Wondering if my daughter is dropping hints

Sissyboy2807

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
So my daughter is only child and she is 11. A few weeks ago we were in the car. We were talking about a concert how it would be the wife and daughter at the concert. Wife said it would be hard if your not there like what if one of us has to use the bathroom and we could lose our spot. Well my daughter out of nowhere says I could just wear a diaper. I thought that was kind of an odd thing to say.
Then just yesterday we were driving home and we were saying that the sister in laws baby would be born in October and not December. Wife said we could just buy them a diapers. And my daughter said Christmas diapers are the best diapers.

My daughter used to be interested in a few of the episodes of when a diaper used to be on TV. Like an episode of king Julian where there was a diaper scene. Not sure if I am just thinking too much out of it or not. She says she hates babies. I guess just see how things go.

• Wow
Reactions: DLJosie, jonny77, Lyric and 4 others
Overthinking. Diapers are funny to a lot of kids, just like a lot of things that could be considered embarrassing or gross.

Reactions: geka, LifeGoesOn223, LilByte and 7 others
Its possible she knows something either A about you or B about ABDL because that’s two different times now. Wouldn’t hurt to ask. Just don’t be to weird about it.

You could always take her phone or computer and check searches and see if she’s ever looked up stuff.

Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, Lillogan18, Woncrinklz and 3 others
It’s possible you’re thinking too much of it, or it’s possible it’s something else, but she is only 11. None of these things are necessarily indicative of anything, though as ABDLs we could see them as possible signs of an interest in diapers. I wouldn’t make it weird or a big deal and ask about it, just see how things go as you already plan to do. There’s really not much you’d get out of questioning it besides satisfying your own curiosity.

Reactions: geka, Diprs2, littledinogoesrawr and 7 others
Diapers are funny to most kids
those kind of comments are jokes
I wouldn't read into it any other way

Reactions: LifeGoesOn223, Diprs2, LilByte and 4 others
YakuiAndOzoi said:
Overthinking. Diapers are funny to a lot of kids, just like a lot of things that could be considered embarrassing or gross.
This!!!

You are probably over thinking it and making connections where there are none. Kid joke about these sort of things, best not to think about it.

Also, on the slim chance that she was ABDL, so what? Do you really want to know about what your daughter does in the privacy of her bedroom? or involve yourself in that? It can make for a complicated family dynamic, many people would be weirded out by their family knowing or even involving themselves. And sure, I know some people had a special relationship like that but it isn't necessarily for everyone and if you don't think that is for or for her you then best not to entertain such thoughts.

Probably it is best to just play ignorant IMHO.

Reactions: mistykitty, AJFan2020, Sissyboy2807 and 5 others
LittleBoyCuddles said:
Also, on the slim chance that she was ABDL, so what? Do you really want to know about what your daughter does in the privacy of her bedroom? or involve yourself in that?
Yeah, this part especially. I can understand the urge to let people know they're accepted even if the interest is weird but now is obviously a time where the subject should basically never be even approached, and the times were it would be appropreate to bring up if you child was an adult is still very limited!

Reactions: littledinogoesrawr, mistykitty, lilbabyjooce and 3 others
I dropped hints like this left and right when I was that age. I basically looked for excuses to say the word “diaper”.

That probably isn’t what’s going on here, but it can’t hurt to try to find out. Just don’t make her feel like you’re invading her privacy.

Reactions: Rezzu, mistykitty, Sissyboy2807 and 2 others
It may be nothing but childish curiosity or could be something else. In my family growing my sister and I talking about diapers, playing in them and wetting ourselves wasn't unusual since we both wet our beds and needed to wear diapers for that.

Reactions: Blekyss, Rezzu, Chrissie and 2 others
Sissyboy2807 said:
So my daughter is only child and she is 11. A few weeks ago we were in the car. We were talking about a concert how it would be the wife and daughter at the concert. Wife said it would be hard if your not there like what if one of us has to use the bathroom and we could lose our spot. Well my daughter out of nowhere says I could just wear a diaper. I thought that was kind of an odd thing to say.
Then just yesterday we were driving home and we were saying that the sister in laws baby would be born in October and not December. Wife said we could just buy them a diapers. And my daughter said Christmas diapers are the best diapers.

My daughter used to be interested in a few of the episodes of when a diaper used to be on TV. Like an episode of king Julian where there was a diaper scene. Not sure if I am just thinking too much out of it or not. She says she hates babies. I guess just see how things go.
Just ask her if she would wear a diaper at the concert.

• Thinking
Reactions: LifeGoesOn223, Angelapinks, BabyCorry and 3 others
I don't think wearing diapers at concerts is all that unusual. I have for years and I've gone with dates who also wore diapers once I suggested wearing them instead of standing in line to use a filth portable potty.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Blekyss, Rezzu and 2 others
Seriously, do not think about this too much. It is, frankly, none of your business, and it would inappropriate for you to dig any deeper. Most of us have been in the longstanding tradition of not telling family members about being AB/DL and it's better that way.

