shape, if that's even possible. I am most interested into workout routines I can do at home. Any help, hints, tips, links to videos or otherwise would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Maybe even some pointers to some realistic, sustainable, long-term diets?

For exercise, anything that gets your heart rate up (cardio exercises) will work. You don't need any equipment and minimal space to do them. Modified jumping jacks, running in place, squats, or any other easy to do exercises. 10 or 15 minute periods of exercise 2-3 times a day will make you feel mentally better and will burn several hundred calories.

For long term dieting, avoid anything "fad" related i,e keto, etc, because those radical lifestyle changing diets typically don't last beyond 1-2 months. Find a caloric intake that gives you a deficit of 1-2lbs per week and eat foods that are low calorie and filling. The most important thing is to eat and be full, as being hungry is unsustainable and will make you more likely to cave and eat unhealthy foods. Don't forget to treat yourself too, have a day each week where you get some burgers or fried chicken or something and feast, it gives you a short term goal to get to and a reward for doing so.

Lastly, don't obsess too much over the numbers. Going 100 calories over your daily goal isn't a big deal, there will be days you go over and days you stay under. Being consistent in your attempts to reach that goal is what matters.

Reactions: KMichelle, Blathers and CLPP
If you are interested in workouts at home, take a look at the fitness videos on Youtube and follow along!

If that isn't to your taste, have a look into skipping/jumping rope.
  1. 3. Burns Major Calories

2. Compared to jogging for 30 minutes, jumping rope actually burns more calories. According to Science Daily, “This aerobic exercise can achieve a “burn rate” of up to 1300 calories per hour of vigorous activity, with about 0.1 calories consumed per jump.Ten minutes of jumping rope can roughly be considered the equivalent of running an eight-minute mile.”
It's cheap, possible to do at home and gets your heart rate up! :)

I agree with Barn, have a look into foods that are filling but actually very little calories. Things like your leafy greens. For example - Spinach 300grams is like 70calories only.

All the best! Good luck with your journey.

So, a year ago I was a size 20 and over 17 and a half stone. Take a look at my profile pic...pretty hot if I say so myself. No dieting or gym just running 5k three times a week, it's free and only takes 30 mins. You're welcome x

• Love
Reactions: Blathers
Well, I guess if you lived in a rural, quite country sided neighborhood like I do you can always go for a walk, a jog, or a bike ride.

Or if you wanna be comfortable in your home, you can try and do push ups, sit ups, and some weight lifting.

In my case, I usually just strict myself to a good diet and normally loose a good amount of weight by the start of the new week. Though sometimes, I have frequent cheat days and that kind of gets in the way. 😅 But nevertheless my weight hardly shifts.

I tend to keep myself around 180.

Exercise is great and will make you look great, but not if you are chubby. The saying is “you can’t outrun a bad diet”. I recommend changing your eating habits or eating less. Don’t do vigorous exercise until you are down to a healthy weight, as you can risk injury or you will find it too hard and give up (particularly running). Start slow with walking etc. Don’t do a fad diet or extreme diet, because diets end and it is hard to keep up with an extreme diet. If you return to eating the way you were before the diet, you will end up right back where you started. You need a permanent change that results in less calories throughout the day. If you stopped losing weight or are gaining it back, then it is simply your body telling you that you are still eating too much.

For an example, I was overweight, bordering obese (200 lbs at 5’11”). All I did was cut out sugar drinks for water, I used to love Coca Cola, now it is rare treat. Anyway, simply stopping soda brought me back to a healthy weight of 174 pretty quickly. I started doing running around the same time, but the extra weight and being sedentary for the previous 5 years, I had to quit the running due to injury(shin splints).

Once I got down to a healthy weight, it was game on with vigorous exercise. I row, lift weights and sometimes run when I feel like it.

Oh, and stay far away from the fat acceptance community. They are bitter crabs in a bucket who are miserable liars. Accepting fat people is fine and good, fitness isn’t for everyone. But many of the people in that community are downright malicious liars. And misery loves company.

Last edited:
Eliminate complex carbs at night, once you figure out your maintenance weight go 500 calories a day UNDER that. If you stick to that you'll lose
a pound a week just doing that. Start with mild forms of exercise such as walking for 30 minutes or so 3-4 times a week.

I still do my 500 sit ups and push ups every day when I get home, I stick my feet under the couch and do sit ups and do 20 sets of 25 for each with 30 seconds in between sets. Keeps me fit. I also love going for a 3 mile run with my dog, this is the weather for it.

Back