Not open for further replies.

WildBlueCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
It was after hours, so didn't even have to worry about running into the line workers. I applied protection (Depend six-tape brief) in the stall at an Applebees, 'cause my gut was rumbling and I figured better safe than sorry. Man, those things are loud, even over throbbing pop music pumped into the restroom. Anyway.

Wasn't sure how the experiment would go - would it be distracting? Tonight was just a couple of trips around the pattern for night currency, though, in a plane I know well, at an airport I know like the back of my hand, so I figured probably the safest time to try it out.

Glad I did. Felt so comfortable and ... Protected. (I know, it was a Depend, and I shouldn't trust it for much, and I don't. But it does have leak barriers and it would have contained a bit of an accident if it had to, and I wouldn't have to have to worry about potentially having to explain why the seat needed cleaning...)

As it turned out, I had a few minutes to kill in the run-up area waiting for the clock to tick an hour past sunset (so the take-offs and landings would count as "night" flying), and had to pee a little; the bathrooms were ~10 minutes of taxiing back, oh, and, locked for the night. Was really nice to be padded for this trip!

Definitely confidence-boosting...

Wish I was padded up for my flight to Florida last friday. I've lately been having alot of issues at night and ended up peeing myself on the flight during some bad turbulence. Luckily for me, my pants dried up the puddle, but still though, the fact I haven't worn in over a month and now I'm having the bedwetting issues.

Been padded on several trips now and it is definitely my preferred way to fly. I still have a difficult time being able to pee seated on the plane, but its main purpose is to protect me if my urge IC kicks in and a bathroom isn't available immediately. It doesn't happen often but it has saved me before. I still can't bring myself to go thru security padded though.

dressesRbestest said:
I still can't bring myself to go thru security padded though.

That's my concern about diapers while flying. I've been wanting to wear diapers while flying for a while now, but especially with those full-body scanners I'm afraid of getting stopped in security. I think if I go for it, I'll keep the diaper in my bag until getting through security, then diaper up on the other side.

I've never had any issues with security giving me a problem for having diapers in my bag. I just head straight to the ladies room once I am thru. I'm also always traveling with my husband so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Yeah, fortunately security isn't an issue for me. (Like, at all. Last night it was "come on by whenever, we left the gate unlocked and the keys in the plane." :)) I've only flown commercially a couple of times since the full body scanners went in, but I can't go through them anyway (old motorcycle injury, I can't lift my right arm up as high as they want it), and it's never been a "thing." (I was grateful I was in a Dry 24/7 coming out of Portland a couple of years ago; we were stuck on the tarmac waiting for de-icing for several hours.)

I fly over 150,000 miles a year and am diapered 24/7. Get TSA Pre-check, as you'll only have to go through the metal detectors for the most part, not the body-scanners. While I have had TSA give me grief about my diapers, it has only happened a few times out of hundreds of trips over the last several years. I'll be diapered again tomorrow for my flights...and very grateful. I can't tell you the number of times the diapers have saved me from (both kinds) of embarrassing accidents!

bambinobaby said:
I fly over 150,000 miles a year and am diapered 24/7. Get TSA Pre-check, as you'll only have to go through the metal detectors for the most part, not the body-scanners. While I have had TSA give me grief about my diapers, it has only happened a few times out of hundreds of trips over the last several years. I'll be diapered again tomorrow for my flights...and very grateful. I can't tell you the number of times the diapers have saved me from (both kinds) of embarrassing accidents!

What has the grief looked like when they hassled you? What do they do/say?
I've had s couple experiences that were less than fun with TSA.

I've never had any commercial flight diapered experiences, although I am a commercial pilot, so I guess that can count?

By the looks of things I am nearly in the same boat as WildBlueCrinkle, flying small aircraft. I am a recently licensed flight instructor (6 months ago) teaching students how to fly. So technically speaking I am a commercial pilot, since I have my commercial pilots license. Anyways, point being, I've had a few experiences doing some solo cross countries and whatnot back during my training.

Nothing like sitting in the 172 in a nice fluffy wet diaper flying at 6500 feet with not a single worry other than this big wet diaper!

Cool that you fly small a/c, are you in training?

dressesRbestest said:
I still can't bring myself to go thru security padded though.
It's fine, even with the full body scanners. The only way the scanner will flag anything is if the diaper is wet. I've flown a lot in the past 2 years and worn a diaper through security every time with no issues.

I'd love to fly in one but imagine getting pulled out of line for a "random search"

I love flying padded. For commercial flying I pack a couple in my backpack and get changed in a restroom on the secure side of the airport.

I've never tried wearing while flying before. Once I was doing a 4 hour cross country flight with no stops and had to pee after 30 minutes. That was the longest flight I ever did. Was wishing I had worn for that

The last time I flew I went through security wearing Depend underwear. No problems whatsoever either time. Then when I was on the secure side before boarding I visited the bathroom for a #2 then put my diaper on for the flight.

I don't fly without 'em at this point.

When leaving the house, I usually wear Depend True Fit adult Pull-ups for my incontinence (While still using the toilet), but go ahead and try changing one of those in a plane lavatory.. When the nerves are churning and I know that I'm going to be peeing every 15 minutes and leaking in-between, I wear a diaper. Especially in the window seat.

BlueSky said:
I've never tried wearing while flying before. Once I was doing a 4 hour cross country flight with no stops and had to pee after 30 minutes. That was the longest flight I ever did. Was wishing I had worn for that

I've been in that situation before :p

irnub said:
It's fine, even with the full body scanners. The only way the scanner will flag anything is if the diaper is wet. I've flown a lot in the past 2 years and worn a diaper through security every time with no issues.

a wet diaper following chemo is pretty much guaranteed to get you the full workup. lots of stories about people wheeling their elderly parents through a terminal getting nine kinds of grief due to that.

NigelM said:
Nothing like sitting in the 172 in a nice fluffy wet diaper flying at 6500 feet with not a single worry other than this big wet diaper!

Flying in the clouds? :)

Cool that you fly small a/c, are you in training?

I'm between training right now, but not for long. I have my private pilot's license, and I've passed the instrument written, but haven't been able to get on the schedule for a CFII - I start practical training for my IR in April. That's probably as far as I'll go, though I'll add complex and tail wheel endorsements soon and may someday go for a multi engine license. It's mostly a pleasure / work travel thing for me, and I mostly just don't want to get stuck somewhere under a low marine layer.

What do you fly? Always Cessnas? (I mostly fly Cherokees.)

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Flying in the clouds? :)

I'm between training right now, but not for long. I have my private pilot's license, and I've passed the instrument written, but haven't been able to get on the schedule for a CFII - I start practical training for my IR in April. That's probably as far as I'll go, though I'll add complex and tail wheel endorsements soon and may someday go for a multi engine license. It's mostly a pleasure / work travel thing for me, and I mostly just don't want to get stuck somewhere under a low marine layer.

What do you fly? Always Cessnas? (I mostly fly Cherokees.)

I am a student pilot, but I have been on a long break from training. I have 40 hours in both Cessna 172 and super cubs. I live in Alaska so it's always a good idea to learn to fly.

I am a flight instructor in sailplanes. I have flown padded many times. The front seater never has any idea that I am wearing and using. Feels kind of naught to me too. A lot of sailplane pilot wear diapers in lieu of using the condom catheters attached to a bag/bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back