Sometimes you get people saying they "came out" to their parents and it worked out fine; if your daughter ever does then so be it, just be supportive of what she tells you. But don't try to "find out." Nothing good can come of it.

RestrainU4Me said:
Its possible she knows something either A about you or B about ABDL because that’s two different times now. Wouldn’t hurt to ask. Just don’t be to weird about it.

You could always take her phone or computer and check searches and see if she’s ever looked up stuff.

For the love of God, do not do this. Snooping (except in literally life-saving conditions, I guess) is a bad thing for a parent to do. Especially when it's about as something as private and inappropriate as trying to find out if your eleven year old child likes to wear diapers.

I apologize if I come off as harsh here. I do get the desire to find out and maybe find a way for you and your daughter to connect with each other and show her that you understand. But I just think it would be a very bad idea to act on that in any way.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: gamefreak94, SabuInu, Lyric and 7 others
One piece of advice that I’d like to offer is to avoid allowing her to wear a diaper (for fun) unless there’s a medical need. From what I’ve read, that reinforces the tendency to become a DL (as a minimum) in later life. If she obtains a diaper otherwise without your knowledge, and you find out, that’s time to deal with it on a physiological level.
I had/have birth defects that has necessitated wearing diapers throughout my life but there seems to be a ‘great deal’ of use of children’s pull-ups and such these days. It’s my belief that this may lead to diaper desires later in life for some. I hope I’m wrong.
My two teenage boys were out of diapers and such by 4. They have also been around me for all of these years and as far as I know, haven’t had desires to wear diapers. They know of my need for diapers and also the hassle it is for me to deal with it. I hope this detours them from any such desires later in life.

Reactions: Diprs2, Lyric, Blekyss and 2 others
SparkyDog said:
Diapers are funny to most kids
those kind of comments are jokes
Most of the times. I'm IC and when I was a kid I didn't like these jokes. At school some of these jokes became a way to ridicule. At least for me. Teachers were very sensitive with me. Some students, at least not my friends, it was a way to be mean. So everyone should try to be more respective. Especially young kids.

LadyOfTintagel said:
Seriously, do not think about this too much. It is, frankly, none of your business, and it would inappropriate for you to dig any deeper. Most of us have been in the longstanding tradition of not telling family members about being AB/DL and it's better that way.

Sometimes you get people saying they "came out" to their parents and it worked out fine; if your daughter ever does then so be it, just be supportive of what she tells you. But don't try to "find out." Nothing good can come of it.

For the love of God, do not do this. Snooping (except in literally life-saving conditions, I guess) is a bad thing for a parent to do. Especially when it's about as something as private and inappropriate as trying to find out if your eleven year old child likes to wear diapers.

I apologize if I come off as harsh here. I do get the desire to find out and maybe find a way for you and your daughter to connect with each other and show her that you understand. But I just think it would be a very bad idea to act on that in any way.
Yeah I won't do that as I hated when my mom did that to me. I'll just ignore it for now. If it comes up again I may ask just a follow up comment or question.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Blekyss, LittleBoyCuddles and 1 other person
Lyric said:
I don't think wearing diapers at concerts is all that unusual. I have for years and I've gone with dates who also wore diapers once I suggested wearing them instead of standing in line to use a filth portable potty.
I don't think it's that unusual that's because I am a diaper lover. For my daughter It was just surprising to hear that. Like it's not something I would recommend doing even as a joke. It's just me.

Reactions: Diprs2
YakuiAndOzoi said:
Yeah, this part especially. I can understand the urge to let people know they're accepted even if the interest is weird but now is obviously a time where the subject should basically never be even approached, and the times were it would be appropreate to bring up if you child was an adult is still very limited!
Yeah I don't plan on having that conversation anytime soon. Yeah I agree with what you are saying. It would be too weird to go down that rabbit hole.

LittleBoyCuddles said:
This!!!

You are probably over thinking it and making connections where there are none. Kid joke about these sort of things, best not to think about it.

Also, on the slim chance that she was ABDL, so what? Do you really want to know about what your daughter does in the privacy of her bedroom? or involve yourself in that? It can make for a complicated family dynamic, many people would be weirded out by their family knowing or even involving themselves. And sure, I know some people had a special relationship like that but it isn't necessarily for everyone and if you don't think that is for or for her you then best not to entertain such thoughts.

Probably it is best to just play ignorant IMHO.
Yeah that's my plan. If it gets mentioned again I may add a follow up question or comment but yeah that would be too weird.

RestrainU4Me said:

Yeah I agree. I just don't think I would be able to go through her stuff. My mom went through my closet and I hated it.

Reactions: geka, RestrainU4Me, lilbabyjooce and 1 other person
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
Most of the times. I'm IC and when I was a kid I didn't like these jokes. At school some of these jokes became a way to ridicule. At least for me. Teachers were very sensitive with me. Some students, at least not my friends, it was a way to be mean. So everyone should try to be more respective. Especially young kids.
They are funny to those who don't need don't wear
which is why the jokes to us who wore them we're not funny

Reactions: Diprs2
Back